Announcing attacks prior to Confusion coin flip

pyroguy333

I've noticed that if an opponent's Confused Pokemon fails the coin flip you have no way of knowing what attack they were trying to do, not even in the game log. The official rules state you have to announce what attack you're attempting prior to the Confusion coin flip.

For example, my opponent's Confused Blaziken has two equally viable attacks, I would like to know which they were attempting so I can plan my next turn accordingly. Were they attempting to hit me for 40 or were they willing to discard an Energy to hit me for 130? I, as the opponent, should know what attack they selected, even if it fails due to Confusion.

Hello trainer!

I'll submit your feedback to the Dev team for review. In the meantime, your thread will remain open for discussion.

As always, we appreciate your input!

why does that matter? there would be nothing you could do by then to change anything

I know that I can't change anything, but it's useful to know what they were attempting to do. For example, say a Sableye (DE) hurt itself in its Confusion. Was my opponent trying to damage/Confuse me with Confuse Ray or were they trying to get cards out of the discard pile with Junk Hunt? Chances are they're going to try the same attack next turn. If I see them use Confuse Ray I can use my next turn to plan accordingly and get out a Pokemon Center Lady. It matters that you know what attack they're doing for the sake of prediction and planning.

Archived