VioletCityTC

Violet City Trading Company (VCTC) *Now Accepting ALL Packs and PC Cards 4 Trade-Ins*

Cymantex

Hello!

I would like to make a small request:

1x Terrakion (Emerging powers) 0.5

1x Cobalion (Emerging powers) 0.5

For 1 FuF pack (assuming it's rounded down).

chinmay453

Hey, if recruitment is open, can i be a member of this company?

Still waiting for response

Mr-Smiley-007

Hello!

I would like to make a small request:

1x Terrakion (Emerging powers) 0.5

1x Cobalion (Emerging powers) 0.5

For 1 FuF pack (assuming it's rounded down).

1 FuF is not sufficient for the payment. Please update the order with appropriate payment (e.g. 1 PhF, 2 XY, etc.) then we can send out the order.

Thank you for visiting TSS4C :)

Please pm Violet instead of re-posting your request to join VCTC. We are trying to keep this thread strictly for orders and customer service. Thank you for understanding :)
Edited by Mr-Smiley-007

dawnmaster

Hello, Im LF Klinklang (swift gear), I would like to pay with 4 PhF packs.

Edited by dawnmaster

Cymantex

1 FuF is not sufficient for the payment. Please update the order with appropriate payment (e.g. 1 PhF, 2 XY, etc.) then we can send out the order.

How does orders with decimals work here?

Since 1.33*0.75 = 1 I assumed it would be enough.

Mr-Smiley-007

How does orders with decimals work here?

Since 1.33*0.75 = 1 I assumed it would be enough.

FuF = 0.75 pack. There is no multiplication. It would be more like 1 - 0.75 = 0.25. 

Whereas: 1 PhF = 1 pack.; XY = 0.5 pack,  2 XY = 1 pack.

We made the conversion simple for people to add up the packs. Thus FuF cannot be accepted for this order. Is there any other questions you have concerning our pack ratio :) ?

Edited by Mr-Smiley-007

Cymantex

FuF = 0.75 pack. There is no multiplication. It would be more like 1 - 0.75 = 0.25. 

Whereas: 1 PhF = 1 pack.; XY = 0.5 pack,  2 XY = 1 pack.

We made the conversion simple for people to add up the packs. Thus FuF cannot be accepted for this order. Is there any other questions you have concerning our pack ratio :) ?

Now I'm even more confused. I have no idea what you mean that it would be more like 1 - 0.75 = 0.25.

1 FuF = 0.75 standard packs or the opposite would be...

0.75 * X = 1

1/0.75 = 1.33

X = 1.33

1 Standard pack = 1.33 FuF.

This is incorrect somehow?

Example #1:

Mewtwo EX NXD is 5 packs. You can pay with 4 Noble Victories packs. (1.25*4=5)

The example from the front page.

How do you calculate to know how Mewtwo EX NXD is 4 NV packs?

One solution would be to figure out how many NV packs a standard pack is worth

1 NV = 1.25

1.25 * X = 1

1/1.25 = 0.8

X = 0.8

Mewtwo EX NXD 5 packs (5*0.8=4)

You can only make orders which matches up perfectly? No decimals allowed?

Edited by Cymantex

Mr-Smiley-007

Now I'm even more confused. I have no idea what you mean that it would be more like 1 - 0.75 = 0.25.

1 FuF = 0.75 standard packs or the opposite would be...

0.75 * X = 1

1/0.75 = 1.33

X = 1.33

1 Standard pack = 1.33 FuF.

This is incorrect somehow?

I think the current system is more tricky because you need to take an extra step to figure out the actual ratio first.

The example from the front page.

How do calculate to know how Mewtwo EX NXD is 4 NV packs?

My suggested solution would be to figure out how many NV packs a standard pack is worth

1 NV = 1.25

1.25 * X = 1

1/1.25 = 0.8

X = 0.8

Mewtwo EX NXD 5 packs (5*0.8=4)

You can only make orders which matches up perfectly? No decimals allowed?

Why are you multiplying .75 to the pack? Please refer back to the guide for in-depth explanation.

As I said before, we use decimals as values for packs versus ratio.

So 1 FuF = 0.75 packs, and 2 FuF = 1.5 packs, and so on.

Math: 2 x 0.75 = 1.5 OR .0.75 + 0.75 = 1.50

So 1 NV = 1.25, 2 NV = 2.5, and so on.

Math: 2 x 1.25 = 2.5 OR 1.25 + 1.25 = 2.5

So yes, with this calculation it is easy to make the pack value match orders  since it almost always reach to a whole number or 0.5 decimal.

We implemented this calculation to allow us easily adding up the packs toward the total order when we take in multiple packs that are considered 1.25:1, 1.5:1, 3:1. Instead of breaking everything up and multiply/divide/add them as needed, we can just add all the pack values as it is.

Furthermore, we have the liberty to increase the value of your packs comparing to all the previous companies. For example, Flash Fire (FlF) is considered as 2.5:1 pack, which would be 0.4 pack. In VCTC we pumped up its value to 0.5. So not only does this conversion help our customers figuring out the needed packs to reach total order, it also gives their packs more value.

