AleNonsense

Older sleeve and deckbox

AleNonsense

Hello Devs team & trainers,

Recently I've seen many people requesting to bring back to the Trainer Store older packs or theme decks and even if it could be interesting, I understand that this is probably out of your plans.

Instead I'd like to see again older games stuff (e.g. Genesect, Garchomp, Eevee & Pikachu sleeve and deckbox; nothing against Gems stuff, too) for sale: in my opinion it wouldn't mess with the game in any negative way; on the contrary it meets the desires of many players about having more variety of purchasable items in the shop.

That's all for now!

Edited by AleNonsense
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Mod_Poplar

Hi AleNonsense!

I'd love to see these items back in the Shop too. :) I'll pass your feedback along to the Dev team and leave your thread open for discussion in the meantime.

As always, we appreciate your input!

Mefftu

Very good point AleNonsense. :)

I strongly support your idea on this feedback thread as I missed out on three of the old four deckboxes and sleeves as I did not wanted to spend tokens at that time for gameplay items thinking the shop will just grow instead of being replaced with other theme deckboxes and sleeves.

• Upvote 2

sterlingW

Although they are consider as rare and should not come back.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

AleNonsense

Although they are consider as rare and should not come back.

Token ones don't own any value because they aren't tradable: there wouldn't be any change in the actual economy if they come back. Edited by AleNonsense
  • Downvote 1

xOnionx

I like the idea of some sleeves being limited, meaning you have to play and purchase them within a window or you miss out. As long as people know of the window, it would end up being a cool way to show tenure.

Edited by xOnionx
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Mefftu
xOnionx, on 28 Jan 2015 - 04:40 AM, said:

I like the idea of some sleeves being limited, meaning you have to play and purchase them within a window or you miss out. As long as people know of the window, it would end up being a cool way to show tenure.

And this 'window' wasn't given nor said anywhere back in time for the shop things. They were just replaced with one update and that's it at all.

Only once an ending of something was announced: the exactly date when they removed the booster credits for codecards prior to BC-codecards (BC-codecards where the first that only gave BC-packs) - meaning you could have choose your own pack of your choice with every available codecard instead being given the set from where the codecard came from.

This feature PTCGO said in big messages everywhere in the forum - the sunset of credits it was called. This was really good - but not the part for the gameplay items or that some modified themedecks weren't available anymore another time - which still is weird.

Edited by Mefftu

AleNonsense
May I ask you why?

I can easly imagine why people (expecially older PTCGO players) don't have any pleasure to see pre BW booster packs coming back to the Trainer Store.

If that would happen, some of the rarest cards in the game will lose great part of their value due to the possibility of getting them without any need of trading. Yeah, they will be trade locked, but for someone who just desire to expand his/her collection this won't make any difference at all.

Anyway I could understand that if you have spent your time and your resources in the attempt of collecting the rarest cards of the whole game you don't wanna see a drop in their value. It's reasonable.

On the other hand older sleeve and deckbox are trade locked. They was purchasable with tokens, and own them or not is for the great part a question of time: it depends on the date a guy has joined the game, and in my opinion this isn't a great merit.

Besides, as I already said in my previous post, there wouldn't be any change in their actual value: they are trade locked and without any value.

Then if you aren't a collector it wouldn't make any difference for you to see them again in the Store.

And if you are a collector your goal should be (in my opinion) collecting all the stuff you are interested in, and not taking some sort of pleasure because you own something that others don't own. As for me collecting is about your collection and not about other's one.

I don't wanna sound rude and I would be happy to ear a different explanation from you (if you have one), but at the moment it seems to me just a sort of selfish attitude, while the spirt of Pokémon in general is about being friendly and linking with other people.

Kind regards.

Edited by AleNonsense
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Cymantex

I'm very supportive of this idea as well!

I always buy everything new the shop provides just in case it would become unobtainable in the future. I made no exception for the Genesect, Eevee and Garchomp sleeve. Pikachu Sleeve was also given out for free during the Ipad release.

Even though I prepare for it I'm not a big fan of something being completely unobtainable for newer players just because of the date they joined. Especially when one of the games catchphrases is "Gotta catch 'em all!".

For the same reason I would also love to see the old theme decks; Power Relay, Basic Yellow, Basic Brown, Basic Red, Basic Green and Basic Blue as purchasable in the shop. All of which newers players missed out on because of the date they joined. Older players still having the benefit of gotten these decks for free.

I've always wanted to see HGSS packs come back into the game. Even now when I have at least a playset of each card in the sets.

Since compared to any BW packs these are completely unobtainable. Which is also imo not fair to new players.

If there were actually codes in HGSS packs I would have no problem with it.

Allowing players to at least buy locked packs in the shop wouldn't necessarily affect the value of HGSS cards a lot since it doesn't bring any new cards to the market.

Edited by Cymantex
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

TheDirty

I like this idea, if I would of known that the sleeves were a limited edition thing I would of spend the coins at the time to get them.

