Bot Scanner for Public Trades

CyTails

Hey There

I've noticed that a LOT of Trades in Public Trades (Mainly from [Content removed - posting player information on the forums is not permitted. -Prof. Poplar]) are littering the list with Bad Trades (i.e. Asking for a Rare in exchange for a common) this is a problem as this can affect those coming into the game and don't know of how rare their cards can be and it can lead then to a unrecoverable bad trade, Anyone else agree with me on this one?

Bad trades have been with us since the beginning. In the past much worse trades could have been created so things have changed a lot. Most of these spam traders get bored after awhile and move on.

Once tokens start to get charged for trades this may settle down a little more.

But in the end, making things restrictive has side effect too, so they may not want to make it to difficult to trade because of these people.

The new search feature has made public much more useful so I would use that to get the most out of public.

Bad trades have been with us since the beginning. In the past much worse trades could have been created so things have changed a lot. Most of these spam traders get bored after awhile and move on.

Once tokens start to get charged for trades this may settle down a little more.

But in the end, making things restrictive has side effect too, so they may not want to make it to difficult to trade because of these people.

The new search feature has made public much more useful so I would use that to get the most out of public.

Good Point, I just get ticked off by these Spammers with the bad trades is all

don't think bot scanners would help solve this problem, just as easy to manually post bad trades

if players were inexperienced enough to think a tympole that deals 10 damage is worth trading for a seismitoad EX that deal 120 it might be worth them learning a lesson from that experience.

There are way too many trade spammers. I still think a separate ignore list for public trades would be the best way to go. This list wouldn't block that person's chat in the lobbies, but their trade offers won't show up for you in public any longer.

It wouldn't surprise me if there are people using bots to keep their trades updated. No way there are people patient enough to put up tens of similar junk trades every single day. Just now I'm browsing public and I have to scroll through several pages of one dude's stupid offers that I'm not interested in (after already having applied filters to my search).

Hello trainers!

This is a reminder that posting player information on the forums is not permitted, as it can lead to unfair accusations and flaming. If you think a player is abusing the system in any way, the best course of action is to report them in a private fashion. This can be done in-game by clicking on a player's silhouette in chat and clicking the exclamation point button. You can also report a player via the link in my signature by signing in and clicking "Ask a Question".

Regarding the suggestions here, I will be passing them up to the Dev team for consideration. In the meantime, this thread will remain open for discussion.

Thanks for your input!

Archived