VioletCityTC

Violet City Trading Company (VCTC) *Now Accepting ALL Packs and PC Cards 4 Trade-Ins*

EIectabuzz

Ok, I do understand that you won't use the personal one I traded you for the trading thread, thanks. :)  As per the 2nd offer, yeah, I accepted that offer from you, I was online for a bit, then I logged off.  When I logged back into PTCGO several hours later I noticed a personal offer to me from you for 1 SR Ultra Ball (you getting a 2nd off me).  That's what I was talking about.  Unless it was a PTCGO glitch? (there ARE a # of them, LOL), but this was a direct offer for a 2nd, that's what my confusion was about there, hope that makes sense.  Thanks again man, and really I hope this is all read well, I know you are a good guy.

If i did send you a personal offer I do apologize. I understand their rarity fully now after having to track down so many lately. Thank you so much for helping me complete my personal collection though, for that I am grateful. Thank you for taking the time to post :)

VioletCityTC

...Violet is a brand new account on here, so that's pretty amazing to have all these cards in a short amount of time, well done! :)  Anyway, just wondering if Violet was a conglomerate account being shared by several users that have been around for a while or if Violet was just one person?  if so since violet popped up out of the blue, amazing job getting all those cards so fast.  Or is maybe something else going on here?  good luck with it all...

I was.

I am.

I will be.

It is time for something different.

Something better.

Something violet.

Mr-Smiley-007

ignore this. 

Edited by Mr-Smiley-007

Mr-Smiley-007

Hi, just checking this out.  Is this a TSS4C spin-off as evidenced here in the post I'm quoting above or is this actually "something new, something different, etc."?  If it is new why does it say "Thank you for visiting TSS4C" lol.  Violet is a brand new account on here, so that's pretty amazing to have all these cards in a short amount of time, well done! :)  Anyway, just wondering if Violet was a conglomerate account being shared by several users that have been around for a while or if Violet was just one person?  if so since violet popped up out of the blue, amazing job getting all those cards so fast.  Or is maybe something else going on here?  good luck with it all.  also how many reverse hgss shaymin could i trade for and also reverse lost world?

Haha! First of all, you got me! Old habits, you know :P Secondly, thank you for your compliment! We do try to fulfill these orders asap and making sure our customers are happy

VCTC is a brand new company where we will attempt to find better methods to supply PTCGO community cards, the new pack conversion rate is just one of it.

Violet is real, pretty nice girl with bright idea. She does not actually play the game but is experienced with management and business in the real world. Think of this as her hobby shop.

The team is finishing up price guide for the older cards, so stay tuned :) Thank you for visiting VCTC

Edited by Mr-Smiley-007

LugiaPowerEx

Hello! 

I want to order 1 Tropical Beach! I would like to pay in 30 PHF, the packs should be tagged! :)

Cymantex

Why are you multiplying .75 to the pack? Please refer back to the guide for in-depth explanation.

As I said before, we use decimals as values for packs versus ratio.

So 1 FuF = 0.75 packs, and 2 FuF = 1.5 packs, and so on.

Math: 2 x 0.75 = 1.5 OR .0.75 + 0.75 = 1.50

So 1 NV = 1.25, 2 NV = 2.5, and so on.

Math: 2 x 1.25 = 2.5 OR 1.25 + 1.25 = 2.5

So yes, with this calculation it is easy to make the pack value match orders  since it almost always reach to a whole number or 0.5 decimal.

We implemented this calculation to allow us easily adding up the packs toward the total order when we take in multiple packs that are considered 1.25:1, 1.5:1, 3:1. Instead of breaking everything up and multiply/divide/add them as needed, we can just add all the pack values as it is.Y

Furthermore, we have the liberty to increase the value of your packs comparing to all the previous companies. For example, Flash Fire (FlF) is considered as 2.5:1 pack, which would be 0.4 pack. In VCTC we pumped up its value to 0.5. So not only does this conversion help our customers figuring out the needed packs to reach total order, it also gives their packs more value.

We understand the change may cause some confusion, but here in VCTC we embrace new ideas and are attempting to find better ways to serve PTCGO community while retaining the ability to supply our customers cards.

Just read through this updated post.

There is really nothing different with the ratios than other trading incs.

Except the fact that you list how many fluctuating packs a standard pack is worth instead of the opposite.

It gives the same result but instead of multiplying with the ratios you should divide. Which is both the quickest and simplest way to find a cards value in this system.

I don't really see any merit in making this change.

It looks like you're guess adding/multiplying to find the value you're looking for. Which is just an unnecessary process that may take a lot of time when a simple division gives you the answer right away.

Let's say I were just starting out with buying 2 FuF Booster Boxes in real life and I want to buy a ton of staples from this thread to get going.

I add up what all the cards are worth and find out the order ends up at 43 packs.

