Hellooo Wizard

Thank you of course, but seeing as I'm a newb, here I go. Bear with me ;) (at least the deck does bear with me already, although a bit frosty)

Evee (FuF) - I don't get why this is better than the other Evee (89/116), since its ability won't work with only 4 Fghting Energy or am I missing something else important? Flareon is more of a finisher in this deck, so I generally should try to avoid instantly evolving into it?

For Garbodor I don't get it's use at all. I'm obviously sure there is one, since you seem evry competent, so I'd be glad to get this weird pokemon explained (since this deck can't use anything but it's ability).

Whats the general use of Computer Search? Is it just to grab anything you're missing, or should I try to save it for something specific if possible?

Floatstone is mainly for Revenging with Flareon and Terrakion, right?

And lastly is Silver Bangle a meta reaction?^^ I generally don't like to play cards that are sometimes dead, though of course I don't know how many decks actually run without and EXs.

I'm also terribly intimidated by the low energy count. To a nooby like me this looks like it will never work out^^ are my fears unreasonable?

And lastly I'm a tiny bit sad there's not a single EX Pokemon in my list. You know, the shinies are kinda awesome :P

It's not like I absolutely have to play one, especially since I assume they don't fit the strategy of this deck (or you would probably have included one^^), but it would be kind of nice.

Anyway, sorry for all the work! You seem to be doing a great job since generally everyone is happy with the conjured lists, but I'm just too green to grasp everything yet. Though it's definitely right the way you did it, because now I actually had to think about everything and formulate questions instead of you randomly trying to explain what I might not know.

In any case, thank you very much!

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hellooo1

• GerMagic

• Rafatstain

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Saying sorry doesn't excuse you from having poor manners. No one here owes you a living - that includes making you a deck list.   Now, the concept of Hellooo-Wizard is to help new players improved t

Guest ArtichokeCat

Flareon in general is an Anti-meta deck.

Flareon usually runs on a low energy count

because you need space for all the Pokemon you're going to discard for Vengeance.

I personally would use the Signs of Evolution Eevee,

because, as you said, there are no Fighting type evolution.

Float Stone is the preferred tool to attach to Garbodor to shut down abilities,

though the format is slowly moving away from decks that rely on abilities.

(Flareon generally don't like EXs or else it ruins the prize exchange)

Instead of Garbodor, you could run a 2-2 Toxicroak line

to Revenge opposing Mewtwo EXs and Lucario EXs.

How about for a challenge, a Cradily Lifesplosion deck. I don't expect it to be competitive at all, but I got a bunch of Cradily, and I thought it'd be a fun deck to try out.

Flareon in general is an Anti-meta deck.

Flareon usually runs on a low energy count

because you need space for all the Pokemon you're going to discard for Vengeance.

I personally would use the Signs of Evolution Eevee,

because, as you said, there are no Fighting type evolution.

Float Stone is the preferred tool to attach to Garbodor to shut down abilities,

though the format is slowly moving away from decks that rely on abilities.

(Flareon generally don't like EXs or else it ruins the prize exchange)

Instead of Garbodor, you could run a 2-2 Toxicroak line

to Revenge opposing Mewtwo EXs and Lucario EXs.

These are ideas worthy to consider but I do believe that one of the rules in the Hellooo Wizard is please do not post personal opinions about decks on the Hellooo Wizard unless if it is your deck. Please and Thank you :)

Mighty Hellooo Wizard, would you mind giving me your opinion on the following points ArtichokeCat mentioned?

- What's the difference between running Garbodor and Toxicroak? Is Toxicroars use literally to tr yand beat Mewtwo/Lucario? If so against which pokemon is Garbodor especially useful?

- What's your personal thoughts on the Evee choice?

I'm already trying to get all the cards anyway, but I'd still like to know of course :)

Though it's pretty hard since I just try to find copies of the cards on **** to somehow try to compare their prices.

I'm especially unsure for Terrakion (since the cheapest one I found ~2$ is not present on PTCGO and the others are all above 15$) and Computer Search (very expensive?).

