dra0203

sleeves availability and price?

dra0203

Hello guys..is anyone kind enough to tell me what are the sleeves available in tcgo right now? Also can I please have the price list of these sleeves. Thank you very much =)

• Downvote 1

Mefftu

If 'right now' means you can get them on your own currently we have only a small number of sleeves.

1. sleeves from the shop for tokens - Fennekin 1, Froakie 1, Chespin 1
2. sleeves from ‚Gamestop’ for every order in December – Mega Charizard X and Y, Mega Blastoise, Mega Venusaur
3. sleeves from the shop for gems (Canada) - Xerneas 1, Yveltal 1

So they have a different value as you can see:
1. Obviously they aren't tradable and have no value.
2. A lot of people bought stuff there and they got them basically for free on top as a special gift this month - hence the sleeve value isn't that high - around 2-3 packs.
3. These are the most expensive ones. They can only brought into the game from persons that stay and play the game in Canada. The shop sells one sleeve for 6 Dollar. If you calculate how many codecards players can get for the same amount you have a value for them - about 20-30 packs or about 0.20-0.30 Cents a codecard / pack. This depends on the value range how many codecards you may get now if you would buy from somewhere else instead for 6 Dollar.

There are more sleeves but they are from old codecards and / or not more available (like wheel bonus sleeves or earlier sleeves from the shop).

Edited by Mefftu
  • Upvote 1

SamuraiJoe

Thanks for the info.  Do you know if Xerneas 2, Xerneas 3, Yveltal 2, or Yveltal 3 sleeves/deckboxes even exist?

Mefftu

Thanks for the info.  Do you know if Xerneas 2, Xerneas 3, Yveltal 2, or Yveltal 3 sleeves/deckboxes even exist?

Up to now they aren't released. But I assume they will become obtainable via specific codecards from whatever thing (maybe League Challenge, other promo codecards from real life events) and the No. 1 sleeves will be kept in the shop.

Edited by Mefftu

Mefftu

Complete list of all obtainable sleeves that one can have at current state

[table] Name:obtainable via:Value rangeDeoxysgems - no more obtainable100+Mewtwogems - no more obtainable100+Thundurusgems - no more obtainable100+ Victinigems - no more obtainable100+Xerneas 1gems - available23-35Yveltal 1gems - available23-35Druddigongems / tokens - no more obtainable25-30Mega BlastoiseGamestop gift December 201416-18Mega Charizard YGamestop gift December 201416-18Mega Charizard XGamestop gift December 201415-17Mega VenusaurGamestop gift December 201415-17Worlds 2014 (blue with black border)codecard - worlds participants12-15White/Light Blue Checkeredcodecard - PAX7-9Energy Grid / Blackmystery box - no more obtainable4Worlds 2014 (red border)codecard - WCH deck2Worlds 2013codecard - WCH deck2Chespin 2newsletter signing2Fennekin 2newsletter signing2Froakie 2newsletter signing2Mega Gengarnewsletter signing2GroudonPrimal Clash Elite Trainer Box1.5-2HoopaAncient Origin Elite Trainer Box1.5-2KyogrePrimal Clash Elite Trainer Box1.5-2RayquazaRoaring Skies Elite Trainer Box1.5-2Beta Rewardsbeta-testing gift1Team AquaMagma vs Aqua tournaments0.5Team MagmaMagma vs Aqua tournaments0.5Eeveetokens - availablexFlareontokens - availablexGarchomptokens - availablexLeafeontokens - availablexPikachutokens - availablexChespin 1tokens - no more obtainablexFennekin 1tokens - no more obtainablexFroakie 1 tokens - no more obtainablexGenesecttokens - no more obtainablex[/table] Edited by Mefftu
  • Upvote 14

DesDaddy

Mefftu, you're a Top Cut kind of guy, well done bro :).  Way to go above and beyond! xD

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

DesDaddy

Mefftu, you're a Top Cut kind of guy, well done bro :).  Way to go above and beyond! xD

Hi Mike (or any other Mod),

Can you please check who gave my above post (that I quoted here) a thumbs down?  I'm all about positive community and spirit of Pokemon and making things better (and I like plays on words :) - maybe people aren't familiar with the actual definition of "Top Cut").  Anyways, negative things like this need to be noticed so I'm posting here to bring it to your attention, so now that you know you will be able to see who it is, thanks.

Thanks again very much,

DesDaddy

Edited by DesDaddy
  • Downvote 8

sipes1946

thank you for the sleeve info (and the speculative pricing)  :)

that other stuff is some serious orwellian 1984 / gestapo type stuff...pretty scary

Edited by sipes1946
  • Downvote 2

DesDaddy

thank you for the sleeve info (and the speculative pricing)  :)

that other stuff is some serious orwellian 1984 / gestapo type stuff...pretty scary

Hey friend, dont see you in game any more :(, hope all is well and you get some good family time in this holiday season! :)

Haha yeah (re: orwellian/gestapo), lol.  The good thing is I know the short list of names of who has been on in the last 45 minutes thanks to community index xD.  I just don't understand how people can be so shallow and petty :(, it's a children's card game after all and I'm just trying to be positive and help others, and in this case I was very happy (like you) to see the great work Mefftu did in making that info for all of us, the community.  So, I make a super positive post thanking him for that and then it gets 2 thumbs down, LOL, so clearly the issue is not with me, but 2 other people :(.

