The Best Decks in TCG

harshu

How do I know a good, solid Pokemon? I thought the ones I had were pretty good. The other Vespiquen I figured was worse. Wouldn't you need to play it later on in the game, waiting until you had more cards in the discard pile?

there are other ways to get pokemon in the discard. Professor sycamore, ultra ball and battle compressor mainly. you also use the new unown card.

Hello Friends, As Promised : I have finished up with the Deck Making guide on the first page second post of this thread. I hope it helps all players :)

ANy Suggestions are aprreciated thank you :)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Hello Friends, As Promised : I have finished up with the Deck Making guide on the first page second post of this thread. I hope it helps all players :)

ANy Suggestions are aprreciated thank you :)

Hey Harshu, glad you finished that guide I suggested! It looks great and I am sure it will help plenty of players. Any more thoughts on the sceptile deck?

Edited by pokemasterTz

Hey Harshu, glad you finished that guide I suggested! It looks great and I am sure it will help plenty of players. Any more thoughts on the sceptile deck?

Well What my current purpose is to finalise all the decks before more new decks have been posted. The only delay was poison deck, because I myself wasn't good at it :D So as no more suggestions to the poison deck, I am finalising it :)

Once I've picked a Pokemon I want to use how do I pick others that will work with it? I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be looking for :blink:

By the date it seems, you have joined yesterday, and are pretty new. Please read the New Player Guide first :) Also, you need to learn the game, so play the Pokemon Tutorial !!

By the date it seems, you have joined yesterday, and are pretty new. Please read the New Player Guide first :) Also, you need to learn the game, so play the Pokemon Tutorial !!

I read the guide yesterday. I know how to use a forum, I've learnt how to play the game and play it on PTCGO but I'd like some help on how to create my own deck which the guide doesn't explain anything about.

I read the guide yesterday. I know how to use a forum, I've learnt how to play the game and play it on PTCGO but I'd like some help on how to create my own deck which the guide doesn't explain anything about.

Oh.. well go to Deck Manager.

Choose the Format, I suggest not to use Deck Wizard to create your deck. Its broken.

Then after choosing the format, add the cards you want. Then click on save button on the top right corner, which is a Floppy Disk Shape !

Oh.. well go to Deck Manager.

Choose the Format, I suggest not to use Deck Wizard to create your deck. Its broken.

Then after choosing the format, add the cards you want. Then click on save button on the top right corner, which is a Floppy Disk Shape !

I can do that but I'd like advice on how you know which Pokemon work well together. Someone said to pick a good, solid Pokemon - but what counts as one?

I can do that but I'd like advice on how you know which Pokemon work well together. Someone said to pick a good, solid Pokemon - but what counts as one?

Well you see all the decks around here, go to the front page, and we have many Decks. Make the deck, with the cards you have and they work well. I am sure such a deck will help. By a solid Pokemon he meant, a very good pokemon. Like Yveltal EX or M rayquaza. And like that..

Well you see all the decks around here, go to the front page, and we have many Decks. Make the deck, with the cards you have and they work well. I am sure such a deck will help. By a solid Pokemon he meant, a very good pokemon. Like Yveltal EX or M rayquaza. And like that..

Just copy someone elses deck? I won't learn the strategies that way. And when it comes to competing someone else could have the same one

Just copy someone elses deck? I won't learn the strategies that way. And when it comes to competing someone else could have the same one

Well thats pretty nice of you. Not copying is good for learning. But then, if you want to do it from starting. Then tell the cards you have. And I will help you in finding good supportive cards for it.

Well thats pretty nice of you. Not copying is good for learning. But then, if you want to do it from starting. Then tell the cards you have. And I will help you in finding good supportive cards for it.

A list of what I've picked as 'good Pokemon' or my complete list of what I have?

if I were you, i would first wander around to find the card I like (for example, mega ray ex col). i will then find the other cards that can central around it, make it become a good attacker. I then come up with ray col, exeggcute, shaymin ex col, hoopa ex,... for filling bench, bronzong eelektrik for energy accelerate or just mega turbo,...

