TGC Online- making your own "Hard Mode" for fun

ZanPokeyman

I know that people playing the Pokemon video games sometimes invent new ways to increase the difficulty of the game to give themselves a challange and try something new. But I was wondering, has anyone done this with TGC online? I just thoguht I might try it myself for fun, and was trying to brainstorm ways to go about doing it. If you've ever heard of "Nuzlocking" (as I'm sure most Pokemon fans on the internet have), this is simalar to what I am referring to.

Now, I've thought of a couple ways to make the game harder by yourself. One way could be only counting wins if you have X amount of prize cards left, or either not using certain cards or being forced to use them at certain times. For example, you must use a trainer card when you get it (or as soon as you can use it), or you must play all of your Pokemon as soon as you can. There will probably be more options once the Deck Builder comes out, but I think this may make for an interesting time playing the computer.

Has anyone tried this? Anyone want to share suggestions of other ways to play like this? Does anybody wish to share their experiences doing this?

How about playing basic only or the stage one if its evolves a second time. Or only attaching an energy every other turn instead of every turn your able. Just some thoughts.

Interesting ideas, I just might try those.

Right now I'm going to play this way: I get a certain amount of points for each match I win, and the points depend on how well I trounced my opponent. I play all 12 matches in the league and go on to the next match whether I win or lose. I can post the rules I came up with if anyone's interested in trying it out with me.

Stuff like this and the FFX Sphere Grid are for people with way too much time on their hands. And I wouldn't say "most" Pokémon fans on the Internet have heard of Nuzlocking.

Archived