Mod_Snow

Forums Bugs - Report them here!

harshu

Sorry, I didn't find another Topic and felt this was the most related to. If anyone knows the correct forum please tell me. I can't Message to my friends on the forums. Other than notifications' icon, no other icon appears. Please tell me how to do rectify it and teach me how to Message to my friends on the forums.

Edited by harshu

shuvo_1

Whenever we post , it automatically says edited by (Name). but i didn't edit the post yet

IS it a known bug already? sorry if i do any mistake

Edited by shuvo_1

Guest ArtichokeCat

This is the section for Forum Bugs correct?

If so, I have a problem that might or might not be reported already.

I checked the known bugs section but that section appears to apply only to the PTCGO

not the forums

So whenever I go back and edit a post,

the extra lines I enter go away and it turns a neat, spaced out sectioninto a single block.

Pretty annoying when you're trying to post decklists :P

and from then on, even if you try to add back the lines when you edit your post,

the extra spaces don't show up and you still get a block of words

however, you can copy and paste from word and that will solve it,

and the extra spaces will (sort of) show up

but you need to repeat the process of copy and pasting from word every time

you wish to have extra lines/spaces

I apologize if I was rambling a bit there.

Edited by ArtichokeCat
  • Upvote 1

Mefftu
This is the section for Forum Bugs correct?

If so, I have a problem that might or might not be reported already.

I checked the known bugs section but that section appears to apply only to the PTCGO

not the forums

So whenever I go back and edit a post,

the extra lines I enter go away and it turns a neat, spaced out sectioninto a single block.

Pretty annoying when you're trying to post decklists :P

and from then on, even if you try to add back the lines when you edit your post,

the extra spaces don't show up and you still get a block of words

however, you can copy and paste from word and that will solve it,

and the extra spaces will (sort of) show up

but you need to repeat the process of copy and pasting from word every time

you wish to have extra lines/spaces

I apologize if I was rambling a bit there.

Hey ArtichokeCat,

this problem is now on since a forum update as old as January the 28th. On page two and three of this thread I described the main problem too.

You would have been able to see that there if not for all the wrong entries about non-forum related errors (mainly game errors) put the whole thread now on page 4.

I can give you a hint which should help you to avoid the problem about the whole text coming into a block with unclear reading. Before you save your editing of a post try to select the full text and then just go on the font and click on 'Arial' - I guess that's the font here - which in the end does not change the text font but avoids a whole text coming into a 'block without spaces, paragraphs et al.'

In the end after more than 5 weeks and counting this formatting error is still really annoying though you will found your ways to master this problem too.

Oh and one more thing: if you quote multiple messages - then you edit it of course to clear the weird 'new lines' error and save it - you then have always the double posting of the date, time and member twice: once on top and one before the message. This 'member x, on 10th month 2015 - 2:12 pm said' can not be reomved in the 2nd or higher quoted messages of a reply. And more importantly the 2nd, and higher quoted messages become a white text - see above post #68 for this.

Edited by Mefftu

chinmay453
Mefftu, on 17 Feb 2015 - 9:49 PM, said:

Your first error was already posted some pages in this thread ago chinmay. Do you mean tables the way they are posted from like the value lists in Top Cut Trading? Well, just do not copy and paste them instead read the single text as if you want to quote something and you found a hint how tables making works. But please do not copy again all the work from others (like with 'your posted value lists for PC-Pokémon which was exactly the same as from Top Cut thread even with the same misspellings).

I didnt copy the whole list and typed most. I just copied the PC Cards list as i didnt have much time these days to think of the prices and then post them :P . Sorry for doing that, i will not do that again and edit it.

If you mean using HTML Coding, i tried that earlier but it didnt work. I will try again if you say so.

Edited by chinmay453

Shogun_Warrior

Good day all. I am back to report yet another problem which im sure by now is known. But just in case here it is. Now all chat rooms are completely just gone.I can not access any of them. I can still private message.But as far as entering any of the chats theyre simply gone.