Anyways sipes, I do hope all is well.  All the best my friend, thanks for making me smile with the fun post you did :) (I'm glad I'm not alone in making fun posts :) ), 

• Upvote 1

pokemanz88

does anyone have any of the gamestop sleeves or the chespin 2 or froakie 2 sleeves

Pr3

Thanks for the information about the sleeves Mefftu! I'm actually looking for Victini Sleeves, so if anyone has it for trade I'd be willing to offer 80+ packs for it. Please message me. Thanks!

dra0203

Thanks a lot mefftu. Glad to have you in the forum to solve our questions. =)

Cymantex

Great job Mefftu!  :)

Adding to the list; Froakie 2, Chespin 2 and Fennekin 2 sleeves also came from the newsletter.

Mefftu

Great job Mefftu!  :)

Adding to the list; Froakie 2, Chespin 2 and Fennekin 2 sleeves also came from the newsletter.

The list is now updated.

Thanks for the missing piece of this puzzle Cymantex.

graywh

does anyone have any of the gamestop sleeves or the chespin 2 or froakie 2 sleeves

I've got a Froakie 2 sleeve.

pokemanz88

tag them please

dra0203

May I know why the price of 2014 black border is so cheap now? I though world items always cost a lot? :)

Mefftu

The 'red version' is the cheap sleeve. They come with decks you can buy in stores so everyone has access to them.

The 'black border' indicates the 'real' worlds participants sleeves, only they are limited and much more expensive.

If you say that around 10 is cheap, well then it is cheap. And then we have the reason that both kind of 2014 sleeves almost look identical (only another coloured border and the blue and red theme on the top and bottom of the sleeves are changed between them).

dra0203

Alrite..thx mefftu..because last time I bought 2013 with almost 100packs. Juz wondering it worth 10 because it will get reprinted version like 2013. But your explanation make everything clear already.thank you. =)

Mefftu

Alrite..thx mefftu..because last time I bought 2013 with almost 100packs. Juz wondering it worth 10 because it will get reprinted version like 2013. But your explanation make everything clear already.thank you. =)

Yes, this was the time around early autumn in 2013 where the codecards at first only had been sent to that year worlds participants - and hence the sleeves were really that high valued.

But just short time later they came with separate codecards in those buyable world reprint decks and the value completely was gone.

Now we have a second (and third if you count both colours) version of world sleeves and not all players do need / want every sleeve and thus the value is considerably lower than the previous 2013 sleeves.

This year they kept the value of the original Worlds gameplay items (the blue versions) when the decision was made to make gameplay items again - but not the same. Definitely a better way to go.

sipes1946

need to stay page 1...

Mefftu

need to stay page 1...

As much as I would try to support this a new input and content is not given and I can only assume it may be even closed now since this posting in an old thread rule applies.

The next question is when the Sylveon sleeves 1 will come to the game. They are sitting around very long in the gameplay part of the collection of unobtainables.

I think the no.3 sleeves of the starters and the Yveltal/Xerneas sleeves 2 take a bit more time until they are released and ready to obtain for us.

uic

Complete list of all obtainable sleeves that one can have at current state

[table]

Name:obtainable via:Value rangeDeoxysgems - no more obtainable80+Mewtwogems - no more obtainable80+Thundurusgems - no more obtainable80+ Victinigems - no more obtainable80+ Xerneas 1gems - available20-30Yveltal 1 gems - available20-30Worlds 2014 (blue with black border)codecard - worlds participants9-13Mega BlastoiseGamestop gift December 20142-3Mega Charizard XGamestop gift December 20142-3Mega Charizard YGamestop gift December 20142-3Mega VenusaurGamestop gift December 20142-3Worlds 2014 (red border)codecard - WCH deck2Worlds 2013codecard - WCH deck2White/Light Blue Checkeredcodecard - PAX2 Chespin 2newsletter signing2Fennekin 2newsletter signing2Froakie 2newsletter signing2Energy Grid / Blackmystery box - no more obtainable2Mega Gengarnewsletter signing1.5Beta Rewardsbeta-testing gift1Chespin 1tokens - availablexFennekin 1tokens - availablexFroakie 1tokens - availablexEevee tokens - no more obtainablexGarchomptokens - no more obtainablexGenesect tokens - no more obtainablexPikachu tokens - no more obtainablex [/table]

can i still get the newsletter sleeves?

pokemanz88

Yes, u can get them from me for a few packs

uic

Yes, u can get them from me for a few packs

hhmm...how much?