HeartGold/SoulSilver Series Cards Should Have More Access

apple57485

Hello! Pokemon Community , Players, Moderators and Development Team alike :)

HeartGold SoulSilver , Unleashed, Undaunted, Triumphant, and Call of Legends Cards or Booster Packs are very hard to come by these days, and should have more availability to the public because players (like myself) do not want to pay 1-6 packs on trading threads just for a single card that isn't even an Ultra Rare. The availability of these cards have been getting lower and lower as times goes, which makes it very hard for players to complete their collections and build viable unlimited decks.

Ways to grant more access:

A) Add HeartGold SoulSilver , Unleashed, Undaunted, Triumphant, and Call of Legends to the Wheel.

Pros: Everyone has more access to these cards.

Cons: The people who have the cards/packs have their cards devalued.

B) Add them into the Trainer Shop allowing all Pokemon Trainers to buy Packs from any expansion they wish.

Pros: Everyone has access to these cards, Traders and Collector still have their Value in these Cards/Packs.

Cons: Cards will be untradable.

C) Use them as Special Tournament Awards.

Pros: This awards these rare items to winners of Tournaments making them not as rare, but still somewhat rare.

Cons: Not everybody has full access to these cards.

While this may be upsetting for the vetrans' with all the cards, the rest of the community would love some support from the development team in making these Hard To Find Heartgold SoulSilver Series Cards less hard to find :)

Thank you for reading through this suggestion post :)

Absolutely. I would absolutely love it if they provide a reliable method for easy access to HGSS packs/cards. Yeah, that would mean I overpaid for my own HGSS packs and cards, but I personally don't mind. This idea being implemented means I won't have to trade more limbs of mine to further expand my HGSS collection.

I strongly approve of this suggestion.

A) If they were to be added to the bonus wheel, it should be made optional. Bonus wheel rewards are a great way for players to improve their decks, and cards from rotated formats would make it a much worse source of that. You'd need to trade them for something useful, and since their demand is very low and their value is very hard to determine, it could be tricky.

B) The only con of that suggestion is that new players not familiar with the game, who already might have trouble choosing what packs to buy, might accidentally use their tokens buy boosters with cards that are no longer legal in modified. At least there should be very visible notifications that the cards can only be used in unlimited, as well as what that means (something like "These cards can't be used in most game modes, only the unlimited format.")

C) Yes, but only for unlimited tournaments (if those will ever happen)

i dont know why modified format is a problem on ptcgo.

in real life i get it cause that are the rules for the tournaments, but online everybody can play unlimited.

so i dont know why new players should only get cards for modified, if you want to play against the best you have to play unlimited anyways.

i think its a great suggestion, all of those 3 options are good and i hope they ll add the older packs in the next couple of weeks.

Although HGSS-COL series cards are getting much are to find nowadays, the majority of the players who do have them value them a lot. I myself have gotten a lot of them by trading away full arts, secret rares and much more. I find that if these cards now begin to have easy access, their value will go down a lot and the people who do currently have them will be losing much value. People who even want these older cards usually have enough to trade away to get them, so nothing more should be done with these cards, excluding wheel prizes with the promos :)

Although HGSS-COL series cards are getting much are to find nowadays, the majority of the players who do have them value them a lot. I myself have gotten a lot of them by trading away full arts, secret rares and much more. I find that if these cards now begin to have easy access, their value will go down a lot and the people who do currently have them will be losing much value. People who even want these older cards usually have enough to trade away to get them, so nothing more should be done with these cards, excluding wheel prizes with the promos :)

Good point, it's probably best to think of them as collector's items. So even if they are added to the store, make them cost more at least 3x as many tokens as the legal packs. That way it becomes something players can use their extra tokens for when they have full playsets of everything they want to use.

Those who use PTCGO as platform to test and train for competitive tournaments don't need the cards, and the new cards' design and the current ruleset are balanced around BW-on and adapted in west for BCR-on, old cards don't really have a place in the game unless you play with some complex custom set of rules. Therefore the older cards are definitely not a necessity for players, and therefore their limited availability doesn't make the pay-to-win worse at all.

PTCGO's goal is to have give the players to have a lot of fun playing in this client :) One of the ways to do this is for the Unlimited format to have it's cards more easily obtainable.

Trainer Tokens costs whether it's 95 or 295, the cards are still untradable, so why make them cost more?

Guest ArtichokeCat

The idea of putting HGSS packs in the Shop sounds great!

Then the newer players will also be able to build Unlimited decks with older cards.

Hello apple57485!

I'll submit your suggestions to the Dev team for review and leave your thread open for discussion in the meantime.

As always, we appreciate your input!

Archived