Cannot Connect To Server

SageofSong

For a While, Whenever I've opened the PTCGO, I've had an error message appear immediately when I open the program saying "Error: Cannot connect to server" I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program multiple times, but that message never disappears. Please help!

Hi there,

If you use a router and you start experiencing issues you may need to configure the outbound ports to allow the game to connect correctly. The following ports need outbound forwarding:

-5222 (Chat)

If you use a router that is separate from your modem, you can try bypassing the router and connecting your computer directly to your modem. If your modem is also your router, then you may have to check the ports by connecting to your modem.

If you do not know how to open ports for your router or modem, please use your favourite search engine to look for "Name of Modem / Router port forwarding".

Remove possible conflicts:

-Shut down unnecessary 3rd party software.

-We do not recommend that you turn off firewall or anti-virus software; however, please note that Avast Anti-Virus Software has been known to  interfere with Unity, which is the engine that TCGO is run on.

-Applications known to cause connection issues with some games include VOIP software like SKYPE, Download Accelerators, and P2P Software such as Torrent downloading utilities.

Hope it helps!

Hi SageofSong,

If you have access to all software on your computer, ensure that your Firewall (this includes Windows Firewall which is included with Windows) and / or your Anti-Virus Software has exceptions for TCGO. This includes the following files:

Pokemon Trading Card Game Online.exe
Refresher.exe

It could be that TCGO got added to a block list in one of the above programs.

Archived