Or you can find a strategy you want to play with: for example: beatdown. i then come up with a bunch of pokemon that can hit hard (150+damage). usually they can not use that attack next turn or discard energy to attack,... so I use keldeo ex to prevent that or energy recycler like bronzong or eelektrik.

that how i think it is. have fun :)

Good pokemon will work

I have picked:

Articuno 16/108

Magikarp 19/98 with Gyarados 20/98

Golett 34/98 with Golurk 41/98

Miltank 83/106

Oddish 1/98 with Gloom 2/98 and Vileplume 3/98

Combee 9/98 with Vespiquen 10/98 because apparently that one is better

Gulpin 37/119 with Swalot 38/119

Obviously I'm not going to use all of them, these are just some favourites I've picked out. I would like to  use Bellossom as she is my all time favourite but I understand that it might not be a great card. I would like to keep Miltank in but would need more stage 2 Pokemon to use to the cards advantage

if I were you, i would first wander around to find the card I like (for example, mega ray ex col). i will then find the other cards that can central around it, make it become a good attacker. I then come up with ray col, exeggcute, shaymin ex col, hoopa ex,... for filling bench, bronzong eelektrik for energy accelerate or just mega turbo,...

Or you can find a strategy you want to play with: for example: beatdown. i then come up with a bunch of pokemon that can hit hard (150+damage). usually they can not use that attack next turn or discard energy to attack,... so I use keldeo ex to prevent that or energy recycler like bronzong or eelektrik.

that how i think it is. have fun :)

But why would you put exeggcute, shaymin ex etc with it, what is the reasoning behind the choices?

Edited by Becky_x

Try Vileplume and Miltank.

I suppose I should read the deck making guide before offering my amateur advice, the caveat I should include is that I am by no means any kind of pokemon master or anything.

Basically you want cards that help Vileplume evolve / survive / hide and cards that help Miltank attack / survive and you want to make sure you don't rely on a lot of 'items'.  Maybe include some pokemon that Poison or Confuse or something and some that don't allow retreat, once Vileplume is evolved your opponent can't play switches, if they can't retreat the only way out of a special condition is evolution.

So you want lots of Vileplume to increase your chances of evolving it quickly and lots of Miltank so you know it's going to be up front early and you have spares in case a few get knocked out.  Having 'more' stage 2's should mean that you have more of the same stage 2 as opposed to numerous different stage 2's, the theme decks only give you one copy of, say, Vileplume but that is by no means a good idea if you plan on being able to play that pokemon consistently.

Knowing those two 'work' together, you just need to figure out your plan to set them up and include those cards, now picture what the game looks like once you are set up and include cards that will help you maintain momentum and in this case limit the number of cards you include which you won't be able to play.

Then try it out, the best way to figure out what works is to play:  you'll quickly see which cards hang around in your hand and don't get played and you'll find yourself wishing you had a different card more often and that's pretty much how you figure which ones to drop and how to manipulate the card ratios so you have better odds of drawing the card you need when you need it. 

Try Vileplume and Miltank.

I suppose I should read the deck making guide before offering my amateur advice, the caveat I should include is that I am by no means any kind of pokemon master or anything.

Basically you want cards that help Vileplume evolve / survive / hide and cards that help Miltank attack / survive and you want to make sure you don't rely on a lot of 'items'.  Maybe include some pokemon that Poison or Confuse or something and some that don't allow retreat, once Vileplume is evolved your opponent can't play switches, if they can't retreat the only way out of a special condition is evolution.

So you want lots of Vileplume to increase your chances of evolving it quickly and lots of Miltank so you know it's going to be up front early and you have spares in case a few get knocked out.  Having 'more' stage 2's should mean that you have more of the same stage 2 as opposed to numerous different stage 2's, the theme decks only give you one copy of, say, Vileplume but that is by no means a good idea if you plan on being able to play that pokemon consistently.

Knowing those two 'work' together, you just need to figure out your plan to set them up and include those cards, now picture what the game looks like once you are set up and include cards that will help you maintain momentum and in this case limit the number of cards you include which you won't be able to play.