Edited by TheDirty
  • Upvote 1

AleNonsense
For the same reason I would also love to see the old theme decks; Power Relay, Basic Yellow, Basic Brown, Basic Red, Basic Green and Basic Blue as purchasable in the shop. All of which newers players missed out on because of the date they joined. Older players still having the benefit of gotten these decks for free.

I like the idea of older basic theme decks back to the Store as well.

Edited by AleNonsense
  • Downvote 1

TheTrainerBZ

I too would like to see these limited items back in the shop. I missed my chance to get them and its been bugging me ever since. I want to collect as many deck boxes and sleeves as I can and knowing that these are not tradable and no longer in the shop really breaks my heart.

Edited by TheTrainerBZ
  • Upvote 2

Voidmaster94

i personally would more like to get old themedecks and booster back because:

1. you need some of the old themedecks to do most of the trainer challenge archievements

2. its an trading card game, and beeing not possible to collect all cards on my own, but have to relay on other players' trading offers bugs me personally. i could live if they would cost more coins than, or (for the themedecks) that you have to achieve something to get them, but it should be at least possible.

Edited by Voidmaster94
  • Upvote 1

AleNonsense
I too would like to see these limited items back in the shop. I missed my chance to get them and its been bugging me ever since. I want to collect as many deck boxes and sleeves as I can and knowing that these are not tradable and no longer in the shop really breaks my heart.
Totally agree.

i personally would more like to get old themedecks and booster back because: 1. you need some of the old themedecks to do most of the trainer challenge archievements 2. its an trading card game, and beeing not possible to collect all cards on my own, but have to relay on other players' trading offers bugs me personally. i could live if they would cost more coins than, or (for the themedecks) that you have to achieve something to get them, but it should be at least possible.
Achievements are an interesting point: I would like to be able to complete them too!By the way I'm happy this suggestion is gaining some popoularity here; stay supportive! :) Edited by AleNonsense
  • Downvote 1

DrJaMiN

I'm fairly new, and would definitely like HGSS cards and discontinued theme decks to become more attainable. I understand they need to retain some measure of rarity for the sake of veteran players and newer ones who traded big for them (like me). If they were available for a high token cost, that could help satisfy those who missed out, while preventing veterans from becoming alienated.

Edited by DrJaMiN
  • Upvote 1

JamesPup

I think shop should have everything that you can buy in real life if this online game is suppose to be as real as possible. If tradable 10 card booster packs were there I would be so happy. I was lucky with getting the Genesect deck box and card sleeves. They were pulled like rate after I got them.

Edited by JamesPup
  • Upvote 1

SamuraiJoe

I am opposed to bringing them back.

Edited by SamuraiJoe
  • Downvote 2

shuvo_1

I like this idea :) we can Have the older sleeves if this happens, And that will be a very good Thing for all :)

Edited by shuvo_1
  • Upvote 1

tarif15

my opinion is that we do need the garchomp , genesect , eevee , pikachu sihouett sleeves and deck boxes back . also the old decks which are not obtainable anymore . the new players who are really serious about colletion dont have a chance to get them . AS for the gem sleeves and deck box like mewtwo , thundurus , victini and deoxys - they are really rare and valuable . people traded like crazy for them . i am also really crazy for them . i myself offer a lot for thundurus sleeves and deck box . but the idea of getting them back in the store is gonna really hurt the players who traded a lot for them . so the econoomy of the sleeves and deck box might decrease instead of increasing . so i say , BRING BACK THE OLD THEME DECKS AND SIHOUETT SLEEVES AND DECK BOX and dont bring back the mewtwo , thundurus , deoxys , victini sleeves and deck box . its just my opinion :) i think sharing opinion is llegal . but without any doubt old theme decks needs to get back in the game :) please reply to my opinion if you feel the same way :)

Edited by tarif15

tarif15
SamuraiJoe, on 14 Feb 2015 - 10:11 AM, said:

I am opposed to bringing them back.

i too oppose the fact of bringing back the mewtwo , victini , deoxys , thundurus sleeves and deck box :)

and for the new players who come in , BRAND NEW SLEEVES AND DECK BOXES should be intriduced such as the team aqua - magma , mega gengar , kanto starter mega , primal groudon and primal kyogre deckbox and sleeves . these greatly enhanced the attraction to the game as well as the BUNDLES in the trainer store during a set release . tokens should have more resources to be spent on . i agree to that fact . thats why newer sleeves and deck boxes should be introduced in the trainer store . as for the old cards rarity , they will go down heavily if the oold theme decks get back . so either way its a great thing to half the people in this game and its not such a good idea for the rest . and i am in the middle :P i totally oppose bringin back those 4 gem sleeves and deck boxes . but i do want the old theme decks so that i could complete the achievements . but that would also lessen the price of my old cards that i collected for 8 months :( so i am in a dillema . but i can bare the old card loss . so i hope the old theme decks get back :) again - just an OPINION :)

Edited by tarif15
  • Upvote 1

Mr-Smiley-007

I support bringing all deckboxy & sleeves back (including the Mewtwo, Victini, Thundurus, and Deoxys)! Every deserve a chance to get these beauties. I know I paid heavily for mine, but others could use them, too! Just because you find out about a game a bit too late should not mean they get left out.

