What's the point of this online game?

RDizzle817

so i thoughtthis would be a fun and suitable alternative to the tcg, and at first it was fun. i decided to clear the trainer challenge and get 4 stars at every level and used the winning tokens to get some boosters and packs to make my own deck.

Then i tried versus ranked...and i have no idea what the point is/

There is no way to find out what rank you are

there is no ladder system or ranking system of any kiond

There is no seasonal league or tournament of any kind

other than these forums, ther eis no public lounge or way to find friends or make new friends.

so ************* is the point?

i mean i guess i should askl....how do i make his experience more enjoyable and more fulfilling for myself?

is there something i am mising?

i would love to compete in next summers league, and im hoping there is a way i can do it online, because i am not ever evr evr ever going to buy actual cards

I see what your saying and your right the game does get monotonous. I get tired of the game as well. But, honestly, I find the most fun in the teams here on the forums where the rank system applies and there are tournaments every couple days. I recommend trying that out, as it is very fun. I would try team bender or team bulbasaur in this forum. I head one and play in the other and I highly recommend them. Hope this was helpful in your course to having fun with this game.-Bender

i agree with bender on this. by joining teams or groups on forums u'll be able to make friends with the team and ave alot of. for example the tourneys tht the teams host really help in getting the members together. the part where my friends r in a group enjoys me the most.so try playing with friends and u'll have fun.

u want to have fun from this game ? TRADE . play forum tourneys , tournaments . go to team bulbasaur , pokemon battle frontier etc . there is a lot of stuff going in the forums . BUT if u want in game fun , then try to collect cards and trade . and wait for the IN GAME TOURNAMENTS to come back . u get good prizes from them

is there something i am mising?

Yes indeed you are missing something.

Patience

Making your collections either by getting boosters or trading requires patience

Getting trainer tokens requires patience

And waiting for the next Tournament Test also requires patience

Plus you know you are a high rank once you see top tier decks against you (Virizion Genesect, Team Plasma etc)

Hope I answered your question!

• 2 weeks later...

Its taken me over 2 years to put my collection together. It takes time to put a big collection together and a lot of patience. Unless you have the actuall money to invest into this game. I also play pokemon irl. So ive also got a large irl collection. There are decks I want to get put together but it takes time to put the decks together you are actually wanting.In time, you will get to the point you want to be. And when you can compete with the top tier decks and beat them or hang in against them for along period of time.Then you are in the high ranks;just as stated above. Just try to enjoy the game and have fun. Don't worry about ranks or anything else. Good luck on the hunt and stay strong.

• 1 month later...

As new to pokemon (10 days since I first played) I have been searching how to tell how the ranked battles are calculated and how to tell what rank or tier I or my opponents are in. This kinda answers my question, ranked battles have no ranking system visible.  I have no time for tourneys because I couldn't commit to finishing them. I admit, it is addicting so far. My favorite is just playing theme decks with the ranked while I build up an inventory. It would be much better if they were transparent or at least show what tier you were in when playing ranked. I tried unlimited, and my opponent just paralyzed me ever turn, used a no item ability guy, mewtoo ex, and transferred damage until all my guys were dead and I could never attack. I really recommend adding more stats visible to the TCG game. I love stats.

Hello!

In order to maintain organization and prevent confusion within the forums, posting in threads that have been inactive for more than 14 days is not permitted. As such, I'll be closing this thread. However if you still need help/advice or would like to give some out, please feel free to try again with a new thread! :)

Thanks for your understanding!

Archived