Then I want to pay purely in FuF packs but is unsure how the ratio works.

How would you respond to this user? Just out of curiosity.

Mr-Smiley-007

Just read through this updated post.

There is really nothing different with the ratios than other trading incs.

Except the fact that you list how many fluctuating packs a standard pack is worth instead of the opposite.

It gives the same result but instead of multiplying with the ratios you should divide. Which is both the quickest and simplest way to find a cards value in this system.

I don't really see any merit in making this change.

It looks like you're guess adding/multiplying to find the value you're looking for. Which is just an unnecessary process that may take a lot of time when a simple division gives you the answer right away.

Let's say I were just starting out with buying 2 FuF Booster Boxes in real life and I want to buy a ton of staples from this thread to get going.

I add up what all the cards are worth and find out the order ends up at 43 packs.

Then I want to pay purely in FuF packs but is unsure how the ratio works.

How would you respond to this user? Just out of curiosity.

43 (total order) / 0.75 = 57.33. Round to 57 as total using 0.5 rule.

For a large orders like that we would understand and be more lenient concerning the pack ratio. But it is odd that you are trying to use one FuF to complete a one pack order instead of using a 1.0 pack or 0.5 pack. With that logic you could essentially just use 1 FuF to buy everything that is worth 1 pack not only here, but in other companies too using the 1.5:1 rounded up.

As such we cannot process this order without the sufficient payment. Thank you for understanding :)

Edited by Mr-Smiley-007

EIectabuzz

Hello!

I would like to make a small request:

1x Terrakion (Emerging powers) 0.5

1x Cobalion (Emerging powers) 0.5

For 1 FuF pack (assuming it's rounded down).

Hi cymantex, If you would like to complete your order please use a 1:1 pack and make it easier or we will cancel this order. There is no need to turn this into a multiple post dilemma.

Cymantex

43 (total order) / 0.75 = 57.33. Round to 57 as total using 0.5 rule.

For a large orders like that we would understand and be more lenient concerning the pack ratio. But it is odd that you are trying to use one FuF to complete a one pack order instead of using a 1.0 pack or 0.5 pack. With that logic you could essentially just use 1 FuF to buy everything that is worth 1 pack not only here, but in other companies too using the 1.5:1 rounded up.

As such we cannot process this order without the sufficient payment. Thank you for understanding :)

Alright so we are in an agreement on how the ratio works. Not sure why my first post was seen an issue in the first place.

If you had given me this answer right away I would have been happy. Instead you didn't give me reasons and instead just opened up more questions and confusion which lead to an arguement.

The fact that you don't accept discounts for smaller offers is exactly the kind of answer I was looking for.

EIectabuzz

The fact that you don't accept discounts for smaller offers is exactly the kind of answer I was looking for.

If you would like to try and go to another Trading Company and offer a lesser price for their cards by all means go ahead. From this post on we will not be addressing this issue anymore and are canceling your order until you offer a 1:1 pack. Thank you for understanding.

Cymantex

If you would like to try and go to another Trading Company and offer a lesser price for their cards by all means go ahead. From this post on we will not be addressing this issue anymore and are canceling your order until you offer a 1:1 pack. Thank you for understanding.

I did accept this kind of offers when I was a part of Top Cut Trading Inc. Perhaps you should try it.

This trading company have certainly left a bad impression. You don't have to worry about getting orders from me in the future.

• Upvote 2

EIectabuzz

I did accept this kind of offers when I was a part of Top Cut Trading Inc. Perhaps you should try it.

This trading company have certainly left a bad impression. You don't have to worry about getting orders from me in the future.

Thank you for the posts. Have a good day.

DesDaddy

I'll hook you up my friend.  Having a good impression/reputation with other PTCGO players is very important, both short term and long term, it seems there are some that may still need to step out of the cave on that one.  I'll see you in game though Cy.  Who knows, maybe I'll come out of retirement and start trading again ;).  Heck, you, Louis, Huynh, Mefftu and I could turn this whole place upside down, lol.  Not to mention the big green fella :P

Also, as a side note, what's with everyone using terminology like "payment" and such?  PTCGO strongly frowns on anything that has to do with buying and selling, we should really try to stay away from such terminology.  Use words like "trading" and "offers" instead of "payment", "orders", and "business", etc.  Just some quick advice from someone who's been there and knows the rounds, take it or leave it..

GL

Edited by DesDaddy
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Mr-Smiley-007

I duly apologize you do not agree with our methods. However, we cannot accept the FuF for small orders like those due to the fact that it would hurt our traders and impede our ability to supply cards. As a company, we would like to provide a great service to our customers, but we must also cater to our traders who spend their time and resources obtaining the cards needed for the orders.

Using one FuF pack for every 1 pack orders would hurt our traders in the long run as they would be losing 0.25 pack for every order they complete, and that is taking in the consideration we boosted up packs' value with this system.