Just thought id bring it up.Stay strong and see you in game.

Edited by Shogun_Warrior

harshu

Hello, I have also found a bug and it has costed me my time. So please fix it really fast.

The Bug is - When I view my friend's profile and go to the tab profile feed. There is a box to leave a message on the profile of my friend. But after I type in the message in the box, and then I click the Post button, nothing happens. My Text doesn't get posted and so I couldn't communicate with my friend.

Please fix this fast :(

Sorry, I didn't find another Topic and felt this was the most related to. If anyone knows the correct forum please tell me. I can't Message to my friends on the forums. Other than notifications' icon, no other icon appears. Please tell me how to do rectify it and teach me how to Message to my friends on the forums.

Nobody replied to my problems. :(

Please tell me how do I private message in forums. My friend told me there is an icon beside the notifications button. But beside notification icon, no other icon appears. Please tell me how to solve this :(

Edited by harshu

Mod_Snow

Hey harshu!

Players under a certain age (we are unable to tell which) do not have the private messaging enabled. Sorry!

Wolfman_11

I am having a problem with text formatting in the forum.

If I go back and edit a message there is no line return or line spacing.

The edited message comes as a solid block of text. I will try and edit this post and see if it happens again.

EDIT HERE this line was just added.

Edited by Wolfman_11

Wolfman_11

Yes I am having the issue still.

The above post was one sentence per line and double spaced, and so was this one.

I have edited this post as well with the below suggestion and it seems to work.

Edited by Wolfman_11

Mefftu
Yes I am having the issue still. The above post was one sentence per line and double spaced, and so was this one.
Hey Wolfman_11,

this is now an ongoing problem which occured first time on 28th January. I'd described this problem and its weird problems back on page 2/3 and the following thing I posted from my lines in reply to ArtichokeCat from page 4 where she had the same problem (and surely more than only you two :( )

"I can give you a hint which should help you to avoid the problem about the whole text coming into a block with unclear reading. Before you save your editing of a post try to select the full text and then just go on the font and click on 'Arial' - I guess that's the font here - which in the end does not change the text font but avoids a whole text coming into a 'block without spaces, paragraphs et al.'

In the end after more than 6 weeks and counting this formatting error is still really annoying though you will found your ways to master this problem too."

Hope this will help your course here to work with this error.

Edited by Mefftu
  • Upvote 1

Wolfman_11

Thanks for the advice. I just tried that on the above post and it is properly formatted.

Thank you.

Edited by Wolfman_11

Mefftu

I just realized that every message created after the last night update gets an auto 'edited' message at the end with the same time of the creating date. This is really strange. :o

We're actively working on a fix for the missing/extra line break and the "Edited by" issues, as well as some tweaks to the forum skin for various areas of the forums. We should have these fixes deployed in the next week or two.

The forums software does not currently include functionality that would allow the forum staff to review an attachment before it is displayed to the public, so the ability to post attachments/images is limited to forum staff only for exactly the reason that AleNonsense stated. However, we're planning to implement some customizations that would create this functionality, at which time we'd expand access to the attachment tool.

It seems as both error are gone and the forum is back to its old good standard without extra lines and without the useless auto-edit after every message when it had just been written.

TPCi_Mathis

The spacing issue is mostly fixed. We're still working on a bug that causes extra line breaks to appear when a post contains both filtered text and quoted text. However, the frequency of that happening should be fairly low.

Longhornpitbull

I'm in a Theme Deck Tournament in my second match when the timer starts for my opponent. It happens in the middle of my turn and i can't attack! It went to zero and i didnt win or lose. It stayed on zero. I had to leave the app. I didn't even get my booster pack for my 3-4 place finish.

-EvertonGrey

natetheotaku

Hey, I'm currently on mac OS X 10.10.2 And every time I try to open the program it won't let me run the program after it displays a window that says "Error! checkforpatch.clientupdate.error.noserver" I've tried looking at my firewall and my internet connection is working just fine. How do I fix this?..

bimboStank

where can i go to report the tcgo bugs??

