Sign in to follow this  
SoXrCoL

Suggestion - Card Crafting system

SoXrCoL

Right now, obtaining cards for decks can be expensive. Some older EX's are worth many many boosters and are almost unobtainable to people trying to play without spending lots on boosters. Some of these cards are being hoarded and flipped and which increases the price even further.

PTCGO needs a crafting system, or some first party way of obtaining cards. A system that makes cards for decks obtainable for players who can't spend as much money as others.

More obtainable cards means more variety in ranked which means better practice for competitive players and more entertainment for casual players.

What I suggest is, the ability to turn cards/packs into some sort of universal currency that can not only be traded to other players, but used to create cards or other packs. These cards could be untradeable/lowest rarity to add incentive for the traders and people who want to bling out their deck, as well as keeping vanity cards expensive.

This is a similar system to how Hearthstone runs their game, and it seems to be a well working strategy.

Thoughts? Ideas? I'm tired of having my friends be unable to play because of lack of funds. I'd love to see more variety of decks in ranked other than the few inexpensive decks (night march)

• Upvote 1

Calipos

I think this is a good idea. I've heard about the thing with Hearthstone. I believe it is called "dusting" but I do not remember the specifics of it (heard it from a friend).

Edited by Calipos

Adamsville

Sounds good to me. Hopefully the devs will look into this really soon

Mod_Alder

I will forward your suggestion to the development team.

Stratadrake

How might this kind of system work in Pokemon TCGO again?  I'm researching the HS crafting system as I post this, and it seems to be just:

- Convert excess cards into 'dust'

- Use quantities of dust to create new cards

- Limited types/sets of cards that can be created using this system (but, otherwise, you can create any card in the set that you want)

So . . . in a way, it's similar to the idea of being able to refund excess cards for TCGO Tokens (then in turn using those tokens to get more cards), but with the ability to control (to some degree) the cards you ultimately get out of it?

Also, seems HS doesn't have an ability to trade cards with other players, which is part of the reason a crafting system works there.  But trading is an integral part of the Pokemon scene....

Here's a random idea:  a card lottery:  Select any 10 locked cards from your collection and you can trade them for a 5-card pack from any set available.  A few caveats:

- The 2:1 ratio is actually important -- you're basically "paying" 5 cards for the ability to swap out 5 other cards for a pack of 5 new cards.

- The pack you get is also trade-locked.

Edited by Stratadrake
  • Upvote 1

Th3-S

This is an old thread but I think why not? There's the crafting vs trading problem but why not just limit the created cards  into trade locked cards? Trade locked cards are pretty  "worthless" anyways and getting duplicates higher than 4 (1 for Prism Cards for example) is pretty pointless.  I guess I'm just getting tired of trading multiple booster packs just for a single in demand card, where the value can change at any moment, which is obviously not fun.

Mod_GuruLot
3 hours ago, Th3-S said:

This is an old thread but I think why not? There's the crafting vs trading problem but why not just limit the created cards  into trade locked cards? Trade locked cards are pretty  "worthless" anyways and getting duplicates higher than 4 (1 for Prism Cards for example) is pretty pointless.  I guess I'm just getting tired of trading multiple booster packs just for a single in demand card, where the value can change at any moment, which is obviously not fun.

Hello @Th3-S

I would suggest starting a new topic about this if you don't mind. Thank you for your understanding.