We understand the change may cause some confusion, but here in VCTC we embrace new ideas and are attempting to find better ways to serve PTCGO community while retaining the ability to supply our customers cards.

Edited by Mr-Smiley-007

Mr-Smiley-007

Pending order:

Pr3: 1 SR UB - paying 40 PhF, 21 FuF, 9 PB,

DawnMaster: 1 Klinklang (shft gear) - paying 4 phf

Edited by Mr-Smiley-007

Cymantex

Why are you multiplying .75 to the pack? As I said before, we use decimals as values for packs. so 1 FuF = 0.75 packs, and 2 FuF = 1.5 packs, and so on.

Math: 2 x 0.75 = 1.5 OR .0.75 + 0.75 = 1.50

So for 1 NV = 1.25, 2 NV = 2.5, and so on.

Math: 2 x 1.25 = 2.5 OR 1.25 + 1.25 = 2.5

So yes, with this calculation it is easy to make the pack value match orders  since it almost always reach to a whole number or 0.5 decimal.

Isn't the reason why I'm multiplying obvious?

If a certain card is worth 2.5 packs, how many NV packs is that worth?

2.5 * 0.8 = 2 NV packs

Or you can divide with your current ratio 2.5/1.25 = 2 NV

Either way works, ratio is used to make finding out the values easy.

If you don't accept orders with decimals (except 0.5) I think you should be clear about it on the front page to avoid confusion.

Mr-Smiley-007

Isn't the reason why I'm multiplying obvious?

If a certain card is worth 2.5 packs, how many NV packs is that worth?

2.5 * 0.8 = 2 NV packs

Or you can divide with your current ratio 2.5/1.25 = 2 NV

Either way works, ratio is used to make finding out the values easy.

If you don't accept orders with decimals (except 0.5) I think you should be clear about it on the front page to avoid confusion.

What I do not understand is why can you not use a 1.0 valued pack or 2 x 0.5 valued pack to complete this order, seeing that there are multiple ways to get to a whole number, but you pick 0.75 pack (FuF) and attempted the unnecessary multiplication. To be frank, the reason we cannot accept FuF for this order is because this would essentially make FuF a 1.0 pack.

We are sorry for this inconvenience. However for the reasons I stated before (*did some editing in case you did not got a chance to read the in-depth explanation for the current conversion mechanic), we believe that the current system gives customers more value on their purchase. Regardless, we value your opinion and will keep it in mind as we attempt this new approach on packs conversion.

Please update the order with appropriate value and we shall process your request asap. Thank you for visiting VCTC :)

Edited by Mr-Smiley-007

Pr3

Pending order:

Pr3: 1 SR UB - paying 40 PhF, 21 FuF, 9 PB,

DawnMaster: 1 Klinklang (shft gear) - paying 4 phf

I wanted to clear up any confusion with my order, in my post I specified 28 Fuf packs instead of the stated 21 here. In accordance with your ratios 28*.75 = 21 pack value. Just wanted to clear that up in case I got the incorrect offer and would have to counter. Thank you.

Cymantex

What I do not understand is why can you not use a 1.0 valued pack or 2 x 0.5 valued pack to complete this order, seeing that there are multiple ways to get to a whole number, but you pick 0.75 pack (FuF) and attempted the unnecessary multiplication. To be frank, the reason we cannot accept FuF for this order is because this would essentially make FuF a 1.0 pack.

We are sorry for this inconvenience. However for the reasons I stated before (*did some editing in case you did not got a chance to read the in-depth explanation for the current conversion mechanic), we believe that the current system gives customers more value on their purchase. Regardless, we value your opinion and will keep it in mind as we attempt this new approach on packs conversion.

Please update the order with appropriate value and we shall process your request asap. Thank you for visiting VCTC :)

I didn't do any "unecessary multiplication". I simply followed the example on the front page.

The natural way to find out values with the current ratio is to divide the value of the order with it. Either way it provides the same result.

1/1.25 = 1.33

1.33*0.75 = 1

I was curious to see if this trading company provides any discounts for this kind of order. I'm surprised you don't deal with the order in any kind of way if I only have FuF packs.

However I did get my answer and I'm happy for that. :)

Again I recommend posting this information on the front page to avoid the same uncertainty in the future.

Beatrix87

Hi

I am going to be your customer on your first day of business and would like to have:

2 FA Juniper

Paying with 34 PHF. Packs are tagged. Thanks!

Edited by Beatrix87

steve2jerry2

Hi, just checking this out.  Is this a TSS4C spin-off as evidenced here in the post I'm quoting above or is this actually "something new, something different, etc."?  If it is new why does it say "Thank you for visiting TSS4C" lol.  Violet is a brand new account on here, so that's pretty amazing to have all these cards in a short amount of time, well done! :)  Anyway, just wondering if Violet was a conglomerate account being shared by several users that have been around for a while or if Violet was just one person?  if so since violet popped up out of the blue, amazing job getting all those cards so fast.  Or is maybe something else going on here?  good luck with it all.  also how many reverse hgss shaymin could i trade for and also reverse lost world?

