Unlimited mode to get unlimited rules :)

ciri_car

Hi, i played unlimited mode for some time(3-4 weeks) mostly using old prime/hgss era decks with some modification, but i would like if in unlimited mode we can have some old rules (my most wanted rule is 1st turn attack, my biggest reason for that is baby pokemons that if u go first and start with it it will be OHKO on ur opponent 1st with any EX/big non-EX pokemon that can attack with 1 energy, so we got no use of those baby pokemons)

If u guys can remember any other old rule that would be fun to have back in unlimited pls suggest :)

This does not matter much. Just go second and your baby pokemons would be fine. To me it does not make any sense to require new cards to follow old rules. As for baby pokemons, they could be very useful even in the current unlimited format. I play Pichu for the eelequaza deck myself and he is pretty good.

Yeah, let's give going first an even greater advantage. Because going first doesn't enough of that yet. While we're at it why don't we allow evolutions to go on turn 1 too, and let the guy going first start off with an extra energy attached to their active Pokémon.

LOL i just suggest that old rule from last year be back(it is nothing that will make game broken, it will just be true unlimited),

milennin next statment will be that player who start get auto-win xD

Just for the record, nobody liked that rule. Giving complete advantage to whoever won the game's first coin flip was a major balance issue. There was certainly an uproar about it back when it was first announced at the start of BW (before this, whoever went first couldn't play Supporters or Items-- er, Trainers on their first turn).

Hello ciri_car,

The Pokémon TCG Online aims to be as authentic as possible to the real-life TCG, meaning that all real-life TCG rules are implemented in the online game. Therefore, changing the rules of Unlimited mode is not a possibility. Furthermore, as Expanded format will be added to the game soon, the Dev team is currently uninterested in adding any other entirely new modes of play to the game.

I'll be closing this thread now. I hope this was helpful, and we appreciate your input and understanding regardless! :)

Archived