Example:

FuF as 1.5:1 to pay for Tropical Beach would be 30*1.5 = 45 packs

FuF as 0.75 to pay for Tropical Beach would be 30/0.75 = 40 packs.

As you can see we are taking a step to make sure our customers feel valued and their packs are worth spending here.

It is great that you accepted these kind of order when you worked for other companies, but we would like to make sure our partners get appropriately rewarded for their service as they did spend time and resources to fulfill these orders.

We hope you understand as a trader and someone who used to work in the company why we must take this measure to protect our partners  :)

Here in VCTC:

Time for something different

something better

something violet

Edited by Mr-Smiley-007

VioletCityTC

I would like to welcome Oikawa-kun as one of our official Partners.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

mikeptcgo

Can I get 1 Full Art N for 48 PhF packs? My packs should be tagged but if they get untagged, please send a ridiculous offer which I will counter. I'm also very busy with school right now, so please be patient in case I'm unable to accept the trade right away. 

Mr-Smiley-007

Can I get 1 Full Art N for 48 PhF packs? My packs should be tagged but if they get untagged, please send a ridiculous offer which I will counter. I'm also very busy with school right now, so please be patient in case I'm unable to accept the trade right away. 

Order completed. Thank you for using VCTC and we hope you enjoy your FA N ! :) 

Mr-Smiley-007

Pending Order:

KingofPwn4g3: 3x Junipers FA - 27 FuF, 27 FuF, 19 FuF + 5 PhF.

• Upvote 1

Aeirhart

Hello violet city trading company! I would really like a full art Kangaskhan, a full art Latias, and a regular art Rayquaza

i will be trading 12 plasmablast packs

thank you :)

Psych0therapy

Hello violet city trading company! I would really like a full art Kangaskhan, a full art Latias, and a regular art Rayquaza

i will be trading 12 plasmablast packs

thank you :)

I'll be sending this order shortly. Please make sure your packs are tagged, and thank you for choosing VCTC!

Order completed.

Edited by Psych0therapy
  • Upvote 1

Aeirhart

holy speedy batman! thank you very much :lol:

• Upvote 2

Mr-Smiley-007

Pending Order:

KingofPwn4g3: 3x Junipers FA - 27 FuF, 27 FuF, 19 FuF + 5 PhF.

Order Completed by Hotterrr.

thank you for using VCTC :) !

• Upvote 2

Cymantex

I duly apologize you do not agree with our methods.

It's not that I disagree with the method. I do not think that avoiding discounts on small orders is a dumb idea.

The problem here is the way I was treated.

I was searching for an answer and wasn't given one until the very end. Instead only what was "wrong" with my posts came into focus.

Then I was the one to blame for starting an argument when I tried to explain why I didn't think my posts was wrong to begin with. While keep trying to find an answer to my original question.

You need to give a clear answer to avoid further questions and avoid comments that just triggers a debate.

This is what gave the thread a bad impression.

• Upvote 1

Mr-Smiley-007

Cymantex, on 19 Dec 2014 - 02:10 AM, said:

Cymantex, on 19 Dec 2014 - 02:10 AM, said:

It's not that I disagree with the method. I do not think that avoiding discounts on small orders is ****** idea.

The problem here is the way I was treated.

I was searching for an answer and wasn't given one until the very end. Instead only what was "wrong" with my posts came into focus.

Then I was the one to blame for starting an argument when I tried to explain why I didn't think my posts was wrong to begin with. While keep trying to find an answer to my original question.

You need to give a clear answer to avoid further questions and avoid comments that just ******** a debate.

This is what gave the thread a bad impression.

Hi :)

I see that this is escalating from price question to personal issues. As the wise man Aesop have demonstrated with his famous story The Man, the Boy, and the Donkey, you cannot satisfy everyone. We are sorry you feel that way, but honestly there is not much else I can do for you seeing that you cut out my detailed explanation as well as my apology in this quote.

To be honest, we do not understand your persistence on insisting to pay a 1.0 pack order with a FuF pack instead of something like PhF pack. I am glad at least we agree on the fact that we could not do round up for these orders.

Now I must ask you to keep this thread civil and refrain yourself from putting down any more non-order related posts. I already gave detailed explanation and addressed your concerns to my best ability. And two pages should be enough to address this issue. Any more than that is creating an unpleasant atmosphere we do not wish to see in VCTC.

We do hope to see you again, but until then, we wish you the best of luck and happy trading :)

Here in VCTC

Time for something different,

Something better,

Something Violet.

Edited by Mr-Smiley-007
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Cymantex

You apologized for the wrong thing and tried to paint a different picture. Which is why I made my last post.

Of course this just added to the bad impression box.

I'm done here now. Unless you create more reasons to continue this.

Edited by Cymantex
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1