The Best Decks in TCG

harshu

Okay. this way off, but related to poison deck since I have just educated myself on the plasma Crobat.

Not related to the deck, but wouldn't Swampert - Diving Search + Crobat - Night Sight allow you to Diving Search any card then draw it with Night Sight?  I can't see what you'd be getting since running 2 stage 2's would be difficult at best and you'd probably be searching for the card you need to evolve the two line, but it's a free computer search isn't it?

Or Swampert ./ Slurpuff 'Diving Taste'?

Edited by fr33land

Okay. this way off, but related to poison deck since I have just educated myself on the plasma Crobat.

Not related to the deck, but wouldn't Swampert - Diving Search + Crobat - Night Sight allow you to Diving Search any card then draw it with Night Sight?  I can't see what you'd be getting since running 2 stage 2's would be difficult at best and you'd probably be searching for the card you need to evolve the two line, but it's a free computer search isn't it?

Or Swampert ./ Slurpuff 'Diving Taste'?

Well Poison relies on speed set up. If you lie along waiting to set up, those cards are too fragile and don't have good attacks. They can be easily beaten, so I don't think swampert would work well, ofcourse free computer searches, that to per turn is so good. But then... If you see.. we do need to see the set up. The line is as  such bulky !

What do you think ?

That's the thing.  Set up would be too difficult: if 'Diving Taste' was the strategy most of the deck would be devoted to the two evolution lines and quick set up, after you were set up what would you search for?  You'd want to use it to get Swampert set up, but you can't until he is - Catch 22.  'Night Search' (Swampert - Crobat) would be even worse, you'd probably rarely be able to get both evolution lines set up in a timely fashion to take advantage of it.

Best way to run it is with toad.

Toad doesn't fit I guess ! How does toad fit ? You can only do 3 counters per turn and 30 damamge or 50 with a muscle band. PLus using toad will make it a completely Toad deck and not a poison deck.

And thanks for the suggestion, I will be posting a trial list here. If it has any problems tell me. And then I will straight away edit the trial list and finalise it :)

Thanks to everyone here. After posion deck, I will be able catch up :D

maybe its not best deck like the other :) but its original deck :D thx for Harshu and Meagasevee for helping me built this deck. Here the list.

Lordninja

Pokemon (13)

4 Froakie

2 Frogadier

4 Greninja

3 Wailord EX

Trainer (36)

4 Dive Ball

3 Energy Returner

2 Evosoda

3 Max Potion

2 Proffesor Leter

2 Rare Candies

2 Trainer Mail

3 VS Seeker

1 AZ

1 Colress

1 Lysandre

1 Trump

2 N

2 Juniper

2 Skyla

3 Wally

2 Rough seas

Energies (11)

11 Water energy

Strategy

Setup Greninja as fast as you can :) and using wailord as a wall in active pokemon. Thats why i put wally, evo soda and rare candies, because set up greninja is core for this deck since this deck dont have any hitter :D.

As a wall, Wailord must be strong enough, so use max potion if his hp down and rough sea , will help u out this problem :D i recomended Cyclone Scoop as ACE Card to replace AZ, but i dont have Cyclone Scoop so i use AZ :D.

Greninja shuriken discard 1 {W} energy per shuriken, If u have 4 Greninja in bench u can damage 120 constant per turn, and so discard 4 water energies too. use energy returner to get them back to ur deck. And here an option, u can use profesor letter or interviewer question or cilan to get back ur energies to ur hand :), mine using letter :D

Harshu told me i sould run 4 Laser 1 Bank for making great damage with this Deck. 120+30 per turn is crazy right. but i dont know which cards i should replace with them :(

and its all for me, sorry if my english not that good. I hope you all get it what i mean, and im open for any suggestion for this deck. thankyou <3

Edited by galihsatrioaji

Okay, since no one has done it yet, I will post a Yvetal/ M Manectric List!

“Storm of Darkness”

Pokemon:(13)

3 Yvetal XY

3 Yvetal EX

1 Darkrai EX

2-2 M Manectric Line

1 Jirachi EX

1 Keldeo EX

Trainers:(35)

4 Juniper

4 N

1 Comp. Search

3 Max Potion

4 VS Seeker

1 Shadow Circle

2 Lysandre

3 Energy Switch

4 Ultra Ball

2 Manectric Spirit Link

3 Muscle Band

1 Battle Compressor

1 Colress

2 Mega Turbo

Energy:(12)

8 Dark

4 Lightning

Strategy:

Use M Manectric and baby Yvetal to charge up Yvetal EX and do massive amounts of damage, use Darkrai for free retreat, max potion for healing and getting energy in discard for M Manectric and battle compressor for discarding as well, use shadow circle for some more protection. Energy switch is used to help move dark energy from yvetals, and to give instant free retreat. Keldeo EX plus Darkrai EX means status immunity. It's a fun, aggressive deck.

