Is there at least 1 legal pokemon card for all 719 Pokemon?

F0X7

If not, then can someone tell me the definitive number of Pokemon that have at least 1 currently legal card in the card game? This is probably not important to most players, but it's important to me so any definitive answer will be much appreciated.

Thank you.

If not, then can someone tell me the definitive number of Pokemon that have at least 1 currently legal card in the card game? This is probably not important to most players, but it's important to me so any definitive answer will be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Unfortuanetly No,

and I can't list all the pokemons that dont have a card legal in this format just yet. Although if you were to give me a Pokedex list i can easily mark all the pokemons have a card legal in this current format.

If your planning on collecting all cards good luck to you. Sounds fun.

Thanks for answering me. Could you estimate a % for me? As in the % of Pokemon that don't have a legal card? If it's anything over 2-3% then I don't want to get into the game. It would just seem pointless to me.

I appreciate it.

Honestly I feel it would be greater than 2-3% at the moment, since the rotation just happened. More sets will come into the rotation just like in every rotation though

Okay these are all pokemon (excluding Mega's) that have no card in the Extended format (Boundaries Crossed onwards to the New Unreleased set) , I have put down the names of the evo but its inclusive of the prevo's:

Parasect, Alakazam, Tentacruel, Dewgong, Gastly, Haunter, Seaking, Kabutops, Omastar, Meganium, Typlosion, Ariados, Pichu, Cleffa, Igglybuff, Bonsly, Sudowoodo, Sunflora, Unown, Mantyke, Mantine, Stanler, Smeargle, Tyrogue, Smoochum, Elekid, Tyranitar, Swampert, Linoone, Pelipper, Medicham, Zangoose, Seviper, Whiscash, Crawdaunt, Castform, Banette, Chingling, Chimecho, Wynaut, Huntail, Gorebyss, Regirock, Regice, Budew, Ramphardos, Bastiodon, Mothim, Wormadom, Gastrodon, Purugly, Mime Jr, Happiny, Munchlax, Arceus, Zygarde, Diancie?

Total: 96

However these are all cards (excluding Mega's) in addition to the above list that don't have a card in the Current Legal Format

but these cards would be in the format if you plan on collecting the cards from Black and white Base set onwards:

Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, Persain, Arcanine, Slowbro, Slowking, Marowak, Pinsir, Entei, Raikou, Ho-oh, Beautifly, Dustox, Ninjask, Shedinja, Probopass, Elektrike, Wailord, Registeel, Kyogre, Groudon, Kricketune, Ambipom, Hippowdon, Drilbur, Sawsbuck, Ferrothorn.

Total: 96 + 43 = 139

Okay these are all pokemon (excluding Mega's) that have no card in the Extended format (Boundaries Crossed onwards to the New Unreleased set) , I have put down the names of the evo but its inclusive of the prevo's:

Fearow, Sandshrew, Parasect, Primeape, Alakazam, Tentacruel, Dewgong, Gastly, Haunter, Seaking, Kabutops, Omastar, Meganium, Typlosion, Ariados, Pichu, Cleffa, Igglybuff, Bonsly, Sudowoodo, Sunflora, Unown, Mantyke, Mantine, Stanler, Smeargle, Tyrogue, Smoochum, Elekid, Tyranitar, Swampert, Linoone, Pelipper, Medicham, Zangoose, Seviper, Whiscash, Crawdaunt, Castform, Banette, Chingling, Chimecho, Wynaut, Huntail, Gorebyss, Regirock, Regice, Budew, Ramphardos, Bastiodon, Mothim, Wormadom, Gastrodon, Purugly, Mime Jr, Happiny, Munchlax, Arceus, Zygarde, Diancie?

Total: 102

However these are all cards (excluding Mega's) in addition to the above list that don't have a card in the Current Legal Format

but these cards would be in the format if you plan on collecting the cards from Black and white Base set onwards:

Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, Persain, Arcanine, Slowbro, Slowking, Marowak, Pinsir, Entei, Raikou, Ho-oh, Beautifly, Dustox, Ninjask, Shedinja, Probopass, Elektrike, Wailord, Registeel, Kyogre, Groudon, Kricketune, Ambipom, Hippowdon, Drilbur, Sawsbuck, Ferrothorn.

