Bulk Up

SebastianLugo

Yesterday I argue with a lot of players 5 maybe 6 players that said Bulk Up attack does 30 damge plus 30 more damage even if during the last turn Lucario was moved to the bench, I said repeteadly times that isn't possible cuz, if a pokemon retreat or evolve ALL EFFECTS ARE REMOVED, the those player send tickets to support and support reply that they can do Lucario do 30+30 let me tell you THIS IS WRONG!!! according to:

team compendium meta-rules item number 11th

http://pokegym.net/compendium-lvx.html#c2

Benching a Pokemon removes all Special Conditions on that Pokemon including Poisoned and Burned, and all Attack effects on that Pokemon that do not place a Marker (such as Imprison). (Apr 17, 2008 PUI Rules Team)

and then i asked in Professor forum (regardless i know that was right)

SebastianLugo

Professor

League Leader:

I i'm sure but, If i attack with Lucario's bulk up attack and in my opponent next turn he plays pokemon reversal and move Lucario to my bench if during my next turn I send back Lucario to the active spot bulk up only does 30 damage right?

cuz the effect resides on Lucario and moving Lucario to the bench ends the effect?

PokePop

League Owner

Premier Tournament Organizer

Tournament Organizer

Professor:

That would be correct!

i post the link of the post but, i doubt any can access to it unless are pokemon professor:

https://forums.pokemon.com/showthread.php?t=572

Support maybe need to ask 1st to Oficial pokemon Professor before giving a bad ruling info to the players, if they ask me in a kind way I'll answer kindly

Thanks in Advance.

To be more precise..

All effects from attacks are removed when the affected pokemon is moved ot the bench.

as is stated in the meta-ruling 11th item

Hello SebastianLugo:

The information you were given was not confirmed by any moderators associated with TPC.

Professors located on the pokemon.com Professor forums are only players who have been dedicated enough to earn the title Professor.

We have received your ticket via pokemon support regarding the issue and it will be handled appropriately.

Thank you!

Prof_Tech

Robot Sky Pirate Moderator!! YARGH!!

"Never let your sense of morals get in the way of doing what's right"

-Isaac Asimov

Hello SebastianLugo:

The information you were given was not confirmed by any moderators associated with TPC.

Professors located on the pokemon.com Professor forums are only players who have been dedicated enough to earn the title Professor.

We have received your ticket via pokemon support regarding the issue and it will be handled appropriately.

Thank you!

Prof_Tech

Robot Sky Pirate Moderator!! YARGH!!

"Never let your sense of morals get in the way of doing what's right"

-Isaac Asimov

PokePop is the most recognized judge but go ahead

Yeah, you're totally correct. Going to the bench removes every single effect/special conidtion on that Pokémon apart from certain ones that stick such as Special Metal energy on Metal Pokémon.

Archived