Then try it out, the best way to figure out what works is to play:  you'll quickly see which cards hang around in your hand and don't get played and you'll find yourself wishing you had a different card more often and that's pretty much how you figure which ones to drop and how to manipulate the card ratios so you have better odds of drawing the card you need when you need it. 

I see, I see!

So how about

Oddish - Gloom - Vileplume

Miltank

Spinarak - Ariados

Have some Forest of Giant Plants to evolve to Vileplume asap. Spinarak and Ariados can paralyze/poison, Ariados' impound means defending pokemon can't retreat. Could I then switch to Miltank if I've got a stage 2 on the bench, or switch to Vileplume so opponent can't use items to heal?

I have picked:

Articuno 16/108

Magikarp 19/98 with Gyarados 20/98

Golett 34/98 with Golurk 41/98

Miltank 83/106

Oddish 1/98 with Gloom 2/98 and Vileplume 3/98

Combee 9/98 with Vespiquen 10/98 because apparently that one is better

Gulpin 37/119 with Swalot 38/119

Obviously I'm not going to use all of them, these are just some favourites I've picked out. I would like to  use Bellossom as she is my all time favourite but I understand that it might not be a great card. I would like to keep Miltank in but would need more stage 2 Pokemon to use to the cards advantage

But why would you put exeggcute, shaymin ex etc with it, what is the reasoning behind the choices?

well, sorry for the late reply, just give you suggestion yesterday before going to sleep. My choices are not random but base on the emerald break attack of mega ray. So i have to fill my bench so i use shaymin to give me draw power and bench filling;i use exeggcute as free cost for ultra ball and dowsing machine, also it can br retrieve when sky field is discarded

I see, I see!

So how about

Oddish - Gloom - Vileplume

Miltank

Spinarak - Ariados

Have some Forest of Giant Plants to evolve to Vileplume asap. Spinarak and Ariados can paralyze/poison, Ariados' impound means defending pokemon can't retreat. Could I then switch to Miltank if I've got a stage 2 on the bench, or switch to Vileplume so opponent can't use items to heal?

vileplume effect is applied to ALL player, so be careful if you don't want to be behind. vileplume effect is applied even when it active or stay in bench, so you don't need to switch though. And believe me, you need to know ALL the cards in the format first (boundaries crossed on) to know everything that can help your deck first. I see your strategy but it is very simple and can be easy to break ( you will need miltank, forest, full evolution of vileplume to set up, which required 5 cards, so many, unless you can dig deeper into your deck with Shaymin). I would suggest build this with disruptive strategy: enhanced hanmer, xerosic, head ringer are required. that will slow down the set up process of your opponent and give you time to set up. Also, try ex monsters as they are quite big with strong attack. And this may be irrelevant to the thread but you will definitely need to know how to trade to get all your cards before building a deck. I have been playing nothing but theme decks because i have to put my time on the trade market (and my luck on locked booster packs) untill I get all the cards to build my first deck. Edited by SinistarRay0

Alright Friends. I am done with Poison Deck. Now lets catch up the speed and Finalise Camerupt Decks.

The Decks are (all 3 variants) -->

First one :-

pokemon
2 camerupt-ex
2 litleo
2 flare command pyroar
4 torchic (ancient trait)
2 combusken (midair strike)
3 blaziken (spreading flames)

trainers
4 rare candy
3 switch
2 vs seeker
3 blacksmith
1 trump card
2 juniper
2 xerosic
4 scorched earth
1 ace spec of choice (comp search/dowsing machine/life dew recommended)
1 ultra ball

energy
2 dce
20 fire energy

To answer a few questions which will probably pop up for you

1. why flare command?
flare command pyroar can complete lysandre's actions at a measly cost of one energy while blaziken can attach 3 in one turn.. and saves you a supporter.. plus this has the added benefit of being able to act literally unlimited times and can work on primal groudon which seems to be a pain to beat for lysandre decks..

2. rare candy and combusken.. both?

well firstly the main reason for this is seismi.. at this point you're probably so annoyed with the deck that if it blocks a rare candy and doesn't allow blaziken which is the center point of your deck.. you'll probably go hit your head against the wall.. hence the combusken..

