Sign in to follow this  
jgdl223

whats the best gen of pokemon????

jgdl223

i still think its either 1st or 3rd

JAM380

NO Its definetly Johto or Hoenn Kanto and Unova are stupid and Sinnoh is too new. Not saying there are no good pokemon in Kanto or Sinnoh because there is just Johto is alot better

jgdl223

NO Its definetly Johto or Hoenn Kanto and Unova are stupid and Sinnoh is too new. Not saying there are no good pokemon in Kanto or Sinnoh because there is just Johto is alot better

deadddddddddd!!!!!!!

the first gen is the best in the series, can u say any of the starters dont look cool, arnt strong and dont have good names.

well iv got news for you......... you cant!!!!!!

Milkshakes

deadddddddddd!!!!!!!

the first gen is the best in the series, can u say any of the starters dont look cool, arnt strong and dont have good names.

well iv got news for you......... you cant!!!!!!

Lame Pokemon in Gen 1? I can list lots! Muk, Mr. Mime(I like him but he's considered lame by others' standards), Exeggcute, Jynx, Drowsee/Hypno, Magmar... (No offense to anyone, but it's a matter of opinion really.)

Not to mention the existence of Scrafty completely compensates for any terrible Pokemon in gen 5.

Prince_Ludwig

Venusaur doesn't look cool, Charizard is overrated, and Blastoise is too weak.

Done.

The best generation is either 3 or 4. 4 is dragged down by strange things like Pokémon Dash. >_>;

Sinnoh still has the best region design of all five regions.

jgdl223

Done.

The best generation is either 3 or 4. 4 is dragged down by strange things like Pokémon Dash. >_>;

charizard is the best fire starter, bulbissour has a cool name and blastoys looks cool. im sorry but the 1st gen has 3 in 1

NintenDuck

Done.

charizard is the best fire starter, bulbissour has a cool name and blastoys looks cool. im sorry but the 1st gen has 3 in 1

Speed Boost Blaziken would like to object.

ChaosOrphen

Done.

All of those statements (especially the first) are spot on

NintenDuck

I'd say Generation 2. It had all these nice quirks to it that were never repeated elsewhere. (ie Pokemon could start the battle asleep, a lot more Pokemon could suddenly flee the battle, etc) It just had so many things that made it feel like real life!

rbygscrse

I think generation 2 mainly because it seemed like it had the most to do and get. I liked that it continued off the first gen, whereas every generation since then has begun in a new, far away region. I'd like to see 6th gen start at route 49 and go wherever from there.

Nintendan

Get outta here. You're supposed to be in Ubers.

Anyway, I think 2nd Gen was the best. The Pokémon weren't poorly designed unlike the mjaority of Sinnoh/Unova ones.

1st Gen was also amazing, but I found 2nd to be the best.

NintenDuck

Get outta here. You're supposed to be in Ubers.

Anyway, I think 2nd Gen was the best. The Pokémon weren't poorly designed unlike the mjaority of Sinnoh/Unova ones.

1st Gen was also amazing, but I found 2nd to be the best.

Help! My name has been copied! D=

(you won't be like Ninten_Duck, will you?)

Prince_Ludwig

Well, with only 100 Pokémon... Gen 2 was sort of lacking.

Especially since Johto itself did a really poor job in showing off the new Pokémon. Most of the Pokémon you see in the wild are from Gen 1 anyway, and much of the gym leaders' line-up has a lot more Gen. 1 than Gen. 2, or no Gen. 2 at all. Because of that, Gen. 2's designs aren't even memorable.

Rhonder

Gen 2 is definately one of my favorites. I remember playing silver a ton as a kid, probably even more than blue (because by then I could read better and got what was going on better lol). That being said, Silver/SoulSilver will forever be a few of my favorite pokemon games ever. However, after having played through it, I quite like Gen 5 as well. As opposed to what most people say, I like a majority of the pokemon (there are a few terrible ones tho... like crack-addict patrat/watchog) and the over all experience. It's just lacking in region size. 1st gen and 3rd gen were both pretty good, though I like 2nd gen over both of them, and 5th gen just slightly above. And 4th gen is my least favorite. Period. In my opinion, there are a bunch of stupid pokemon there, as well as an obnoxious amount of dumb looking pre and post forms. Roselia definately didn't need a full evolution line, especially since Roserade is so ugly and omg, why the heck is Honkrow (or howev you spell that) a pimp? eww

Prince_Ludwig

Don't diss Honchkrow. Seriously.

