Your Thoughts on Pokkén Tournament?

MaSkullzOnFire

For those of you who don't know what Pokkén Tournament is it's a combination of the Pokémon franchise and the Tekken series and it's only coming to Japanese arcade; however seeing as it's a Pokémon version of Tekken we can expect to see a console release in the coming future.

The reveal video shows Lucario vs. Machamp brawling in a green rural area (could be a farm?) in a true Tekken-style fight. Another Pokémon that has been revealed is Blaziken.

Hmmm interesting .. The creators of the game said that they are aiming for making it part of the world championships along with the tcgc and vgc. Competitive Pokken would be truly something xP (like a Pokemon-only SSBros)

I just hope it gets ported over to the 3DS, since I don't have a Wii U.

There's also the fan project (that was created by people who also worked on the official anime) called Pokémon Type Wild, which got released a long time ago and is free to download on PC. It's pretty fun, and really solid considering it's a fan project.

I think a lot of people have been waiting for a game like this for a long time (i've also seen the fan made game). I am very interested to see what they do with non anthropomorphic Pokémon and non physical attacks.

I think so far the game graphics look amazing. I guess we just have to wait and see on what platform they release it on. It would be awesome to integrate it into the regular games so that you could breed and train your Pokémon and then transfer it to Pokkén.

From an anecdotal perspective, pretty much every fan of Pokemon wants this game. It may even inspire people to buy a Wii U, unfortunately, but fortunately for Nintendo

Archived