The Best Decks in TCG

harshu

Hmnn.... You need a Virizion ex counter. Also, remember n isn't going to be standard legal anymore. Might want to up the bats line as well. Looks good though, hope you can finalize it soon! Oh, btw, I won't be available to help with the deck the next few days. And it's Forest of fans, not fans of Forest!

Virizon EX :( Well, sigi is there to stop it. While I will set up Mewtwo EX. The only possible counter that I can think of while Keldeo is a bad thing as well. So maybe, I will just Lysandre Keldeo, and poison it. With Dragalge it can't retreat and no one really uses Switch in the same deck as Keldeo, so after Koing it, it will be easy again. Only 2 major counters --> Sparkling Robe, thats why I am using Tool Scrapper and Startling  Megaphone, they also work for garboder. Virizon, needs to be KOed, no other option I guess !

@filadae You know your right, it is a weak deck in this format.

But for some reason or another, it still catches a lot of opponents off guard. I got 83/97 winning ratio with it. There are just some decks still out there that use a Basic EX as their primary attacker. And you can still use the pokemon catcher and the PF Pryor to pickle them.  

On another note:

I played against the Shiftry deck at league. Basically, you don't play pokemon, you watch your opponent draw through about 35 cards on his first turn and the game ends. 

In order to beat the shiftry deck you need to draw a minimum of 3 basic Pokemon on first turn, or maybe play hex maniac first turn. Still, with the amount flips involved, you have a small chance of actually playing the Pokemon game. 

I played a total of three games. I won one game, on turn one, because he rolled tails on his shiftry pickups. I lost the two other games because he rolled heads. The first game I played one card, a switch. The second and third game he went first and I sat there on 10 to 15 minute first turn as he drew through his deck and flipped coins. It reminded me allot the trump card, where you would just shrug and move onto the next opponent. 

@filadae You know your right, it is a weak deck in this format.

But for some reason or another, it still catches a lot of opponents off guard. I got 83/97 winning ratio with it. There are just some decks still out there that use a Basic EX as their primary attacker. And you can still use the pokemon catcher and the PF Pryor to pickle them.  

On another note:

I played against the Shiftry deck at league. Basically, you don't play pokemon, you watch your opponent draw through about 35 cards on his first turn and the game ends. 

In order to beat the shiftry deck you need to draw a minimum of 3 basic Pokemon on first turn, or maybe play hex maniac first turn. Still, with the amount flips involved, you have a small chance of actually playing the Pokemon game. 

I played a total of three games. I won one game, on turn one, because he rolled tails on his shiftry pickups. I lost the two other games because he rolled heads. The first game I played one card, a switch. The second and third game he went first and I sat there on 10 to 15 minute first turn as he drew through his deck and flipped coins. It reminded me allot the trump card, where you would just shrug and move onto the next opponent. 

Well we all know how strong a shiftry deck is. I am mostly ready with a counter. Which I will test, but don't think I can win. Yet I will try, if it works I will add it here :)

harshu, the posion deck needs ariados from the new set.

Wait,actually, thats a bad idea, since the attackers poison anyway. Disregard that post.

Actually not a bad idea. Easier to poison then before but it creates problems, because it can only do 3 damage with virbank. So I attack with toxicroak and crobat :)

Well seems like I am going to finalise that deck.

And To everyone --> Ancient Origins is out. Its changing the old rules, making many cards unusable. As such the Ancient Traits are cancelling the rules of the Pokemon that previously existed. So lets better get adjusted :)

New Decks or the older ones that will rule --> M Rayquaza, Sceptile/Shiftry NXD and no other deck seems to survive. Well but I have started the process of getting counters :D

Good Luck to everyone with the new set, though as always my luck has been rotten. Opening 13 AO Packs, nothing out of them. Lets see in future packs, that I open :)

Hey, Harshu, I have an idea for a deck, but I'm having trouble coming up with a list. the idea is to use the new mega sceptile with Renilicus in expanded, renilucus moves all damage counters to one pokemon, then Sceptile heals it all, so your pokemon never get knocked out. Any ideas for a list anyone? You could also use max potion, or move damage to thee new unown card then discard it. You could also add herbal energy or floette.