Edited by Mr-Smiley-007
  • Upvote 2

azimuthal_

I support the idea of bringing back sleeves, deckbox, theme decks and other gameplay items .. which

• Players who joined the game during some months obtained ( for eg. power relay theme deck - now unobtainable )
  • Which were obtained for tokens and taken off the shelf.

All these should be made available in SHOP for tokens.

Its however a bit unfair that Sleeves / Deckboxes .. whose tradable copies are already available in the market .. and HS era boosters .. r being asked to be returned and given in masses.

The Dev team decided to distribute these copies for limited time only .. and then discontinued .. following which its natural that since demand is high . . and copies r so few .. price rose exponentially.

A lot many guys have invested much time in getting these stuff . .trading for them .. and i feel it'd be a big stomp on their efforts.

This has already happened with bw09 zoroark being released followed by Darkrai FA non-Ex and Giratina FA non-EX . . and then CoL holo artwork energies.

The argument is given that every player should have every card ... but if we map to the real world. . not everybody in real life can also have every card - can they ?

Releasing these for free would be like cheating to those who've spent much of their time after these priceless items.

If HS era packs make a comeback . .then they should be .. i believe in Gems .. with their pricing being much higher than standard packs .. so that it doesn't destroy the efforts put by people trying to have them and eventually succeeding after toiling hard.

Sleeves - deckboxes too ( mewtwo - deoxys - victini - thundy ) . . which have been phased out .. should not be returned online cuz people only need to have 1 copy of these sleeves and deckbox and then requirement is over.

Rarity now . . once estabilished .. should be maintained as in real life we have collector's item.

Collector's items signify in the word itself .. and not everybody can have them.

I know it may sound bad or a bit rude. . but plz see the logic and rationale behind my post.

You may or may not agree with me. Thanks for taking out the time and reading my post altogether though :)

Edited by azimuthal_
  • Upvote 3

Felidae_

^ As someone who doesn't own any of the expensive sleeves / deck boxes, I can support the post above to 100%.

Owning those precious relics from the past show your love for the game and your dedication. A FA Juniper will never draw more cards than a regular Juniper, a FA Mewtwo EX doesn't deal more damage than his regular counterpart and a rare deck box doesn't increase your chances to draw a particular card, and yet it it always fun to play against people who have a fully pimped out deck.

Edited by Felidae_

Helshi
I support bringing old items back too. Edited by Helshi

tarif15

I support the idea of bringing back sleeves, deckbox, theme decks and other gameplay items .. which

• Players who joined the game during some months obtained ( for eg. power relay theme deck - now unobtainable )
  • Which were obtained for tokens and taken off the shelf.
All these should be made available in SHOP for tokens.

Its however a bit unfair that Sleeves / Deckboxes .. whose tradable copies are already available in the market .. and HS era boosters .. r being asked to be returned and given in masses.

The Dev team decided to distribute these copies for limited time only .. and then discontinued .. following which its natural that since demand is high . . and copies r so few .. price rose exponentially.

A lot many guys have invested much time in getting these stuff . .trading for them .. and i feel it'd be a big stomp on their efforts.

This has already happened with bw09 zoroark being released followed by Darkrai FA non-Ex and Giratina FA non-EX . . and then CoL holo artwork energies.

The argument is given that every player should have every card ... but if we map to the real world. . not everybody in real life can also have every card - can they ?

Releasing these for free would be like cheating to those who've spent much of their time after these priceless items.

If HS era packs make a comeback . .then they should be .. i believe in Gems .. with their pricing being much higher than standard packs .. so that it doesn't destroy the efforts put by people trying to have them and eventually succeeding after toiling hard.

Sleeves - deckboxes too ( mewtwo - deoxys - victini - thundy ) . . which have been phased out .. should not be returned online cuz people only need to have 1 copy of these sleeves and deckbox and then requirement is over.

Rarity now . . once estabilished .. should be maintained as in real life we have collector's item.

Collector's items signify in the word itself .. and not everybody can have them.

I know it may sound bad or a bit rude. . but plz see the logic and rationale behind my post.

You may or may not agree with me. Thanks for taking out the time and reading my post altogether though :)

thanks for mentioning my words in details azi my friend . i was trying to say the same thing :D . collectors items should stay rare . not everyone can have those . people put tons of efforts on them . (just like i am putting efforts on getting thundurus sleeves and deck box for 3 months and a week now ) . so whoever wants to bring those items back , please reconsider on it and see the fact of those items being RARE . thanks for reading this :)

Edited by tarif15