Total: 102 + 43 = 145

You missed one: Finneon, which doesn't have a legal card in Expanded as well...

That brings the total of non-legal in expanded to 103 AND current format to 146, excluding the upcoming Diancie.

Of course, some of them will come back to Standard-legal format, including Finneon, when Phantom Forces(Phantom Gate in Japan, which already has the set released in their region) is released in the US, meaning Finneon, and some others you may have listed, will have a tourney-legal card once again by the time the final day of the non-holiday-hours retail season begins on Silver Wednesday(a name that I call the Wednesday before Thanksgiving/Grey Thursday)... Can anyone find the others that will come back to Standard-legal come Phantom Forces?

Wow! Thanks for the detailed response. I see at a bare minimum there are over 100 Pokemon that cannot be legally used in the standard format. That's just too big of a chunk for me. I feel like all pokemon should have representation in the current format at all times in one form or another. I could live with 10 or less not being in the format, but 100 is just too much.

I'm sure most will disagree with me on that point, but to me it's like playing X and Y versions of the 3ds game and not being able to choose any of the 719 for your team. I just don't see the point with such limited options.

You missed one: Finneon, which doesn't have a legal card in Expanded as well...

That brings the total of non-legal in expanded to 103 AND current format to 146, excluding the upcoming Diancie.

Of course, some of them will come back to Standard-legal format, including Finneon, when Phantom Forces(Phantom Gate in Japan, which already has the set released in their region) is released in the US, meaning Finneon, and some others you may have listed, will have a tourney-legal card once again by the time the final day of the non-holiday-hours retail season begins on Silver Wednesday(a name that I call the Wednesday before Thanksgiving/Grey Thursday)... Can anyone find the others that will come back to Standard-legal come Phantom Forces?

Yeah I missed finneon along *** few other pokes because they're coming in the next set Phantom Gates which you've just mentioned :D Thanks.

Only Diancie which I don't know if its the first time but is one of the next sets Mascot but there's no scan of it being in the sets Booster pack :/

Wow! Thanks for the detailed response. I see at a bare minimum there are over 100 Pokemon that cannot be legally used in the standard format. That's just too big of a chunk for me. I feel like all pokemon should have representation in the current format at all times in one form or another. I could live with 10 or less not being in the format, but 100 is just too much.

I'm sure most will disagree with me on that point, but to me it's like playing X and Y versions of the 3ds game and not being able to choose any of the 719 for your team. I just don't see the point with such limited options.

Your welcome, I understand where your coming from. It'd be nice to see some cards like Swampert and Alakazam who havent had a single card since the end of Platinum era.

Fearow, Sandshrew, Parasect, Primeape, Alakazam, Tentacruel, Dewgong, Gastly, Haunter, Seaking, Kabutops, Omastar, Meganium, Typlosion, Ariados, Pichu, Cleffa, Igglybuff, Bonsly, Sudowoodo, Sunflora, Unown, Mantyke, Mantine, Stanler, Smeargle, Tyrogue, Smoochum, Elekid, Tyranitar, Swampert, Linoone, Pelipper, Medicham, Zangoose, Seviper, Whiscash, Crawdaunt, Castform, Banette, Chingling, Chimecho, Wynaut, Huntail, Gorebyss, Regirock, Regice, Budew, Ramphardos, Bastiodon, Mothim, Wormadom, Gastrodon, Purugly, Mime Jr, Happiny, Munchlax, Arceus, Zygarde, Diancie?

Total: 102

Total: 102 + 43 = 145

Wasn't Primeape printed in the Plasma Freeze as an uncommon card ? :P

Yup it is, I just ticked off pokemon from the pokedex list at the top of my head,

I couldnt picture any primeape and mankey in the legal sets hence why I left it.

if i had listed any wrong it'll be from from the sets Boundaries Crossed and Plasma Freeze :P

Also Fearow is coming next set so that can be removed too :)

Only Diancie which I don't know if its the first time but is one of the next sets Mascot but there's no scan of it being in the sets Booster pack :/

What we're getting is a translation of the Japanese promo Diancie.

I believe it should be pointed out Kadabra hasn't received a legal card since Skyridge, which is right before TPCi got the rights from Wizards.

D a m n you, Yuri Geller.

(why is that censored?)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived