Just A Reminder (public offers)...please read

zekrom311

there still seems to be alot of dishonest players of TCGO that are hoping to get lucky in finding someone (a newbie) who will accept one of their "free card" offers. Usually consisting of Reshiram, Zekrom, or some other prime or rare card. please, please, please remember the card that is on the RIGHT hand side is the card that YOU will be giving to them if you hit the "accept" button...GIVING doesnt mean they are giving to you, but again YOU to THEM. my personal rule of thumb would be to not even waste your time looking at trade offers in the public forum that dont even have cards that dont appear on the LEFT side of the trade. remember theres no such thing as a free lunch,...or in this case a free RESHIRAM. happy gaming. :)

Yeah. I've still been seeing a lot of this. Personally, if you're newer to the TCGO, I think you should avoid trades that don't have cards on each side. Just an idea.

I read this just a little too late for my son. He gave up his only Reshiram to one of these scammers.

I told him that unless it is a trade directed athim not to even look it at.

Please submit a ticket to the support portal if you have an issue with another player!

**edited by Prof_Leaf

The Support Team will investigate the issue and take account action as necessary. Thank you for helping out, TeacherG!

-Prof_Leaf

How do we report scamers? I really hate these people posting "free Gengar Prime" in the trade forum and having it set to offer. I want to see these people banned. They are probably the same type of player that goes afk during their turn right before you are about to win.

Hi!

If you suspect some foul play, please submit a ticket to support.pokemon.com[/b]<span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 128); ] (don't forget to sign in!) and provide all the information that you can, screenshots help a lot as well!

Prof. Snow

Parasol Lady

"I'm like a hunter of peace. One who chases the elusive mayfly of love... or something like that."

- Vash the Stampede

If you only very simply change the text on the trading screen this would have been less of an issue.

XXX is giving to YOU

YOU are giving to XXX

how difficult can it be?

If you only very simply change the text on the trading screen this would have been less of an issue.

XXX is giving to YOU

YOU are giving to XXX

how difficult can it be?

I agree. I also think it should be impossible to leave the offer side blank.

Okay so I go to the webpage linked in your response and I don't see an easy way to report the scammers. I assume I use the "request support" tab at the top but then do I go to "ask a question" or "Contact us" ?

When I go to "contact us" there is the email to help with account issues (which btw no one has responded to my emails for my daughters account not activating) or Prodhelp@pokemon.com which seems to relate more to the retail products.

So when I click on "ask a question" after I pick the department TCG online, do I use feedback or deckbuilder? I am assuming Feedback. Now I can say I am reporting a scammer but there is no way to attach a screen shot.

Is there an email address to use to just send the info and the screen shot?

The same people scamming are still there days later and they have added more of the same scammy trade requests. Aside from ripping new comers to the trading page they fill the trade lists with useless spam making it harder to find legit trades.

Yes it's the ask a question using feedback. You can attach pictures, it's below the message, you may have to click, "my answer is not here."

• 3 months later...

Too late for me, i gave up a free card just because i still don't fully understand how every command works. Submitting without asking in exchange im public trade, should be disabled.

Archived