Toad doesn't fit I guess ! How does toad fit ? You can only do 3 counters per turn and 30 damamge or 50 with a muscle band. PLus using toad will make it a completely Toad deck and not a poison deck.

And thanks for the suggestion, I will be posting a trial list here. If it has any problems tell me. And then I will straight away edit the trial list and finalise it :)

Thanks to everyone here. After posion deck, I will be able catch up :D

Sorry I was in a rush and couldnt make my point clear. the best way to run a "Tasty Dive" strategy is to start with toad to slow them down while you set up you run a line of strong attacking low energy so once you set up its just a beat down. The poison deck wouldnt run toad sorry for the confusion

Sorry I was in a rush and couldnt make my point clear. the best way to run a "Tasty Dive" strategy is to start with toad to slow them down while you set up you run a line of strong attacking low energy so once you set up its just a beat down. The poison deck wouldnt run toad sorry for the confusion

Haha ok, got you buddy :)

As a player just starting out, here are the main decks I would go for.

Criteria

Cheap -- Easy to trade

Playable -- Easy to Play

Learn Ratio - Easy to Learn

W/L Ratio -- Higher win ratio than lost ratio

Plasma Gale

Pyroar

http://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/nationals/2014/decks/popular/

DonPhan

Night March - Play with Mew EX

http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/on-the-march-to-victory/

All the decks provided can be tweaked with cheaper cards like trainers mail. The decks can be played in standard format until August 1st, after that, it's time for rotation. When I started playing this game, three years ago, I didn't really know how to build competitive decks. After fumbling my way through the game these are the list of decks that I found easy to build and easy to play. Even with all the meta changes, as of today, they still win allot of games.

Currently, the metagame, as of August 1st, will be going away from these simple format decks and will be spiking us with a more chess style play. It should be interesting. ;)

P.S As most, I'm not a fan of lock decks, but Seismitoad is a great deck, it's just an expensive to build. Yvelta is also a great deck to build, but Darkria can be hard to trade for at times. Trainers want allot for both the cards.

Edited by Poke4trade

As a player just starting out, here are the main decks I would go for.

Criteria

Cheap -- Easy to trade

Playable -- Easy to Play

Learn Ratio - Easy to Learn

W/L Ratio -- Higher win ratio than lost ratio

Plasma Gale

Pyroar

http://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/nationals/2014/decks/popular/

DonPhan

Night March - Play with Mew EX

http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/on-the-march-to-victory/

All the decks provided can be tweaked with cheaper cards like trainers mail. The decks can be played in standard format until August 1st, after that, it's time for rotation. When I started playing this game, three years ago, I didn't really know how to build competitive decks. After fumbling my way through the game these are the list of decks that I found easy to build and easy to play. Even with all the meta changes, as of today, they still win allot of games.

Currently, the metagame, as of August 1st, will be going away from these simple format decks and will be spiking us with a more chess style play. It should be interesting. ;)

P.S As most, I'm not a fan of lock decks, but Seismitoad is a great deck, it's just an expensive to build. Yvelta is also a great deck to build, but Darkria can be hard to trade for at times. Trainers want allot for both the cards.

Other than a pyroar deck. We already have the other decks in the list so no need to post a link and they are finalized as you can see on the front page. I hope that helps you :)

Pyroar is a rather weak choice for the current Meta ( remember that the list you posted was from the Flash Fire era).

Night Marsh is a fine deck and Donphan can work out, allthough it has an increasing number of bad matchups as of late.

Hey harshu, yesterday you pm'd me saying you wanted to talk to me? Just wondering what you wanted.

Won't be able to talk, due to chat problems. Though I wanted to talk about the Donations forum you made. Please read the points I stated I hope you understand.

New Update (Possible finished by tomorrow) -

1. The Deck Making guide on post #2 of this topic.

2. I am (maybe by today) will post the trial posion deck, and then with the help of you people, I can finalise it.

• Downvote 1

Won't be able to talk, due to chat problems. Though I wanted to talk about the Donations forum you made. Please read the points I stated I hope you understand.

New Update (Possible finished by tomorrow) -

1. The Deck Making guide on post #2 of this topic.

2. I am (maybe by today) will post the trial posion deck, and then with the help of you people, I can finalise it.

Yeah, I did, and it got locked anyway. Also, I just would like to make clear that I did not actually take the cards, the idea was for new players to send the trades to the players who were donating.

