Instillation issues help!

yanik342

Recently i had the game on my PC which was the day before the Sept 3 update. I carry my laptop to the shop to be re installed etc (not the first) . Download the game an all and i'm now getting an error. "Oops! The crash report folder named 2014-09-04_120416 next to the game executable. It would be great if you'd send it to the developer of the game"

Please help!!!!! That is the exact error message i'm getting...

Have you tried checking--and following--the steps mentioned on the sticky on top of subforum page?

If you didn't, and you don't understand how to do so using a Mac, follow these steps:

1. Uninstall PTCGO and all its content

2. Reinstall PTCGO. Do not open Refresher or PTCGO yet.

3. Duplicate PTCGO and Refresher to your applications folder.

4. Open Refresher and PTCGO from the ejectable white disk image (this is where you would expect it to work but was/is not working for many)

5. Refresher should update but buttons will not function, game will not launch etc.

6. Delete the clone of Refresher in the Apps folder

7. Duplicate Refresher from white disk image to the Apps folder again

8. Eject the disk image of PTCGO (should be under devices)

9. Go to the finder glass, in the top right by default, and search "Refresher" it should show up under apps. Click it

10. PTCGO should now be working

^ I may not be a mod, but thanks to pokegym for the reference I found that I believe will help you in terms of successfully getting PTCGO to install w/o hitches...

Howdy,

There are a few things that you can try, including lowering your desktop resolution before loading TCGO. Right click on your desktop, select resolution and try 1024x768. If you make it in to TCGO, please set game performance to "Fastest" and lower your in-game resolution (again, try 1024x768) to ensure that crashing does not continue.

If you continue to have issues, please check your current refresh rate. Again, right click on your desktop, selection resolution, then go to the "advanced" section. Click on the "monitor" tab and try lowering your refresh rate to 60 if it is set above 60.

Typically reinstalling the game sorts out most issues, but you have to make sure that you remove all of the files; including any downloads of the installation file that you may have. Be sure to empty your trash after deleting them.

1. Go to the Programs and Features section your computer's Control Panel. Select the game and uninstall it.
  2. Go to the directory where the game was installed. The default directory is C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData.
  3. The game stores files in the LocalLow and Roaming folders. Go into the LocalLow folder and delete the "The Pok_mon Company International" folder. Go into the Roaming folder and delete the "Pokemon Trading Card Game Online" folder.
  4. Empty your Recycle Bin.

Archived