Getting the first match in a tourny started and tourny's booster pack prizes being wiped.

Dalendro

To moderators, i have joined the instance tourny queue but i can't find the buttons to let me start my first match to appear after minutes on end, is it that only one tourney of 8 can be done at a time and i have to wait until my turn in a set of 8 is ready? If that's how it works, that would feel like a nuisance that i have to wait a long long long time in a line just to do one tourny.

And my other question is, when a player gains booster packs as prizes from the tourney, do the cards from THOSE packs get wiped off the collection after closed beta ends, or do they enact like the packs gained by booster credits and just turn into a pack again with random cards?

A tourney won't start until it has 8 players; in other words, until the queue is full. Once it is, the server should start pairing people off and informing them that their match is ready (the play button will no longer be greyed out).

As for the tourney prizes, I believe it was already stated that they'd only last until the end of beta or a beta wipe; Since tourneys are free right now, the market would get flooded easily if they lasted past beta.

Yeah, I just noticed that's what's going on. It even seems to let people join the queue when they're already full. I'm no expert; I can't really tell you what's going on, but my guess would be that either there's a limit on how many tourneys can go on at once, or the script is bogged down by the amount of tourneys going on. With all the issues that are likely caused by the tourney timer bug, I'd imagine that most of the tourneys started since maintenance ended last night didn't even come close to finishing, and if the server didn't automatically clear them after some period of time, or after everyone involved had dropped out, it could be very problematic.

^^ That's probably why there's an unscheduled maintenance going on right now. There were some result-killing-bugs that for instance stopped me from playing my 2nd round. Basicly, If everyone encountered this problem, there would be no #1.

Archived