Yeah, I did, and it got locked anyway. Also, I just would like to make clear that I did not actually take the cards, the idea was for new players to send the trades to the players who were donating.

Yeah I understand, You were doing an awesome job buddy, it was a great idea, but the community here doesn't have all trustworthy people. There are black stamps at many places. Well nevertheless, its against the rules to get deviated from the topic. So I will continue with deck posting :) 

Finalised

POISON DECK

Pokemon = 15

Zubat (Free Flight) = 2
Golbat (Sneaky B_i_t_e) = 2
Crobat (Night Sight) = 2
Toxicroak EX = 2
Skrelp = 2
Dragalge (Poison Barrier) = 2
Sigilyph = 2
Mewtwo EX = 1

Trainers = 31

Startling Megaphone = 2
Tool Scrapper = 1
Colress = 1
Computer Search [Ace Spec] = 1
Virbank = 3
Hypnotix Laser = 2
3 Ultraball

Level Ball = 2
Lysandre = 2
VS Seeker = 3
N = 3
Professor Sycamore = 2
Pokemon Fan Club = 1
Professor's Letter = 2
Switch = 1
Skyla = 1
Teammates = 1

Energy = 14

Double Colorless Energy = 4
Mystery Energy = 4
Psychic Energy = 4

Well the strategy goes like this -

All you need to do is. Get your opponent Poisoned, with Corbat and next turn with Toxicroak EX. And let virbank do the rest of the things. While Sigilyph will work as a wall. So no pokemon EX can attack it. While Mewtwo EX is one of the best comeback Pokemon, which can be searched with Teammates with a Double colourless energy is superb. Dragalge is used so that your opponent can't retreat. Main Counters of this deck are --> Keldeo EX with a combo of float stone, Virizon EX, and Espeon(Solar Revelations) from Dark Explorers ad Sparkling Robe. For Sparkling robe and Float stone, we got tool scrapper and Startling Megaphone. For Virizon EX, you need to OHKO it first with Mewtwo EX, no other Option and same for espeon, we still have 2 hypnotix lasers :D Which will work yet :D So not a  big problem. But still better KO it.

Colress is used to get a good draw even though after Crobats are set up, we won't have much problem drawing cards. Computer Search has been the best ace spec and works here as well. Virbank to add more Poison Counters while also an item to discard other's stadium. Other cards are staples. Not much explanation needed I guess.

All you need to do is poison, set up crobats, poison with them and draw cards. And your deck is set.

Another note mystery energy is crucial for this deck to get free retreat, so its good to have 4 !

Original Versions of the deck by - 86pikachu86, Dblchun, Shuvo_1, cynodondactlyon

Improvements by -->Azimuthal_ , Felidae_ , edgeman17, PokemasterTz, fr33land, ArtichokeCat, hartal and any others who contributed and I forgot :D (I forgot myself LOL)

Edited by harshu

Hey, harshu, allow me the liberty of posting a shiftry list.

"Forest of Fans" (Yes, the name needs improvement.)

Pokemon:

4-4-4 Shiftry

4 Shaymin EX

4 Unown

Trainers:

4 Forest of Giant Plants

4 De-Evolution Spray

4 Super Scoop Up

1 Scoop Up Cyclone

1 Battle Compressor

2 Professor Sycamore

4 Recycle

4 Arco Bike

4 Bicycle

4 Level Ball

4 Trainers Mail

4 Ultra Ball

Strategy: Set up as many shiftry's as you can, you're opponent runs out of Pokemon, and you win. This is enhanced by Forest of Giant Plants, where you get turn 1 Shiftry, de evolution spray, and yes, you can evolve shiftry after you use de evolution spray with Forest of giant plants in play, super scoop up, scoop up cyclone, recycle to get those cards back, and a whole lot of draw support and search engines. The idea is to win turn one.

Edited by pokemasterTz

Added it :D @ PokemasterTz, any comments on the poison deck ? :D

Hmnn... It looks good, but do you have a Virizion ex counter? Keldeo ex with float stone is bad as well.

Added it :D @ PokemasterTz, any comments on the poison deck ? :D

Hmnn.... You need a Virizion ex counter. Also, remember n isn't going to be standard legal anymore. Might want to up the bats line as well. Looks good though, hope you can finalize it soon! Oh, btw, I won't be available to help with the deck the next few days. And it's Forest of fans, not fans of Forest! Edited by pokemasterTz