JasonRox

Hi! That was an error, our apologies. Thank you for catching it for us. We shall remove it shortly :)

But can you explain what it was supposed to say?

VioletCityTC

But can you explain what it was supposed to say?

It was supposed to say

"On cards above 40+ packs with a ratio of 1.25:1 will become 1:1" This was an idea we were toying with before the launch and while we were working on the forum posts. After many hard hours tinkering with this forum and figuring out what it can and cannot handle it was overlooked before launching completely as it had already been planned to be removed.

I have already contacted you. Your request was denied and please do not re-apply. Thank you.

Hi

I am going to be your customer on your first day of business and would like to have:

2 FA Juniper

This order has been sent. Waiting on you to complete :)

Hi, just checking this out.  Is this a TSS4C spin-off as evidenced...

Most of us were apart of TSS4C and Smiley over there is used to posting that message after completing orders. As for HGSS era cards we are working on a table all on its own to get those ready for orders. Please check back periodically. Thank you.

VioletCityTC

Hi

2 FA Juniper

Order Complete. Thank you for using VCTC :)

VioletCityTC

Hello, Im LF Klinklang (swift gear), I would like to pay with 4 PhF packs.

Order Completed.

EIectabuzz

Can I also get an SR Ultra Ball?

I'd like to pay with 40 Phf, 28 Furious fists, and 9 Plasma blast packs.

Phf: 40x1 = 40

Fuf: 28x.75 = 21

Pb: 9x1 = 9.

Total = 70.

Thanks! I have them tagged.

Order completed. Thank you for being patient.

As of now SR UB orders are out of stock and will be back when we have them. Thank you for understanding.

Pr3

As of now SR UB orders are out of stock and will be back when we have them. Thank you for understanding.

Thank you very much for the excellent service. I highly recommend VCTC to anyone looking to trade. A++. I will be placing my future orders with them :).

EIectabuzz

Thank you very much for the excellent service. I highly recommend VCTC to anyone looking to trade. A++. I will be placing my future orders with them :).

We appreciate this very much Pr3 and look forward to working with you in the future!

While the game is undergoing maintenance for the next 8 hours, we will be working towards revealing our policy on accepting CARDS For trade ins!

Please stay tuned for a full unveiling later today :)

DesDaddy

Can I also get an SR Ultra Ball?

I'd like to pay with 40 Phf, 28 Furious fists, and 9 Plasma blast packs.

Phf: 40x1 = 40

Fuf: 28x.75 = 21

Pb: 9x1 = 9.

Total = 70.

Thanks! I have them tagged.

Eiectabuzz,

Was that the SR Ultra Ball I traded you?  You just swapped it out to someone else?  Remember a couple days ago I traded you one, and after I accepted the offer, I noticed in my "Offers to Me" that you had asked for another even though I said I would trade you (just) one, lol.  Even though I do have some, I'm really not a fan of stocking trading threads fyi, had I known you were going to be part of a trading thread and just use that SR Ultra Ball I traded you for a trading thread I wouldn't have traded it to you.   Sorry about this :(, I guess it's coming off in a negative way, I don't mean it like that, just trying to communicate/understand. :)  Sorry I can't trade you any more stuff though :(  I do wish you all the best though,

Edited by DesDaddy

EIectabuzz

Eiectabuzz,

Was that the SR Ultra Ball I traded you?  You just swapped it out to someone else?  Remember a couple days ago I traded you one, and after I accepted the offer, I noticed in my "Offers to Me" that you had asked for another even though I said I would trade you (just) one, lol.  Even though I do have some, I'm really not a fan of stocking trading threads fyi, had I known you were going to be part of a trading thread and just use that SR Ultra Ball I traded you for a trading thread I wouldn't have traded it to you.   Sorry about this :(, I guess it's coming off in a negative way, I don't mean it like that, just trying to communicate. :)  Sorry I can't trade you any more stuff though :(  I do wish you all the best though,

No des that was one I actually picked up this morning from trade chat :) I have them for personal and trading use. The thread I had original created was for myself. I had no intention of using those for trades. I hope you understand. If you still feel that way its fine.

I noticed in my "Offers to Me" that you had asked for another even though I said I would trade you (just) one,

As for this, I'm not sure what you mean. I never tried to get another from you. You explained you would part with 1 for me.

Edited by EIectabuzz

DesDaddy

No des that was one I actually picked up this morning from trade chat :) I have them for personal and trading use. The thread I had original created was for myself. I had no intention of using those for trades. I hope you understand. If you still feel that way its fine.

As for this, I'm not sure what you mean. I never tried to get another from you. You explained you would part with 1 for me.

Ok, I do understand that you won't use the personal one I traded you for the trading thread, thanks. :)  As per the 2nd offer, yeah, I accepted that offer from you, I was online for a bit, then I logged off.  When I logged back into PTCGO several hours later I noticed a personal offer to me from you for 1 SR Ultra Ball (you getting a 2nd off me).  That's what I was talking about.  Unless it was a PTCGO glitch? (there ARE a # of them, LOL), but this was a direct offer for a 2nd, that's what my confusion was about there, hope that makes sense.  Thanks again man, and really I hope this is all read well, I know you are a good guy.