TPCi_Mathis

September 2014 Community Update - Discussion Thread

TPCi_Mathis

Read the original thread here and let us know what you think!

• Upvote 1

FutunaSu

Only one word : GREAT ! :)

Thank you for this !

MaSkullzOnFire

Open Beta coming to an end?!

Gems for other countries?!

Tournaments making a return?!

Is the Apocalypse nigh upon us?!

yelsha

Looks great!! I particularly like the token>ticket>pack tournament system you're implementing. Sounds balanced and fair :).

FightingPikachu

A weekend-long tournament? I'm definitely looking forward to that!

However, I do have one question:

All unredeemed Tournament Tickets earned or purchased during the event will carry forward to the launch of the Tournaments feature.

Does this mean only Tournament Tickets obtained during this weekend-long event will carry forward past the Beta? Or will all of our Tournament Tickets carry forward?

Other than that, I'm also glad to hear more about the version for iPad!

DeGRa1994

I totally disagree, the game is already for shoppers. If these implements will ruin the game to all poor players don't want paying . At this time you had better close the beta, make paying accounts & other paying stuff.

Milennin

Thanks a lot for the long post and finally giving us a proper progress update. So, Beta is finally coming to an end in the near future, and tournaments are finally making their return. I like how there'll be 2 different tournament tiers, both with different rewards. It gives free players a good option to still play tournaments with pack rewards on a regular basis, while giving people who are willing to pay a shortcut. Looking forward to this tournament weekend.

I totally disagree, the game is already for shoppers. If these implements will ruin the game to all poor players don't want paying .

How is this going to ruin the game for people who play for free?

vas100

Thanks for the update. Pretty cool that our collection stays (phewww.....i am not loosing my cards :) ). Looking forward to the tourneys.

TBurrows9730

Well that was a long list. I hope all goes well and look forward to seeing the new improvement.

The iPad will be great as that will give my family more options to play as the computers always seem to be in use.

I hope the mod staff is up to the ending of beta and lots of new users. More visibility in the chat rooms may be needed as it did seem to have a calming effect in the old days.

Lastly GEMs will be a big shift in the system and add some new challenge but also new options.

Good work to all and let hope for the best.

thetamale
Open Beta coming to an end?!

Gems for other countries?!

Tournaments making a return?!

Is the Apocalypse nigh upon us?!

On top of all those previously unavailable promos sneakily appearing in the files...

madrugga

I have a few suggestions for improvements to the game, will be quite easy to solve.

-Place Ranking for everyone, so maybe put ' ' XP ' ' or coach's level.

-Level of coach: this will leave the lighter game, an advanced trainer won't play with rookie Coach. Because the person who starts the game won't have much desire to play with advanced trainers.

-Remove the rule from the first round not being able to attack, that leaves have a disadvantage in the game, making you lose in the first round of his opponent.

-Have tournaments without Pokemon Ex, that leaves for the newbies who don't get Pokémon Ex can play softly.

-Release the HGSS expansions, as well as in roulette for prizes, free packs from HGSS and Black White. Many people enjoy collecting Cards and it slows your collection by not being able to have these old packages.

-Change the game Interface, the interface is great but some small things should be changed, as the Chat of the game, when you're struggling, the current is not chat summary as of old, leave it as it was in the expansions of the 2012/2013 Black White.

This is my suggestion, maybe some ideas work!

Thank you all!

• Downvote 1

GoliathusGTX
I totally disagree, the game is already for shoppers. If these implements will ruin the game to all poor players don't want paying . At this time you had better close the beta, make paying accounts & other paying stuff.

You do realize they have to use money to sustain the server? No way they are going to survive if they only try to attract the play-for-free crowd. Money isn't going to drop from the sky if they just do that so of course they are going to help the shoppers who are willing to shop.

JavierSalvador

Ok ... I dont know if anyone has answer it yet, but WHEN will this HUGE update happen ? Early October, November, December ? When xD ???

Thanks

propugnator

What I really think this game needs is the theme decks from the available expansions: Frost Ray, Cold Fire and whatnot.

DialgaChampion

I think this situation is best explained by the following summary:

It's been a long road... getting from there to here.

It's been a long time... but the time is finally near.

And we will see our dream come alive at last. We will touch the sky.

And they're not gonna hold us down no more, no they're not gonna change our mind.

Cause I've got faith... of the heart...

I'm going where my heart will take me.

I've got faith... to believe... I can do anything...

I've got strength... of the soul. And no one's gonna bend or break me.

I can reach... any star... ... ... I've got faith... I've got, I've got, I've got, I've got faith... ... faith of the heart.

JoeFrags

Just wondering if support for the 1st and 2nd ipads is coming.

DerajBlack
You do realize they have to use money to sustain the server? No way they are going to survive if they only try to attract the play-for-free crowd. Money isn't going to drop from the sky if they just do that so of course they are going to help the shoppers who are willing to shop.

You do realize that pokemontcg is a small part of the pokemon franchise as a whole. Even if the game was completely free to play, packs included it would survive off of the millions of dollars in sales from the games, the real tcg and other miscellaneous stuff affiliated with the pokemon brand

mattnine

when i try to update my game it doesn't unpack the 2/2 of the update and so the update bar stops at 50% I've tried restarting the update but it doesn't work :( please help :(

Hayagriva

Can't wait to see all the new updates and tournaments. I want to play one as soon as possible :)

Linnell

As Beta comes to an end, what can we expect from the tournament aspect of the game. I read the thread and it says there will be more on demand tournaments and what the prizes expect to look like but what I'd like to know is there going to be major tournaments like a PTCGO World Championship and tournaments to qualify for such a tournament.

Mainly I ask because for those of us with out access to a local gaming store to participate in actual events, PTCGO is all some of us might have but would still like to compete in a big way.

Juan_K

Hello! i can't successfully download the installer to keep playing :/

Guest moriasweetwater

I agree with most of what you say. except... the rule about the first turn is in the rl game as well this is to stop from being killed before you can do anything. and there are tournys without exs its called themed

teamsmitty1

Hi. So when is the next tournament?

• Upvote 1

AshKetchum4786

Check out my utbe account for amazing pokemon news and openings! AxeRaiderOpenings

Edited by AshKetchum4786

sdrawkcab190

Looking forward to the next quarterly update.