TPCi_Samhayne

Red Cards or Cards Not Displaying? Check here!

Wolfman_11

I understand Sisee's frustration, but I feel a barrage of reports won't get answered for a long time. I have posted reports and it takes quite a long time to get a response, and even longer to get an adequate solution.

I believe that this Game bug report thread is where people can report similar issues so the developers don't have to search through every ticket submitted.

The game has not worked properly for many people since the 2.27 came out. I have tried different machines with the same results so I am confident that it is not my equipment. I just tried a tournament for something to do and that is when my cards went blue. I reported it here so they know the game is still broken.

Its no big deal in the long run. Its only a game so I will wait it out.  I'm sure that the game will get fixed quicker If people stop spending real money to play a broken game, not by complaining. Just like Sisee said, if we can't use the cards there is no need to buy them.

Sisee

I understand Sisee's frustration, but I feel a barrage of reports won't get answered for a long time. I have posted reports and it takes quite a long time to get a response, and even longer to get an adequate solution.

I believe that this Game bug report thread is where people can report similar issues so the developers don't have to search through every ticket submitted.

The game has not worked properly for many people since the 2.27 came out. I have tried different machines with the same results so I am confident that it is not my equipment. I just tried a tournament for something to do and that is when my cards went blue. I reported it here so they know the game is still broken.

Its no big deal in the long run. Its only a game so I will wait it out.  I'm sure that the game will get fixed quicker If people stop spending real money to play a broken game, not by complaining. Just like Sisee said, if we can't use the cards there is no need to buy them.

It isn't a big deal, as I have a plethora of other activities to amuse myself wit, and have been for the last 2 months.

But, it's easy for those responsible to just ignore this thread.

And by the responses and updates given, it appears they are.

Weather they are reading the feedback here or not, they aren't telling us, the customer, whats going on.

I'm not saying that a barrage of complaints or rants will do anything. But, rather than there being a solitary thread dedicated to this, maybe if they had a little 'persuasion' from other sources via other means the severity of this issue will be noticed and some progress towards fixing it will be made.

I'm not expecting anyone at the Pokemon Company to reply to each and every message regarding this issue.

But, sitting by silently waiting for someone to notice it is just going to be ignored.

This kind of thing has happened countless times in the past with many different developers.

It's only when the fans rally together and make a loud singular sound that anyone notices.

I'm not here to start a revolution against bad development of video games.

I'm just trying to encourage other inconvenienced customers to make a joined effort in making the developed take notice and make fixing this bug a priority.

My iOS version of the game has had at least 1 update since this issue started. So, they're still working on the game. But, the update didn't resolve this devastating bug.

And a fresh install on multiple platforms on several devices yields the same issue.

In my opinion I don't see the point in them updating this title with new features if the game itself is unplayable, those features will never be used.

Currently I don't have it installed on my iPad, as I don't see any reason it should be sitting there taking up a large portion of my limited storage space.

The only reason I haven't completely removed it from my Mac is because storage space on that machine isn't an issue.

The final storage footprint of this app is massive. So, why should I have it occupying that space, when I could be using it to enjoy other, non-broken apps?

People, I'm not a revolutionary.

And I don't encourage anyone to be.

Just show the developers your desire for this to be fixed.

Regardless of the fact it is a free download, any product supplied to the general public is covered by the same laws and standards, weather money is exchanged or not.

As a consumer, you're all entitled to a product that fulfils it's description at point of sale.

As of February, this product does not fulfil that commitment.

Almost all of the proposed functionality in the iOS app store, or the download page for the PC/Mac version is null and void due tot his issue.

Don't feel like you're being a pain in complaining.

I was a complaints agent in a previous career.

I relied on people complaining to me so I could fix problems.

