Probabities

Hyouzou

Hey there, Pokémon trainers.

I'm coming to post here to know if anyone has noticed a problem with the coin flip system.

Since I've started playing, I can swear that my opponent, the bot, obtains a heads when flipping a coin about 90% of the time. And I get a tails almost everytime. Except for when I choose tails at the beginning of the game. I always choose tails, and always get heads. Last match, I've chosen heads, and guess what ? Got tails.

Isn't it just incredible ?

I know this kind of things is possible, but it's just ridiculously rare. That's why I wanted to know if other players have the same problem. I can't believe it's just a matter of luck. For me, there's clearly a problem with how it's coded, otherwise it was programmed in order to give a very significant advantage to the computer player, which sounds utterly ridiculous.

Greetings!

We have seen other users suggest the same thing time and time again, however there is no biased that was programmed into the system to make it any harder or easier for either player. Trust me, I've gotten 8 tails in a row on certain coin flips, and I understand how it can be frustrating. But that is the nature of the game.

Hope this helps!

Prof Proto

"Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up makes it permanent"

I play in real life with my boyfriend and guess what? I always choose heads and 90% of the time i start the game! XD

He said i was playing with a tricked coin.

Oi mister Prof!!! Are the coins in real life made so that they don't tend to fall on one side more then the other? lol

Maybe if you attach buttered bread, or maybe a cat to it to the coin, there is a possibility.

I'll make sure to look into this ;)

Prof Proto

Centurion Moderator

"Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up makes it permanent"

Hey there, Pokémon trainers.

I'm coming to post here to know if anyone has noticed a problem with the coin flip system.

Since I've started playing, I can swear that my opponent, the bot, obtains a heads when flipping a coin about 90% of the time. And I get a tails almost everytime. Except for when I choose tails at the beginning of the game. I always choose tails, and always get heads. Last match, I've chosen heads, and guess what ? Got tails.

Isn't it just incredible ?

I know this kind of things is possible, but it's just ridiculously rare. That's why I wanted to know if other players have the same problem. I can't believe it's just a matter of luck. For me, there's clearly a problem with how it's coded, otherwise it was programmed in order to give a very significant advantage to the computer player, which sounds utterly ridiculous.

It happens the same for me too...

Of course it's possible and it's the nature of the game, but seriously... Your opponent gets head something like 15 times in a row, and YOU always get tails, and though you always choose tails at the beginning of the game you always get head.

I don't think anyone here understands how rare this case is.

Hey there Hyouzou! One way to get an idea of how random coin flips are would be to start 100 games and record the outcome. Instances and parables such as "I once lost 15 coin flips in a row!" will tend to stand out in people's memories more often than the balanced outcomes.

Archived