Sign in to follow this  
DJAJ45

Pokemon Best Wishes!

DJAJ45

I want opinions on the new pokemon cartoon. Anybody like/dislike it, anything at all?

Prince_Ludwig

*anime

I dislike it since it undos all of the character development Ash received from Kanto to Sinnoh and reverts him back to a Kanto-like newb. And since Kanto itself is definitely not my favourite season... I don't like the change.

DJAJ45

That was spot on! finally somebody who agrees with me! thats true. he has gone back to being a rookie which, quite frankly i dont understand. why would they do that?

Hampsterboy

its really cool, the movie of it is coming out possibly this year or next, its called "victini and the dark/light hero"

Hampsterboy

it's a new region he's around unfamiliar pokemon so he doesn't know their strenghs and weaknesses!

dsk

I think (and corrrect me if I'm wrong) that they usually revert back to basics at the beginning of any new season/ region (depends sometimes) to introduce new potential fans to the franchise and make it easier to understand - imagine if you just tuned in and you saw Ash in midst f battle and had no idea what was going on or what it was about

trainer09051961

I agree

it's a new region he's around unfamiliar pokemon so he doesn't know their strenghs and weaknesses!

dsk

but this does not explain his sometimes poor type matchup even when tangible with the addition of the pokedex

Hampsterboy

the pokedex generally tells him how they behave in the wild not in battle

dsk

good point, but I'm sure the pokedex can expand on the generic entries, especially when it can show a view of the pokemon from most angles

dean7777

It was the same thing when he started the Johto and Unova travels. A pink rhyhorn

SlayerAbsol

I think it is unreasonable. Notice: When he goes to a new region, all the gyms are his level. He became weaker again. Every season I notice this! Then Pikachu learns volt tackle... Doesn't that move only come to the specaily bred ones? Wouldn't it have been there all along? I watch it for meowth and team rocket. Jessie is my favorite charater now. I still miss Misty pulling Brock's ear away from the nurse joys......

dsk

I think it is unreasonable. Notice: When he goes to a new region, all the gyms are his level. He became weaker again. Every season I notice this! Then Pikachu learns volt tackle... Doesn't that move only come to the specaily bred ones? Wouldn't it have been there all along? I watch it for meowth and team rocket. Jessie is my favorite charater now. I still miss Misty pulling Brock's ear away from the nurse joys......

I completely agree! Team Rocket make the anime! As for the Pikachu learning volt tackle it makes as much sense as a muchlax learning giga impact (which doesn't seem farfetched, but muchlax can't actully learn this attack and it was in the anime)

Prince_Ludwig

For the record, Ash wasn't an idiot at the start of Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh.

One doesn't just forget how to catch a Pokémon and then forget several times that electric attacks don't work on ground types.

Edit: Also Trip is a rip-off of Paul. <_<;

Milkshakes

I'm only watching the episodes where Scraggy/Scrafty appears. I can't wait til Ash's Scraggy evolves embarassed_smile.png

*anime

SAME THING LOL

Admin-Apollo

Guys, cmon I dont like where the anime is going, but seriously I thought the "older fans" would understand what the creators are trying to do, and I'm sorry If I offended anyone. If you're a kid watching television and you see pokemon, specially during a battle or discussion you would not understand the concept right away, so they make Ash a rookie, and they "reset" Pikachu. They are trying to appeal to the new generation. But in the end, love it or hate it. I don't like the anime, but I still watch it, makes me feel loyal to the franchise.

I don't get angry or frustrated when Ash makes a durp, I just laugh and die a little inside.

Prince_Ludwig

I obviously understand wot they're trying to do, but I still don't like it.

Admin-Apollo

Same here.

Moneymantoo

i liked old pokemon alot im not sayin all the other sesions are bad but old pokemon is hillarious

Moneymantoo

i like when ash misty and brock are together its hillarious

Prince_Ludwig

Same here.

It also makes some weird assumption that the viewers of the Sinnoh season suddenly stop watching when Black and White come around, and that suddenly, a lot of new viewers take their place the moment the new season starts.

Guest mochiShaymin

I love Diamond and Pearl and I cannot wait until X and Y is available on Pokemon TV!

kdoll154

[Content removed - spamming is not permitted. -Prof. Poplar]

Edited by Prof_Poplar
Spamming is not permitted.

Mod_Poplar

Hello trainers!

Wow, this thread is old! As a reminder, posting in threads that have been inactive for more than 14 days is not permitted, as it can cause confusion and disorganization within the forums. Please refrain from doing so in the future.

I'll be closing this thread now. Thanks for your understanding!