Gengar EX / Trevenant / Dragalge Deck Ideas :)

JavierSalvador

Hmmm how would this deck work?

1) Using a lot of evosoda for dragalge and trevenant - "Wynaut" M Gengar EX ? (spiritlink)

2) Setting up the lock 1-2 Gengar - 2 trevenant - 1-2 dragalge (and Dusknoir?)

3) Using Energy Discard Cards like Xerosic or Team flare grunt

4) Using a mewtwo ex is not a bad idea to counter lucario

5)I've considered using AZ with Golbat - Crobat line as well as it adds damage quickly.

6) i) Gengar damage calculator 60 base damage + 10 poison + 20 virbank + 20 muscle band = 110 Damage

ii) Gengar MVH 110 + 20 golbat+30crobat = 160 damage any damage beyond here is a KO

Do you think this deck can become 1st tier ? Do you have any other ideas to add upp ? Comment :)

hmm you know they say : "You never go wrong with mewtwo" :P Nevertheless, Mewtwo Has ONE main ADVANTAGE : It is VERY FAST. In one turn you can knock out a lot of pokemon just with a DCE and a Muscl. Well You really rely on abilities :/ (trevenant-dragalge) so garbodor would be a waste ... As far as virgen goes ... I dont believe that it will thrive the way it did this year ...

Ps Remember that ORAS packs are coming,... it would be impossible just to focus on powering up old decks,.... so we should start focusing on the newer ones ... but I miss the "old" days like everyone :/

hmm you know they say : "You never go wrong with mewtwo" :P Nevertheless, Mewtwo Has ONE main ADVANTAGE : It is VERY FAST. In one turn you can knock out a lot of pokemon just with a DCE and a Muscl. Well You really rely on abilities :/ (trevenant-dragalge) so garbodor would be a waste ... As far as virgen goes ... I dont believe that it will thrive the way it did this year ...

Ps Remember that ORAS packs are coming,... it would be impossible just to focus on powering up old decks,.... so we should start focusing on the newer ones ... but I miss the "old" days like everyone :/

Yeah, guess you can't use Garbodor then. In regards to VirGen, why fix what isn't broken? Not sure if it will be as playable, but that deck has had quite a lot of success

Remember, a m gengar can copy the G Booster attack as well - so running a spirit link and max potion, effectively allows you to mirror g booster genesect - and its much easier to discard energies with Gengar than genesect and with 220 hp can take a g booster to the face [Another piece of proof people are underestimating the use of M-Gengar]. Also the non trevenant version of Donphan works better (focusing on sigi/snorlax) than trevenant anyways. With trevenant you have too many things at risk with a darkness weakness and yveltal-ex isn't going to go away. Snorlax is a 130 hitpoint blocking wall that allows you to more efficiently run your deck then running extra resources [and a max potion or 2 with the new lysandres last resort helps you absorb damage when needed too.

I agree for a Mewtwo EX as it counters things like Keldeo/Blastoise which is something that Gengar will not copy with ease, but try to get out of the Landorus/Garbodor decks. I suggest you put a water type in there, just to get rid of the threat.

Archived