Edited by pokemasterTz

Hey, Harshu, I have an idea for a deck, but I'm having trouble coming up with a list. the idea is to use the new mega sceptile with Renilicus in expanded, renilucus moves all damage counters to one pokemon, then Sceptile heals it all, so your pokemon never get knocked out. Any ideas for a list anyone? You could also use max potion, or move damage to thee new unown card then discard it. You could also add herbal energy or floette.

Well, I think the deck has already been made :D I was successful in doing some kind of good deck-teching for this. All you need is... Set up Reuniclus as fast as you can, and you genesect can be the pokemon to be healed. Here is what I think -->

3-3 M Sceptile Line

3-1-3 Reuniclus

3 Genesect EX

2-2 Floette :D

You can try M Venusaur as well :D

Too bulky though !

Thats all you need. Now use Energy switches and play it with genesect and and those techs.

Super cool :D

But on a side note, can any one help me on the Poison deck?  SHould the trial deck be finalised ?? :D

Edited by harshu

Well, I think the deck has already been made :D I was successful in doing some kind of good deck-teching for this. All you need is... Set up Reuniclus as fast as you can, and you genesect can be the pokemon to be healed. Here is what I think -->

3-3 M Sceptile Line

3-1-3 Reuniclus

3 Genesect EX

2-2 Floette :D

You can try M Venusaur as well :D

Too bulky though !

Thats all you need. Now use Energy switches and play it with genesect and and those techs.

Super cool :D

But on a side note, can any one help me on the Poison deck?  SHould the trial deck be finalised ?? :D

Harshu, why not just heal other sceptiles? Also, where was this deck already made? was it on this thread? if so, I apologize for re-posting an idea. Btw, my luck seems to be bad too. I got 12 tails in a row from my shiftry flips last night, and there was no pokemon benched. I can't believe I got that many shiftrys in play, that's very unusual, but all tails!!!! But then again, I bought a few AO packs from the shop and the first one I opened had a M Tyranitar!

Edited by pokemasterTz

Harshu, why not just heal other sceptiles? Also, where was this deck already made? was it on this thread? if so, I apologize for re-posting an idea. Btw, my luck seems to be bad too. I got 12 tails in a row from my shiftry flips last night, and there was no pokemon benched. I can't believe I got that many shiftrys in play, that's very unusual, but all tails!!!! But then again, I bought a few AO packs from the shop and the first one I opened had a M Tyranitar!

Haha no man ! I meant by the deck is already made is --> Your deck was superb, and I already want to make it. And Congrats on such a nice Pull, because as ususal, my pull rate has been nothing other than WORST ! And oh.. thats a bit unlucky for the Shiftry. So Actually I must say why genesect because, it can hit 200 for 3 energies and since you are actually playing expanded. Why not use genesect EX ? 200 damage with a bit of umm.. I mean you can hit 200 and enabling Laser/Bank, you can OHKO any Mega Pokemon :D The only thing is M rayquaza :( It seems to be Overpowered, and not because of its attack. The actual reason is Shaymin EX from Roarking skies. Well nonetheless go ahead and make this deck. And I just realised how Broken Shiftry is :D Its useles :D

Haha no man ! I meant by the deck is already made is --> Your deck was superb, and I already want to make it. And Congrats on such a nice Pull, because as ususal, my pull rate has been nothing other than WORST ! And oh.. thats a bit unlucky for the Shiftry. So Actually I must say why genesect because, it can hit 200 for 3 energies and since you are actually playing expanded. Why not use genesect EX ? 200 damage with a bit of umm.. I mean you can hit 200 and enabling Laser/Bank, you can OHKO any Mega Pokemon :D The only thing is M rayquaza :( It seems to be Overpowered, and not because of its attack. The actual reason is Shaymin EX from Roarking skies. Well nonetheless go ahead and make this deck. And I just realised how Broken Shiftry is :D Its useles :D

Yeah, Shiftry is broken, but what I was saying is you can heal off of m sceptiles as well, because they have more hp, so you can remove more damage from the board. I will be posting a list ASAP

