battling with older cards/sets?

MistyCalls

Just wondering if i am the only one who wishes older cards/sets were available to trade/battle with in pokemon tgc online. I'm not sure if there are a lot of people who feel this way or if i am one of the few who do but i just feel like so much of the fun in the game was taken away with the addition of EX and mega evolution cards.

Nowadays its like the game is pretty much forcing you to use these cards or else you don't stand a chance since almost everyone in pvp is using a mewtwo ex or any of the other extremely over powered cards. I personally love the base set of cards and the older sets like gym heroes, team rocket, jungle, etc. but would anyone else love to ever see the option of battling old school with the older sets of cards? not only would it level out the playing field for those without ex cards or those who simply don't find the fun in using them but it also is just way more appealing to me to have the option to use any set of cards in the game.

does anyone know if this is something that would ever be possible assuming that there was enough demand for it?...just curious to hear other peoples thought or comments on this.

I think it would be really fun to see if those old cards can stand up to the new game mechanics.

well they most likely wouldn't for obvious reasons but my idea wouldn't be to mix them in with the newer cards/game mechanics but to have the option of battling with them in a format with other people who want to use them as well.

Yes, I got into the TCG around when Boundaries Crossed was released. I never got to experience the older decks such as Garchomp/Luxray or anything of that sort. If they were added in game it would be memories galore for experienced players, much more to collect in game, and more options for players to use!

exactly...one of the main reasons i wish they would add the older cards into the game is for all the older fans and even newer fans who never got the chance to battle/use the older cards/sets....especially now that they are so hard to find but if there were all added to the online game we would all get to use them again....If only they had a format option to battle using cards from the older sets but obviously not mix them in with the new cards as they clearly wouldn't stand a chance. But idk it would be great for people like me who want to relive the original card game with the cards we grew up with and don't want to hundreds/thousands of dollars to use now.

Archived