If you don't say anything, your concerns will be ignored.

ringulomis

if you can mannage to make the un displayed cards display simple text when it has a problem it would at least make the game playable because i dont get "red cards" my cards retain their color but nothing else i have not tried the solutions yet but i am about to i just thought making a suggestion for a solution might help and this problem is not limited to any specific cards i have had problems with every card i have and sometimes they will b loaded and then gets replaced by a discription and a loading bar so there was an attempt twords this suggestion but ive seen plenty of things that have simmilar issues from diffrent companies but they had this solution for it n it worked fine...i realize i have horrable spelling grammer and punctuation DONT JUDGE IM JUST NOT TRYING thank you

Edited by ringulomis
  • Upvote 1

Skator

After several weeks, still no progress.

The game itself is a bug. And no one is fixing it.

Oh boy, i would like that the Pokémon Company hired another programmers to make the game. The way that it is now is just unnaceptable.

Aniketdianafury

Oh no my game is continuosly disconnecting from server and cache size decrease automatically . When will you provide us support dev_team , for god sake please help us . 

Mod_Snow

Hey everyone!

The development team have discovered a couple of issues that may be causing these graphics issues to appear. While they continue to investigate, please make sure that you have tried the following:

• Updating your graphics card
  • Forcing full screen with Alt + Enter
  • Clearing your card cache via the Options menu
  • Downloading all cards via the Options menu

We'll try to keep everyone updated if we run across any additional solutions to try or have any more useful information.

Thanks for your patience during this time!

Wolfman_11

Just reporting in, my experience...

My OS and drivers are the latest available.

I can't upgrade my video card so that option is out.

The alt + enter thing worked a couple times for me. It's strange how the game will run windowed even with the box unchecked.

Re-downloading caused some cards to appear, but others that worked before now don't.

I do not have fibre optic internet. I would like to be able to download a compressed file of the entire cache, with a md5 number so I know I am starting with a good files. In the event of a failure I could just delete the cache and unzip the files back into place instead of waiting all day for the cache to reload through the game.

Stratadrake

The game itself is a bug. And no one is fixing it.

Real life doesn't work that way.  If it was easy to fix then it would already be fixed by now.  So the fact that it's not, suggests that it the problem is actually not as simple as it appears on the surface.  Yeah, it did become a suddenly widespread problem after one specific update, but any given update may change hundreds of (mostly invisible-to-the-end-user) things, and trying to figure out which one(s) might have triggered it can be virtually impossible.

Of course, it could also be that the team assigned to it has stalled out after investigating everything they know about it, and until they get that one "eureka" clue that blows the whole case wide open, they do have more important things to be working on.

Skator

After this latest update the cards just doesn't appear anymore.

It's so, but so easy to fix the problem that i don't know why this wasn't done yet.

Just give us ALL the card images to download, and please, PLEASE don't use this non-functional thing of cache images!!! Oh my god! Just having all the images on our disposal would resolve all this issues.

Now i want to know why they can't do this??

Wolfman_11

If a file is already downloaded and works one day but not the next. I can't imagine that the image is bad. While looking into my cache situation, I noticed that they are in a folder called Unity, and Webplayer.

I Googled Unity web player and got this.

Unity is a flexible and powerful development platform for creating multiplatform 3D and 2D games and interactive experiences

Looking further into this I found that many games are using this Unity platform. When looking at issues that people have with other games not working they are given the same answer "clear the cache".

On the Unity webplayer page it says.

Some Unity games will make loading times shorter by caching data on your hard disk. This is a list of what is cached on your hard disk right now.

So I am getting the feeling that the problem is not the actual game since it is still playable as long as you can guess what cards you are using :P

I suspect that the trouble is with this Unity thing since other people using different games are experiencing the same failure to load images.

The testing continues....

NeroSignature

Didn't work sir, it just went same as before....

.direwolfdigital.cake.data.achievements.quests.special.FieryFlamesSpecialquest.Description

Mod_Poplar

Hey there Trainers!

As that is a different known bug and this thread hasn't received any other replies for quite a long time, I'll be closing it. If anyone else continues to experience this issue, please let us know in a new thread or by submitting a support ticket (link in my signature).

Thanks for your understanding! :)