3. so little draw support?
this deck is a naturally drawing deck.. the stadium.. and sacrificing a torchic can really speed up the process of draw..

as usual after that, blazi reattaches and camerupt incinerates everything stupid enough to stay put

thanks for reading and do leave suggestions :)

Second :-

Well just tried this deck. Don't know if it is good or not.

Camerupt EX\Emboar(inferno ferdango) [Custom Deck]

Pokemon = 14

4 Camerupt EX

4 Tepig

2 Pignite

4 Emboar (Inferno Ferdango)

Trainers = 31

Black Smith = 3

Professor's Letter =2

Energy Rerieval =2

Muscle Bond = 2

Scorched Earths = 2

Professor Birch\Shuana = 2

Colress = 2

Lysandre = 1

Lysandre Trump Card = 1

Teammates = 1

Computer Search [Ace Spec] = 1

Skyla = 1

Fan Club = 2

Evo Soda = 2

Rare Candy = 3

VS Seeker = 2

Switch = 1

Escape Rope = 1

Energy = 15

Fire Energy = 15

Now to the strategy.

Your main attacker is Camerupt EX whose attack - explosive Jet does 50 times the number of fire energies discarded. So potentially it can OHKO any pokemon. But for that it needs correct amount of energy. This can be done with Emboar's ability which allows to attach any amount of Fire energy to any pokemon. With this theme, most fire energies will go in discard pile. So to retrieve them some trainer cards like Energy Retrieval and Black Smiths are used.

Now to the uses, though mostly explained in the strategy.

Pokemon - 

Camerupt EX - Main attacker with Explosive Jet as the main attack.

Tepig - to evolve to Pignite then Emboar or directly to Emboar with Rare candy.

Pignite - In case you don't get a rare candy and to evolve into Emboar.

Emboar - To attach as many energies possible(with its ability ) to use its own attack

heat Crash and mostly to use Camerupt EX's Explosive Jet. It is also used to handle pyroars and safegaurd pokemon.

Trainer -

Black Smith - To attach to energies from the discard pile. Since many energies will be in discard pile this will come in handy.

Professor's Letter - to get some more energies if you are short on them.

Energy retreival - It does the same work as Black smith but needs emboar to give the same effect. This can come handy incase you need to attach another energy to different Pokemon.

Muscle Bond - to OHKO pokemon with 150 or 210 HP like pokemon and save discarding an extra energy.

Scorched Earth - incase you are low on cards or have a blacksmith with Camerupt needing energies and you don't have Emboar then this kind of turn can help you attack.

Professor Birch\Shuana - for getting a better hand in case of  bad hands.

Colress - I feel that the bench would fill up quite good not very good, but can provide good cards since more number of benched pokemon are there.

Lysandre - As a game changer if you need to KO any benched pokemon or change the powerful attacker of the opponent and get time to set up.

Lysandre's Trump Card - Since this straegy uses too many card at a high rate, it is a potential that all the useful cards may be lost in discard pile in an intense match, this what trump card is used to get out of.

Teammates can be good getting to search for 2 cards after certain loss in the game, it gives an opportunity to get back.

Computer Search - to search a card really important, which could get you advantage.

Skyla - It is an important trainer in all decks helping to find correct trainer cards at the right moment.

Fan Club - mostly to get Camerupt EX, but some times you also do need tepig.

Evo Soda, in case you don't have the evolution card, but can evolve. More faster the evolution, more better it is.

Rare Candy - to get the fastest evolution and use Emboar's abiliy as early as possible.

VS Seeker - To get Black smith mostly, but sometimes you may need other supporters from the discard pile, so it comes handy.

Switch - To switch Camerupt EX incase your opponent has stalled your Camerupt EX with safegaurd Pokemon or Pyroar.

Escape Rope - is good as search but incase you also need to get rid of the opponent's pokemon.

Energy -

Fire Energy.because this is a fire deck. Nothing more to explain :P

Well thats all for this deck.  Please suggest any improvements if needed. :)

Third :-

Well Sorry, friends. I am really busy these days and wasn't able to update this thread. But I will now !

I am gonna post the 3rd Variant of Camerupt EX.