Well, here is the list Harshu:

Pokemon: 23

3-3 Sceptile Line

3-1-3 Reuniclus (Man that’s hard to spell)

3 Genesect EX

1 Virizion EX

2-2 Floette

2 Shaymin EX

Trainers: 25

4 Professor Sycamore

3 Forest of Giant Plants

3 Max potion

1 G Booster

2 Professors Letter

3 Rare Candy

3 VS Seeker

1 N

3 Sceptile Spirit Link

2 Energy Switch

Energy: 12

8 Grass

4 Herbal

Note that this list was made in a hurry, and needs major improvement. I probably forgot a bunch of important stuff, so please help me fix any flaws! I also do not have a few of these cards, so I can’t test this, so if anyone would I would be thankful. This is just a very rough list, again, it needs improvement.

Yeah, Shiftry is broken, but what I was saying is you can heal off of m sceptiles as well, because they have more hp, so you can remove more damage from the board. I will be posting a list ASAP

Yes you can, but don't you think, with Muscle Band, 120 Damage is short for a mega, though the effects of attack are too good. But a In-built lysandre system, with a canon, that can do 200 damage is always use ful even against the Donphans, that are going to become popular after rotation ? So I think, M Sceptile/Genesect is better than sole Sceptile !

Well today is the last day, so please state your suggestions, improvements on the Poison Deck :D I will be finalising it tomorrow !

For Trainers -->

2-3 Professor Sycamore

2-3 Colress

2-3 N

1 Max Potion

3 Forest Plants

1 G Booster[Ace Spec]

3 VS Seeker

3 Rare Candy

1-2 Super Rod or use energy returner !

3 Sceptile Links

1 Fan Club or use Ultra Balls !

1 Lysandre

For energies use, 4 Plasma Energies instead of Herbal. SO you have lysandre which was missing

Pokemon:17

3-3 Sceptile Line

2-1-2 Reuniclus (Man that’s hard to spell)

3 Genesect EX

1 Virizion EX

2 Shaymin EX

Trainers: 31

3 Professor Sycamore

2 Colress

3 Forest of Giant Plants

1 Max potion

1 G Booster

2 Professors Letter

3 Rare Candy

3 VS Seeker

2 N

3 Sceptile Spirit Link

2 Energy Switch

4 Ultra Ball

1 Lysandre

1 Energy Returner

Energy: 12

8 Grass

4 Plasma

Edited by pokemasterTz

Harshu, had to drop Floette line to make space. Also, do you really need Lysandre when you have 4 plasma energys and 3 genesects? As for the poison deck, I think its good, I am not sure though, but I don't really see anything that is wrong with it. Good luck on it! Btw I was thinking "Psycho Saber" as a name for the sceptile deck.

Edited by pokemasterTz

Hi :)

Am I alright to get some help with a deck here? I'm new to this and wasn't sure if this is the place or if here is only for ready made ones? Thanks

Hey, you have come to the right place. We will be glad to help new players. Welcome to the Pokemon Community. You may post about what you need help with.. and I will try my best to help you out. Not only me, many players much better than me, would also be glad to help you..

P.S --> Going to Finalise the Poison Deck tomorrow, if you have any suggestion/objection. Post here :D

Awesome, thanks :D

I'm very new to this, been collecting for years but only learnt how to play last week, so still very new at knowing what works best with eachother. But so far I've come up with this:

Pokemon

(2) Combee 9/98

(1) Vespiquen 11/98 (can use 2 Pokemon Tool cards)

(2) Miltank 83/106

(3) Oddish 1/98

(2) Gloom 2/98

(1) Vileplume 3/98 (ability - no item cards)

(1) Kyurem EX

(1) Blaziken EX

(1) Ampharos EX

(1) Mega Ampharos EX

Total 15

Items

(2) Ultra Ball

(1) Ampharos Spirit Link (not exactly sure how this card works!)