Roserade is awesome, I'm convinced of that through its over-exposure in the anime. And most of all, it has a cape.

Grazzo

dude treecko is the best pokemon ever! that gen with it as a starter is the bestsearch%3Fq%3Dtreecko%2Bsprite%26hl%3Den%26biw%3D1024%26bih%3D517%26gbv%3D2%26tbm%3Disch&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=632&vpy=272&dur=1219&hovh=130&hovw=142&tx=86&ty=86&page=7&ndsp=8&ved=1t:429,r:2,s:51&biw=1024&bih=517

Satic-Draco

dude treecko is the best pokemon ever! that gen with it as a starter is the bestsearch%3Fq%3Dtreecko%2Bsprite%26hl%3Den%26biw%3D1024%26bih%3D517%26gbv%3D2%26tbm%3Disch&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=632&vpy=272&dur=1219&hovh=130&hovw=142&tx=86&ty=86&page=7&ndsp=8&ved=1t:429,r:2,s:51&biw=1024&bih=517

you mean third gen

because i personaly favor the first 2 generations

(charizard and lugia)

Admin-Apollo

THE BEST POKEMON GENERATION OF ALL TIMES IS.......................................................................................................................................................................................................

ALL OF THEM- THEY ALL INTRODUCED AMAZING THINGS!

1RST FOR INTRODUCING THE SAGA! STADIUM

2 FOR EGGS 16 GYM LEADERS, AND TWO REGIONS, AND PRE EVOLUTIONS. STADIUM 2

3 FOR DOUBLE BATTLES, DIVE, AND THE BATTLE FRONTIER. COLUSSEM

4 FOR UNDERGROUND, RANGERS, AND REVOLUTION AND THE REMAKES- GLOBAL TRADE.

5 FOR THE TRI AND ROTATIONAL BATTLES, BETTER DYNAMICS, AND BEST PLOT. DREAM WORLD HIDDEN ABILITES- RANDOM MATCH UP

In the end it all comes down to opinions, so please be considerate not to bash other peoples likes.

Like Mr. Fuji once said, and I quote,

"Instead of hoping for the happiness of just your Pokémon...

...Can I get you to wish for the happiness of all Pokémon?"

Masterrag

2nd gen (mainly because of Soul Silver) everything about the game was spot on, being able to explore 2 regions, really filled the game out, and left me100% satisfied with it all! Being able to catch majority of pokemon in one game feels worth it. With loads of extra add ons.

My favourite feature EVER is having the pokemon you choose,follow you around, feels like I have a proper companion like Ash & Pikachu :D

Peace out

RAG

Slayer6676

All games in Generation 4 are my favorites. The bring in a good amount (but not too much) refreshment in Sinnoh, then follow up with a older, more relaxing, Jhoto? Kantot tale I upkeep my strict tie of kanto and sinnoh because I started with Kanto and became dedicated in Sinnoh. Charizard and Blazikin school on a daul battle together, why fight over them when you can have them both? That is the point of 6 pokemon afterall! Generation 5 did NOT impress me I knew how It was going to end within one hour of the game and there isn't alot to do afterwards.While generation 4 kept me intertained....

PyreDynasty

Okay people, I need to point something out, HeartGold and SoulSilver are Gen 4 titles. They had Gen 4 Graphics, and Gen 4 mechanics.

For me, I think my favorite gen is 3. It introduced abilities, which I love. Absol, Mawile, Castform, Tropius, Metagross, Rayquaza, etc.

Wiggin

But it was in a gen 2 region with mostly gen 2 pokemon and gen 2 gym leaders and elite four members

SilverLeaf2

i like jhoto best

PyreDynasty

But it was in a gen 2 region with mostly gen 2 pokemon and gen 2 gym leaders and elite four members

A gen 2 region rendered in gen 4 graphics. Gen 2 pokemon with gen 4 movesets and abilities. Gen 2 gym leaders and elite four members with gen 4 animations before the battle. You can even get Palika, Dialga, and Giratina in HeartGold/Soulsilver. Heartgold/Soulsivler are generation 4 remakes of generation 2 games. They are great games and Johto is one of the best regions, but unless you are talking about Gold/SIlver/Crystal you are talking about gen 4.

Wiggin

Its the starter pokemon, region layout, who the gym leaders are, and what legendary pokemon the storyline is based on that tells what generation its from. The new pokemon that can be caught, the graphics , and the new moves and abilities are just added perks that couldn't possibly be left out unless nintendo wanted heartgold and soulsilver to not sell.

Sign in to follow this