Just to let you know, you did already help me a lot. :) There are just these leftover question marks on my head :P

Okay Gemagic I perfur Garbodoar and I will tell you why. Lots of decks revolve around abilitys like Pyoar needs Intimidating Maine and Verizion/Genesect need Red Single. Almost every deck need there ability's to be really strong. And Evee (FuF) is good to get out a fast Leafion and the 10 less Hp isn't that relevant because Evee is usually going to be on the bench and most of the time bench hitting Pokemon only do 30 or 20 damage to the bench which means its still going to take 2 or 3 hits to knock it out either way. Computer Search is expensive though but it is very useful you can grab anything that you need and sometimes it can win you the game. And float stone is the tool that you want to attach to Garbodoar and it can sometimes serve as free retreat too! Silver Bangle is very good to do more damage to those pesky EX's. And not every deck needs EX's to be strong I actually prefur no EX's because that means they always have to kill 6 of your Pokemon to win. And I only play the amount of energy that I absolutely need but if you want you could put in 2 more Fighting Energy. I Hope I Helped :)

Okay Gemagic I perfur Garbodoar and I will tell you why. Lots of decks revolve around abilitys like Pyoar needs Intimidating Maine and Verizion/Genesect need Red Single. Almost every deck need there ability's to be really strong. And Evee (FuF) is good to get out a fast Leafion and the 50 less Hp isn't that relevant because Evee is usually going to be on the bench and most of the time bench hitting Pokemon only do 30 or 20 damage to the bench which means its still going to take 2 or 3 hits to knock it out either way. Computer Search is expensive though but it is very useful you can grab anything that you need and sometimes it can win you the game. And float stone is the tool that you want to attach to Garbodoar and it can sometimes serve as free retreat too! Silver Bangle is very good to do more damage to those pesky EX's. And not every deck needs EX's to be strong I actually prefur no EX's because that means they always have to kill 6 of your Pokemon to win. And I only play the amount of energy that I absolutely need but if you want you could put in 2 more Fighting Energy. I Hope I Helped :)

And Please excuse my poor grammer. Grammer has never been my thing :)

It's fine really. I'm from germany and most peoples english here is abysmal :P

Thanks for the insight! I'm definitely going to try Garbodar then. And if I ever get bored or face to many psychic types I can switch to Toxicroak :)

Instead of an EX I just got myself the full art Terrakion, so there's my shiny ;)

I try to get my hands on a Computer Search but so far I didn't have any luck. Not sure what I should offer and sadly noone has one listed for trade, so I'll have to be patient I guess.

Thank you very much :)

Lastly, and I swear then I'll be fine (for now :P). If I were to add one or two more energy cards, whichc ards would you recommend I cut for those?

Have a nice time! Awesome service!

It's fine really. I'm from germany and most peoples english here is abysmal :P

Thanks for the insight! I'm definitely going to try Garbodar then. And if I ever get bored or face to many psychic types I can switch to Toxicroak :)

Instead of an EX I just got myself the full art Terrakion, so there's my shiny ;)

I try to get my hands on a Computer Search but so far I didn't have any luck. Not sure what I should offer and sadly noone has one listed for trade, so I'll have to be patient I guess.

Thank you very much :)

Lastly, and I swear then I'll be fine (for now :P). If I were to add one or two more energy cards, whichc ards would you recommend I cut for those?

Have a nice time! Awesome service!

It would be a costly take away but you could get rid of a float stone and a Flarion for 2 more fighting energy. And if you do that you could take away Computer Search in replace for Dowsing Machine. Will that work out better? I do not know but you could try it out. Have fun with you new deck :)

propugnator

How about a Mew-EX + Basics deck with things like Darkrai-EX for free retreat and some powerful EX/basic attackers, a Gothi/Trev line would take care of the safeguard decks, and prof. Letters and energies as much as possible?

Guest ArtichokeCat
These are ideas worthy to consider but I do believe that one of the rules in the Hellooo Wizard is please do not post personal opinions about decks on the Hellooo Wizard unless if it is your deck. Please and Thank you :)

I didn't know that, and I apologize for any trouble I've caused. :)

Sorry the Hellooo Wizard Has Bean having Technical Difficulties Im Sorry For The Wait And I Will Get Started On Your Decks. Have a nice Day :D

benderisgreat11

HELLOOOOOO I LOVE YOUR DECK IDEAS. I would to request a nother deck though. Would you try out an idea for a cresselia ex and mega gengar ex from the new set. i reallise your busy and i am putting this on to get an idea for the deck i will be using out of the new format. good luck with the idea and if possible could you show it to me when it comes out?? thanks- bender

Rafatstain

Hi Wizard I was thinking about making a plasma deck although I have some plasma deck and they are good but still I need to make a deck with all plasma cards and use their full potential...Any Idea? :cool:

Pokemon:22

Lilleep x3

Cradily x2

Victorybell (Wafting Scent) x2

Shiftry x4

Cubchoo x3

Bearatic x3

Genesect Ex x2

Virizion Ex x3

Trainer:26

Root Fossil Lileep x3

Energy Retrieval x2

Escape Rope x1

Switch x1

Ultra Ball x2

Caitlin x3

Lysandre x1

N x4

Professor Juniper x2

Skyla x4

Virbank City Gym x2

G Booster x1

Energy:12

Double Colorless energy x4

Grasss energy x8

This Is the Basic Guide Line Of A Cradily Deck. I never Tested It Out Because I don't Have The Correct Pokemon To Do So But This Should Give You A Rough Idea. You Could Get Rid Of Victorybell And Replace It For Delphox For More Draw Power And Replace Virbank City Gym With Training Center If It Doesn't Work Out Too Well. Hope I Helped :)

Pokemon:18

Latias Ex x1

Yveltal Ex x1

Mewtwo Ex x1

Spritzee x3

Aromatisse x2

Virizion Ex x1

Mew Ex x3

Kangaskhan Ex x2

Mega Kangaskhan Ex x2

Jirachi Ex x1

Suicoon x1

Trainers:31

Max Potion x3

Sacred Ash x1

Startling Megaphone x1

Dowsing Machine x1

Ultra Ball x2

Colress x4

Lysandre x1

N x4

Pokemon Fan Club x4

Professor juniper x2

Skyla x2

Fairy Garden x3

Muscle Band x3

Energy:11

Double Colorless Energy x4

Rainbow Energy x4

Fairy Energy x3

Im sorry if this deck did not reach all your expectations but I run Latias Ex to deal with Safe Guard Pokemon instead of trevenant it is easier to fit in. And a Mega Kangaskan deck was the only deck that I could see that could run Mew Ex and still be good. But on the bright side you have an excuse to use a Mega Deck :P which usually aren't good. This is just a rough draft feel free to improve it yourself. Have Fun and I Hope I Helped :)

I would Have Like To Finish All Your Decks Today (10/22/2014) But Do To Some Technical Difficulties Shawqi's, Benderisgreat11's and Rafatstain's Decks Will Be Finished Tomorrow (10/23/1014). Sorry For The Inconvenience :(

Pokemon:14

Dragonite Ex x2

Latias Ex x1

Yveltal Ex x1

Spritzee x3

Aromatisse x3

Xerneas Ex x1

Virizion Ex x1

Mewtwo Ex x1

Kyurem Ex (outrage) x1

Trainer:34

Energy Switch x1

Max Potion x2

Sacred Ash x1

Scoop Up Cyclone x1

Startling Megaphone x2

Super Scoop Up x4

Ultra Ball x2

Colress x2

Lysandre x1

N x4

Pokemon Fan Club x4

Professor Juniper x4

Fairy Garden x3

Muscle Band x3

Energy:12

Rainbow Energy x4

Fairy Energy x4

Grass Energy x4

This Is A Terrible Deck But You Asked For A Dragonite/Kyurem/Xerneas Deck So... But I Actually Made This Deck And I Won The First/Only Two Games I Played With It. Have Fun with Your New Deck :)

Pokemon:14

Gengar Ex x4

Mega Gengar Ex x1

Dendene x1

Pikachu x2

Raichu (circle circut) x2

Zekrom x1

Kyurem x1

Suicoon x2

Trainers:36

Ultra Ball x4

Switch x1

Float Stone x4

Startling Megaphone x2

Computer Search x1

Virbank City Gym x2

N x4

Colress x2

Lysandre x2

Professor Juniper x4

Jamming Net x2

Head Noiser x2

Robo Substitute x2

Muscle Band x4

Energy:10

Double Colorless Energy x4

Psychic Energy x4

Mystery Energy x2

I know this is probilbly not what you were looking for but to be truthful I don't know were to start with a Mega Gengar Deck. It just doesn't seem possible to me since I can't test it out (you can ask again when the set comes out and I can play around with it). And for Cressalia Ex well we both know it isn't good. But I know this deck is probably going to be very strong. The point of this deck is to get Gengar Ex out and Dark Corridor and switch into big basic Pokemon. It is much like Donphan but with poison. You might want to find room for some Snorlax's (plasma) though. Okay well most of this deck explains itself but I run 1 Tool Scaper to Scap Head Noisers and Jamming Nets from yourself because those can be annoying. And I don't run Lysandre's Last Resort because your opponent is probably going to have them no point in you running them too. I hope I helped :D