(2) Muscle Band

Total 5

Support

(1) Wally

(2) Pokemon Fan Club

(1) Ace Trainer

(2) Prof Birch Observations

(4) Prof Sycamore

Total 10

Total so far 30

My theory is to attach 2 muscle bands to vespiquen. Item and support cards would be used to increase my chances of getting Vespiquen & the muscle bands out faster (maybe I need 2 Vespiquen?) Vileplume for the no item ability and being a stage 2 to work with Miltank. Again, the item and support cards will hopefully help get to Vileplume quicker. I don wonder if I have too many EX cards? I don't like the thought that knocking 3 of them out makes me lose all my prize cards but I love how hard-hitting they are. I'm also wondering if I should have another stage 2 Pokemon to take advantage of Milktanks moves. One I've got my eye on is the Sewaddle line. Get to Leavanny and the move co-ordinate only takes 1 energy and allows me to search my deck and attach a tool card to two Pokemon, which syncs with Vespiquen!

I would really appreciate some feedback. This is all I've got so far and would love any suggestions anyone has. I've not decided on energy yet I thought it best to know which Pokemon I'd be using first. Maybe I need more of one Pokemon or less than another? I do have other cards but these are ones I've picked myself coupled with favourites that I've tried to make work :)

Edited by Becky_x

Awesome, thanks :D

I'm very new to this, been collecting for years but only learnt how to play last week, so still very new at knowing what works best with eachother. But so far I've come up with this:

Pokemon

(2) Combee 9/98

(1) Vespiquen 11/98 (can use 2 Pokemon Tool cards)

(2) Miltank 83/106

(3) Oddish 1/98

(2) Gloom 2/98

(1) Vileplume 3/98 (ability - no item cards)

(1) Kyurem EX

(1) Blaziken EX

(1) Ampharos EX

(1) Mega Ampharos EX

Total 15

Items

(2) Ultra Ball

(1) Ampharos Spirit Link (not exactly sure how this card works!)

(2) Muscle Band

Total 5

Support

(1) Wally

(2) Pokemon Fan Club

(1) Ace Trainer

(2) Prof Birch Observations

(4) Prof Sycamore

Total 10

Total so far 30

My theory is to attach 2 muscle bands to vespiquen. Item and support cards would be used to increase my chances of getting Vespiquen & the muscle bands out faster (maybe I need 2 Vespiquen?) Vileplume for the no item ability and being a stage 2 to work with Miltank. Again, the item and support cards will hopefully help get to Vileplume quicker. I don wonder if I have too many EX cards? I don't like the thought that knocking 3 of them out makes me lose all my prize cards but I love how hard-hitting they are. I'm also wondering if I should have another stage 2 Pokemon to take advantage of Milktanks moves. One I've got my eye on is the Sewaddle line. Get to Leavanny and the move co-ordinate only takes 1 energy and allows me to search my deck and attach a tool card to two Pokemon, which syncs with Vespiquen!

I would really appreciate some feedback. This is all I've got so far and would love any suggestions anyone has. I've not decided on energy yet I thought it best to know which Pokemon I'd be using first. Maybe I need more of one Pokemon or less than another? I do have other cards but these are ones I've picked myself coupled with favourites that I've tried to make work :)

well, you need a better strategy, just attaching bands to vespiquen isn't going to work well! First of all, I would look at harshus new player guide. "pyramid" lines do not work,and random ex cards are not good either. Think of a good, solid pokemon you have, and build a deck around it. look at harshus guide in hi sthread as well.Your current deck just will not hold well against most decks in the format right now. If you want to play vileplume, partner it with exegutor, and theres another vspiquen that's better and pretty good. hope this helps.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

well, you need a better strategy, just attaching bands to vespiquen isn't going to work well! First of all, I would look at harshus new player guide. "pyramid" lines do not work,and random ex cards are not good either. Think of a good, solid pokemon you have, and build a deck around it. look at harshus guide in hi sthread as well.Your current deck just will not hold well against most decks in the format right now. If you want to play vileplume, partner it with exegutor, and theres another vspiquen that's better and pretty good. hope this helps.

How do I know a good, solid Pokemon? I thought the ones I had were pretty good. The other Vespiquen I figured was worse. Wouldn't you need to play it later on in the game, waiting until you had more cards in the discard pile?