Camerupt EX\Team Magma Camerupt Deck

Pokemon = 13

Camerupt EX = 4
Numel = 4
Team Magma's Camerupt = 4 (Don't know why short form of Team Magma is getting censored ! Well I will be using T and M together as short form to team magma)
Jirachi EX = 1

Trainers = 35

Professor Juniper\Sycamore = 3
N = 3
Blacksmith = 3
Skyla = 2
Lysandre = 2
Lysandre's Trump Card = 1 (This card is included because. I need to finalise one Variant and the other 2 Variants are pretty much using Lysandre, so I need to compare both. I know its gonna get banned)
VS Seeker = 3
3 Ultra Balls
3 Repeat balls
Computer Search = 1 [Ace Spec]
Muscle bands = 2
Scorched Earth = 2
Teammates = 1
Switch = 1
Escape Rope = 1
Tool Retriever = 1
Starling Megaphone = 1
Professor's Letter = 2

Energy = 12

Fire Energy = 8
Double Colourless =4

The Strategy goes like this -

Pokemon :

Camerupt EX : It is the Main attacker which can OHKO any pokemon by using its second attack which does 50 times the number of Fire Energies you discard.
Numel : To evolve into Team Magma's Camerupt.
Jirachi EX : To get a required supporter in the crucial stage of the match.
Team Magma's Camerupt : It is used for its ability that attaches 1 Fire Energy from discard pile once in a turn. Hence when you attack with Camerupt EX, you discard the energies attached to this TM Camerupt. So actually its ability provides us with recycling of fire energy while hitting big blows with Camerupt EX simultaneously.

Trainers :

Professor Juniper\Sycamore : As your standard Draw Supporter
N : Used to disturb the opponent's hand who is leading the game with some prize cards. On the other hand giving you a better hand.
Blacksmith : To get 2 Energies from Discard pile to take a big blow in case your TM Camerupt is not set up, or you can't use it due to garboder or wobbuffet using its ability.
Skyla to get all kinds of trainer cards. Its a staple !
Lysandre : It can be the game changer. Hence pretty good. Better against Hit and Run Decks like Donphan.
Lysandre's Trump Card to replenish your deck in case of Deck out.
VS Seeker : Its also another staple, which provides you with the usability of a supporter 2 times !
Ultra Ball : Comes handy in getting Pokemon while you discard the Fire Energies.
Repeat Ball. Once you are set up with one camerupt EX or Team Magma's Camerupt. This is better to get those pokemon again.
Computer Search : One of the Best Ace specs in the game. Can be considered as a game changer.
Muscle Bands to help you OHKO pokemon like M Manectric EX, Yveltal EX and Mewtwo EX without wasting one extra energy.
Scorched Earth : Used for 2 Purposes - 1. Discarding your Fire Energy and on the same time getting cards drawn.
Team Mates : In case you have a bad start or you suddenly went behind in the game due to a KO of your Pokemon. This card is the best for you to get back in the game straight away.
Switch and Escape Ropes : used to switch in between Pokemon. They are especially Useful !
Tool Retriever to get rid of Team Flare Gears and startling megaphone so that Garboder doesn't block the ability of TM Camerupt.
Professor's Letter : Another staple, used to draw 2 energies.

Energies :

The Fire energies are basically used to discard. You only need 2 on Camerupt EX.
Double Colourless Energy used to fill up the 2 Energy requirement of Camerupt EX's main attack.

Thats all.

The Deck Idea I saw was when I played against my friend - Awesome_guy.

The Deck is open for improvement :)

These are the layouts. Please help me finalise. I will post some improvements in the next comment :)

To the second Deck, here is my Deck that I play and it is much better than the list there :-

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

Pokémon - 14

1 Jirachi-EX PLB 60
3 Camerupt-EX PRC 146
3 Emboar LTR 27
2 Fennekin XY 24
2 Delphox XY 26
3 Tepig BCR 24

Trainer Cards - 36

1 Switch HS 102
1 Computer Search BCR 137
2 VS Seeker PHF 109
2 Professor's Letter XY 123
2 Skyla BCR 134
2 Superior Energy Retrieval PLF 103
1 Tool Retriever FFI 101
1 Heavy Ball NXD 88
1 Ultra Ball DEX 102
4 Rare Candy PRC 135
1 Lysandre FLF 90
3 N DEX 96
2 Blacksmith FLF 88
1 Startling Megaphone FLF 97
2 Scorched Earth PRC 138
2 Colress PLS 135
1 Escape Rope PRC 127
1 Teammates PRC 141
1 Silent Lab PRC 140
1 Sparkling Robe FFI 99
2 Muscle Band XY 121
2 Level Ball NXD 89

