AI failing to use some items effectively

Stratadrake

There are certain cards the AI doesn't seem to know how to use properly, so it ends up wasting them, pretty much regardless of its difficulty setting (especially when played on Hard, where it should be expected to know better).

I know TCGO is a complicated game by nature, but some of these mistakes are so obvious I'm willing to call them actual bugs in the AI.

For example, in the City Championship, several trainers have Power Plus cards in their deck. I have seen several occasions where the AI plays one or more Power Plus cards then completely fails to attack (thus the card has no effect, as it only lasts for the same turn it is played). Specific examples I can relate:

(yesterday) - Facing Rika, after knocking out one of her Reshiram, she sends in her other Reshiram and uses Power Plus on it; but this Reshiram had no Energy yet, so it couldn't make any attacks.

(today) - In another match against Rika, her lead Pokemon was Registeel-EX and on her first turn she attached a Double Colorless Energy then used one Power Plus ... but Registeel needs at least 3 Energy to execute any of its attacks.

Better behavior on the AI's part would be that it doesn't play Power Plus cards unless it is able to execute an attack during that turn.

Hi Stratadrake,

The Dev team is aware of inopportune actions taken by the AI in Trainer Challenge and continually works toward improving its functionality. Since this is a known issue, I'll be closing this thread. Please feel free to create a new thread or submit a ticket via the link in my signature if you come across any other issues.

We appreciate your report!

Archived