Cobalion-EX does not have the EX suffix

Kurai-Norai

As the title states, both the reg. & FA Cobalion-EX (Plasma Storm, #93 and 133 respectively) just appear as "Cobalion" in the Trades section; missing it's EX suffix

I noticed, and looked at their sets to see if the exes are the only versions of their species within the entire set, and found this out:

They probably omitted the EX suffix in this case because there's no non-ex version of its kind anywhere within the same set that the ex is included in, a case that also applies to latias, latios, among other cases similar to cobalion's, but I could be wrong...

Virizion has another regular form within Plasma Blast, while landorus has a regular, but plasma, form in Japanese at the same time as Boundaries Crossed, and I believe that just disproved your point in that regard... Same set can also be same timeframe as the ex of same species, regardless of country the species was printed in.

Jammer87, it doesnt really matter why it was done, it is still a problem. That's the point and that's what people want fixed.

As for the issue itself. It seems as if it affects EX-pokemon in the sets Plasma Storm and Plasma Freeze.

PLS: Moltres-EX, Victini-EX, Articuno-EX, Zapdos-EX, Cobalion-EX, Black Kyurem-EX (Black Ballista), White Kyurem-EX (White Inferno), and Lugia-EX.

PLF: Heatran-EX, Thundurus-EX, Deoxys-EX, Latias-EX, Latios-EX, and Tornadus-EX (Plasma Tornadus).

It affects both regular-art and full-art versions of these EX-Pokemon (Moltres-EX, Zapdos-EX, Black Kyurem-EX and White Kyurem-EX do not have full-art versions).

What we need to do is see what the name change affects. I tested with Lugia-EX (PLS) and Lugia-EX (Promo). I also tested with Deoxys-EX (Reg-Art PLF), Deoxys-EX (FA PLF), and Deoxys-EX (Promo). The name change bug does not allow you to bypass the "no more than 4 copies in a deck" rule, so it has not affected that function. I hope other people can test the other cards in these lists to see if multiple versions of the same card can be put into a deck. Also, some of these EX-Pokemon have non-EX versions, so someone should test to see the name change prohibits both the EX and the non-EX from having 4 each in a deck.

It is an annoying problem with trade searching in the public trade listings. If I wanted to search for a deoxys-ex (PLF), I would have to leave off the -EX suffix for the PLF versions to show up. If I type out "Deoxys-EX", then the promo version is the only version that shows up.

Based on everything I have seen, it seems as if the name change bug has only affected the display name of the card, and not the functional name of the card. A programmer will understand that distinction. Again, I hope others can test the other cards and report their findings so we can see what it affects and report it to the programmers.

Hello trainers!

I have submitted this to the Dev team for investigation. We appreciate your patience while they look for a fix! I'll be closing this thread now. Please feel free to create a new thread or submit a ticket via the link in my signature if you come across any other bugs to report.

Thanks for your reports and your patience!

Archived