Energy - 10

10 Fire Energy XY 133

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

To the second Deck, here is my Deck that I play and it is much better than the list there :-

Pokémon - 14

1 Jirachi-EX PLB 60

3 Camerupt-EX PRC 146

3 Emboar LTR 27

2 Fennekin XY 24

2 Delphox XY 26

3 Tepig BCR 24

Trainer Cards - 36

1 Switch HS 102

1 Computer Search BCR 137

2 VS Seeker PHF 109

2 Skyla BCR 134

2 Superior Energy Retrieval PLF 103

1 Tool Retriever FFI 101

1 Heavy Ball NXD 88

1 Ultra Ball DEX 102

4 Rare Candy PRC 135

1 Lysandre FLF 90

3 N DEX 96

2 Blacksmith FLF 88

2 Scorched Earth PRC 138

2 Colress PLS 135

1 Escape Rope PRC 127

1 Teammates PRC 141

1 Silent Lab PRC 140

1 Sparkling Robe FFI 99

2 Muscle Band XY 121

2 Level Ball NXD 89

Energy - 10

10 Fire Energy XY 133

Total Cards - 60

Is this a good deck list? (My variation on Emboar with Camels)

Pokémon - 18

3 Emboar PR-BLW BW21

1 Pignite BLW 18

1 Jirachi-EX PLB 98

1 Reshiram LTR 137

2 Fennekin KSS 8

3 Camerupt-EX PRC 29

3 Tepig BCR 24

1 Lugia-EX AOR 68

1 Braixen XY 25

2 Delphox XY 26

Trainer Cards - 33

2 Wally ROS 94

2 Lysandre FLF 90

2 Scorched Earth PRC 138

4 Ultra Ball FLF 99

1 Escape Rope PRC 127

1 Teammates PRC 141

1 Professor Juniper DEX 98

4 N NVI 92

1 Colress PLS 118

1 Weakness Policy PRC 142

2 Rare Candy PRC 135

1 Dowsing Machine PLS 128

3 VS Seeker PHF 109

4 Superior Energy Retrieval PLF 103

1 Switch BLW 104

Energy - 9

9 Fire Energy BLW 106

Total Cards - 60

Okay, sorry to break the train of thought.

But with regards to Miltank / Vileplume

Yeah, that's basically the idea.

As another example of synergy:  Raticate and Doublade are two pokemon with attacks that reduce your opponents HP to 10, poison them with Ariados and they are toast at the end of your turn (because of poison damage).

Some combinations are really obvious since they all came out in the same set: I'm playing M Rayquaza dragon, so I have lots of RSK Reshiram, and Hydreigon EX, it's far from inventive, but I find it fun.

If you start getting EX's it is 'easier' in a way, since they start out as brutal killing machines generally, but the ones I like have big energy costs and tend to need a host of supporting pokemon to get going.

The trick is generally to commit to your strategy and not muddy the waters trying to be everything all in one deck:  Vileplume Miltank Ariados is already enough to get going, I wouldn't get distracted.  But pick your 2 or 3 pokemon that are the central players in your deck and commit all your resources to making sure that happens, that's the best advice I can give.  Games can go really well if you can set up quickly and even bad decks sometimes get lucky draws and hit way above their weight class.

I like it, Vileplume makes hard for poisoned pokemon to get away and Miltank is such a cheap attacker, Sceptile EX would make a great attacker for this deck also, just remember you will be poisoning your own pokemon as well, and Vileplume will prevent YOU from playing say level ball.

Gluck Auf!

Harshu, on the first one, would it be smart to put in a single intimidating mane pyroar? Since you allready run litleo, it seems like a nice tech. I don't know about it though...