Mefftu

I'm in a Theme Deck Tournament in my second match when the timer starts for my opponent. It happens in the middle of my turn and i can't attack! It went to zero and i didnt win or lose. It stayed on zero. I had to leave the app. I didn't even get my booster pack for my 3-4 place finish.

-EvertonGrey

Please try next time to post this nom-related topic reply in a seperate thread - this has nothing to do with the forum itself and errors there.

Hey, I'm currently on mac OS X 10.10.2 And every time I try to open the program it won't let me run the program after it displays a window that says "Error! checkforpatch.clientupdate.error.noserver" I've tried looking at my firewall and my internet connection is working just fine. How do I fix this?..

This is not the right place here - this forum thread is for forum errors only reserved - please go in the technical error part of the forum and place it there to get help - maybe there are other users with the same problem already.

where can i go to report the tcgo bugs??

It would have been so easy you had clicked a couple of threads below this one, there you find this helping thread where everything is explained.

http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/12324-reporting-bugs/

Edited by Mefftu

darthlegolas

all of me and my friends ace trainer cards never load its completly white its not even the red that it shows.

zeemar

not sure why but the 'quote' button isn't working for me

whitejaguar

Always when i am making editing my deck in deck bulid, i gets disonnected, i tried 5 times.and 5times i got disconnected.Always after the new update, there are some many bugs,instead the game getting better it is getting worse.

scotlineV3

Hi guys,

I just downloaded the new update for PTCG, and now the software does not run properly. Everytime I launch the program, it only shows a black screen. I tried restarting my laptop, and even uninstalled and re-installed the game, but nothing seems to work. My operative system is Windows 7 Home Premium, 64-bit. And my main specs are: Processor Intel i5 @1.7GHz.  RAM 8GB.

I will aprreciate your help, if there's anything more info I can provide for you please let me know.

Munchsoul0

The game, for some reason, when I log in, I do not see any of the words. some of the graphics become invisible even before I log in. Can you please fix it? Thanks.

Mefftu

Forum Bugs - Report them here!

darthlegolas, on 27 Mar 2015 - 04:55 AM, said:

all of me and my friends ace trainer cards neve*****d its completly white its not even the red that it shows.

whitejaguar, on 27 Mar 2015 - 5:00 PM, said:

Always when i am making editing my deck in deck bulid, i gets disonnected, i tried 5 times.and 5times i got disconnected.Always after the new update, there are some many bugs,instead the game getting better it is getting worse.

scotlineV3, on 27 Mar 2015 - 5:18 PM, said:

Hi guys,

I just downloaded the new update for PTCG, and now the software does not run properly. Everytime I launch the program, it only shows a black screen. I tried restarting my laptop, and even uninstalled and re-installed the game, but nothing seems to work. My operative system is Windows 7 Home Premium, 64-bit. And my main specs are: Processor Intel i5 @1.7GHz. RAM 8GB.

I will aprreciate your help, if there's anything more info I can provide for you please let me know.

Munchsoul0, on 27 Mar 2015 - 5:35 PM, said:

The game, for some reason, when I log in, I do not see any of the words. some of the graphics become invisible even before I log in. Can you please fix it? Thanks.

All of your listed problems are either a seperate problem in this sub-forum 'Report a Game Bug' or clearly belong in the 'Technical Support' forum.

This thread was made for errors that are only related with the forum - like the one I quoted below.

zeemar, on 27 Mar 2015 - 10:25 AM, said:

not sure why but the 'quote' button isn't working for me

Is this a temporary problem or still occuring? Occasionally I had the same problem when 'quoting' or 'replying' didn't worked for me in the forum too but it worked smoothly short time after good again.

Edited by Mefftu

whitejaguar

i know,but when i made a own topic, i didn't get any answer from mod.Sending a ticket is also bad idea, when i last sent tciket i got answer after 2 months.