Pokemon MMORPG ideas! (Profs, take notes and PLEASE send this to the pokemon bosses! lol)

chinimasse

If they would ever make a Pokemon Massive Multiplayer Online RPG what would you expect or like to see?

What kind of things would make you go "That is SO COOL!" and keep you wanting more and more?

I would like to see a vast 3D world where you get to choose which regions you start in. The the cities actually feeling like huge cities where you could decide to have a random battle with another player (and you choose to pet an amount of gold or not) in a back street where people passing by could actually stop and watch you battle! But places like the main streets, shops and pokemon centers would be off limits to battle not to get in the way of players.

I'd like to see the legendaries being events so that not everyone would have one! And they could only be controlled by you if you have done X amount of stuff or have earner X amount of badges. Gym leaders could only be challenged once a day (to avoid over populating the gyms) and other people could come and watch you battle to they can learn themselves what to expect. But it should be programed so that the tactics change depending on what type you're using so that having certain types and move would be critical to win some battles (to add some challenge).

And of course i'd like to see the pokemon out of the pokeball and since it's an MMORPG, as long as the pokemon isn't fainted or doesn't have a special condition, it should have the ability ro slowly regenerate while in the pokeball.

Personally i would like the game to feel like you're on a journey to be a pokemon master. Not like WoW where it's all about having good gear and being powerfull but you could choose to take it slow. You could have pokemon contest which would allow you to win money, ribbons and when you enter the big poke-contest (the ones where you need at least X amount of ribbons) then you could even win an egg. To keep your pokemons happy you could have them out and feed them and let them play (this should only be allowed while no wild pokemons are around) and actually catching a pokemon shouldn't be too easy! Even having a common pokemon should be something you get to earn.

I'd like the TMs and HMs to be present and take a lot of work to get. Not HARD to get just take work. Have some spots where you can only have access if your pokemon can swim, surf or even use wirlpool and fly. Depending on the size of your pokemon (which you could check with your pokedex) you could team up with another trainer to get to places where you normally couldn't, of course that would mean having items or something other that isn't present in DS games to "teleport" you back to a pokemon center.

I think the trainer itself should have an HP bar and gain experience in certain things like preparing pokeblocks, food and different abilities and as you win important matches with NPCs or other players you gain experience and levels. That's because lets face it, pokemon isn't actually a safe place! lol Running into a bunch of wild taurus should NOT be something you can do without having your trainer "faint" (when that happens you're taken back to the pokemon center, NOT when all your pokemons are fainted). Pokemons like Gyarados who scare other pokemon in the DS game should be able to scare off weak/low level basic pokemon (compared to the trainer's level) so avoid many boring encounters.

Playing the game should be about you being on a journey but it would be nothing like the DS games! It would take us to the next level! While playing you WOULD be a pokemon trainer!

Gaining abilities and levels yourself (to avoid being "fainted" by wild pokemons too often). Having a secret base which is where you would grow berries to make pokemon food and all, basically where you keep the stuff you buy. Being able to slap honey on trees and wait to see what crawls nearby. Having your pokemons level up all while making sure you earn badges to allow you to control them. Having your pokemon's ability and nature actually matter in a certain way AND having the option (as you earn badges and levels) to keep more then 4 moves, maybe up to 6-8 so we don't need to make TM-HM slaaves and to make battles more interesting.

I could go on forever so i'll stop myself here!!!!

What would YOU guys (and profs?) like to see in a Pokemon MMORPG?

And please please profs send this to the pokemon team or the big boss! IT NEEDS TO BE MADE! XD

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still, this is what I want out of a pokemon game, to not be an immortal all powerful destructic=ve trainer

Somewhere in there i said it shouldn't be about having power... what i meant by that is let's say you start the game YEARS after it came out, your only goal SHOULDN'T be becoming strong to do all the fun stuff. Things should be added for later and earlier players, you dont want a pokemon game to suffer the same fate as World of Warcraft (go to level 85 pronto or everything sucks).

Gaining things early on should be as fun and rewarding as it would be if you were a high level and powerfull.

Not become useless like gaining items that won't be usefull anymore in the next 3 levels.

If you've played WOW before you'll know what i mean.

Sounds cool, but could you have dumbed it down a little?

yea, i just kept writing what came out of my head! :x

hay profesor and atez why not read my developing book i have been writing for the past 4 days.most people think its good and cool so could u have a quick glanse through and give me some feedback. its called story of green

Uhuh.png

If anything I could see this being something maybe Wii U based.

It could be like PBR but you would be able to load your own game cart up onto it and not only that you could still catch Pokemon in an MMO like Overworld. Players you could come into contact with in Online Mode but there would be a Story Mode too that you would need to be able to do so that all your Pokemon will do as you tell them.

Player Customization would get a full out revamp.

This way you would still REALLY need the DS based games in order to get them all up on there but you could also play without them as well.

hay profesor and atez why not read my developing book i have been writing for the past 4 days.most people think its good and cool so could u have a quick glanse through and give me some feedback. its called story of green

We think its cool cuz it its, nuff said

Arune, the way i see it in my head an mmorpg wouldn't affect the other games at all. It wouldn't just be going in an overworld and being able to play against other people and catch the pokemons that are there.

It would have a completely different gameplay and feel to it. I can't even connect my Wii or DS online without getting another version of windows or wireless connection. I wouldn't wanna spend that extra money just to fight against other people who 90% hack the DS game (at least that's what i heard) and have all level 100 shiny legendaries.

But your idea would be something nice to actually add to what DS games already have. It would be much more interesting and easier to find people to battle against. :D

But, like i said, my idea of an mmorpg wouldn't only be about power and player VS player battles.

PBR had a good Pokemon hack detector and I feel it could be made better by running ID,PID and OT filters in short these filters Bad Egg anything they see as hacked. Also it would be a loss for money if they made a Pokemon based battle game that did not connect to anything because you would not be able to move those Pokemon at all once a newer game or a newer gen came out.

Please. This is as close to an official MMO as Pokemon would get. At least, I'm pretty sure. A Pokemon MMORPG would have to have a payed subscription if it was gonna be successful, and that just wouldn't fit its "kid-friendly" image.

Please. This is as close to an official MMO as Pokemon would get. At least, I'm pretty sure. A Pokemon MMORPG would have to have a payed subscription if it was gonna be successful, and that just wouldn't fit its "kid-friendly" image.

That's the one thing I was going at too that's why I said it should be Wii U based because you know and I know Nintendo wifi is free to use.

You never know...

Yeah, maybe it could be a PMD thing for WiiWare! =D

Aw man that would be like Gauntlet with an MMO mode. : D

Archived