TPCi_Samhayne

Red Cards or Cards Not Displaying? Check here!

Stratadrake

I ran into the dreaded Red Cards Of Death just yesterday. Haven't yet checked to see if it's persisted.

Wouldnt it be safe to assume that if the game fails to download a card image (thus resulting in the red card) it shouldn't store that in the cache at all? It should try again next login session.

Edited by Stratadrake

Cheery-Dog

It didn't work for me. My cards are still becoming red part way through a trainer challenge.

I guess I didn't really expect it to since I've had no problems with Vs, but consistently at least half my cards fail to load which each new theme deck I take through the trainer challenge.

Edited by Cheery-Dog

Stratadrake

Well, the Red Cards Of Death definitely persist between logins. I just opened a Flashfire pack, and ... four red cards.

Joy.

Edited by Stratadrake

DrJaMiN

Well, I finally found the files to delete, and it worked... for about 2 minutes. Then cards that had loaded up just fine, turned red all over again. It's also affecting significantly more cards than last time.

Edited by DrJaMiN

Stratadrake

Well, I just opened 6 Primal Clash packs today and every one of them contained at least four red cards. (In more than one case the Rare card of the pack was also redcarded.)

Edited by Stratadrake

Gatzzby

Report this! It's doesn't work! :(

Edited by Gatzzby
  • Upvote 1

juani_gamer

Yesterday, I updated my game and i can´t see my cards, also there are red cards

Edited by juani_gamer
  • Upvote 1

Oaxabo

The same here, and the solution of delete cache don't work

Edited by Oaxabo
  • Upvote 1

oOJosephOo

please

and try it many times

and it did not work.

Edited by oOJosephOo

JimBobIII

Frankly this sounds like an issue with the server itself, not the game client. All clearing the cache will do is remove card images, including the broken ones; while it's a solution to clear out the 'bad' cards, it also clears the 'good' ones and forces you to download it all again, without any guarantee of a higher success rate.

With the cache size being as ridiculous as it is, there ought to be a server dedicated to serving up card images, and an option to download them all as a bundled set during installation, but to be honest this whole operation's felt like a freshman design project since day one, rather than an actual attempt to create a lightweight and modular client. But hey, at least it's not all Flash anymore, huh? Although I'm not sure Unity should've been the tool of choice either...

Edited by JimBobIII

Stratadrake
JimBobIII, on 24 Feb 2015 - 6:02 PM, said:

Frankly this sounds like an issue with the server itself, not the game client. All clearing the cache will do is remove card images, including the broken ones; while it's a solution to clear out the 'bad' cards, it also clears the 'good' ones and forces you to download it all again, without any guarantee of a higher success rate.

It's a little bit of both. The image server is at fault for not properly sending the images over, while the client is at fault for caching the red-card images (which is why they persist so).

I'd clear my own cache directory, except for the aforementioned problem that simply giving it a wholesale wipe means losing all the card images that DID cache properly. I would rather just delete the ones that didn't, if I could only identify which ones they are....

Wait, I've got a technical question now. I checked the Unity cache directory and while there's a really huge list of subdirectories (no doubt containing cached info), I notice that many of these directories are empty. Is it safe to presume those might be related to the red cards and I can just delete them only?

Edited by Stratadrake

Rafkill44

Will there be any response of the mods or the tech support? I love the game and i wanna keep playing it, but this bugs makes it unplayable, it just happened after the latest update before it the game was perfect, why couldn't they just give us the option of playing the 2.26 patch, while they fix this bug? Because at least in this thread we are not having any kind of support so it seems they are gonna take some time fixing it, i really wanna play the game :'(

Edited by Rafkill44
  • Upvote 1

juani_gamer
It worked for me as well, but I can not see my cards on collection or versus Edited by juani_gamer

Mod_Snow

Hey there!

The dev team is investigating this issue further. We just want to confirm that players experiencing this issue have tried both methods of resolution:

If you continue to experiencing issues after trying these methods as well as a fresh install, keep posting! Let us know if you run into any error messages or if something particular rendered some results for you.

Thanks everyone for your patience and your help while we look into this issue. Stay cool!

orangegate27

Yes, both have been done multiple times. Roommate is having the same issues on his Windows 8 PC and Ipad.

Edited by orangegate27

Mintin

All efforts were unsuccesful.

Edited by Mintin

DrJaMiN

I just logged in a few minutes ago and many of the red cards attempted to reload on their own. Many succeeded, whilst others failed. I then exited and entered the game a few more times, until each card loaded properly. For now it seems the problem is no longer occurring for my account.

Edited by DrJaMiN

Soonpower

Still can't even after trying both methods.

Edited by Soonpower

ShadooTH

Personally I don't see why they can't just include the card images within the installation itself and store the images in some folder. Like, you know, an ACTUAL video game. Not once in the history of anything has caching images or textures instead of saving them to the game's files itself actually worked (Look at Dungeon Defenders Eternity for another example of how NOT to save space with unity), and this is why. I'm willing to spend a gb of harddrive space for pictures just so I never have these ridiculous loading issues.

EDIT: reworded a dangus

Edited by ShadooTH
  • Upvote 1

Stratadrake

I'm willing to spend a gb of pictures just so I never have these ridiculous loading issues.

While many of us are not willing to wait hours for gigabytes of hundreds of cards to download.

Edited by Stratadrake

Rafkill44

While many of us are not willing to wait hours for gigabytes of hundreds of cards to download.

While most of us are willing to download all that just to play the game because otherwise its just unplayable

Edited by Rafkill44
  • Upvote 1

ecchs

after deleting the folders/caches and it still not working. even those blue cards i owned, some of them are blank......kinda frustrating to play if i can't even read what i'm using/playing......

Edited by ecchs
  • Upvote 1

Stratadrake
Rafkill44, on 27 Feb 2015 - 5:31 PM, said:

While most of us are willing to download all that just to play the game because otherwise its just unplayable

"Most"? Pshaw, I see no statistics to back up such a claim, you only speak for yourself. :P

On a sidenote, if this were a retail game that comes on disc then the tons of images wouldn't be so much of a problem because they'd be supplied on the game disc.

Edited by Stratadrake
  • Downvote 1

Rafkill44

"Most"? Pshaw, I see no statistics to back up such a claim, you only speak for yourself.

Well, i didn't bring the idea to the topic and yet you're the only one who have said that wouldn't like it i think it would be better if they implement an option to download them if you want 'cause i said, otherwise it's unplayable

Edited by Rafkill44

brenonaki

Hello, my game was normal and suddenly all my letters disappear and become red. and not back to normal. I have done

I noticed the game

uninstalled

I wiped Cache

Downloaded again

installed

And nothing ... The letters were all red has no way to play

What can I do?

Edited by brenonaki