Unlimited Card: Wally's Training Rulings?

Ade4265

Can I use Wally's Training on the my first turn to evolve my active Pokemon?

---------------------------------------------------------------

85-wally%27s-training.jpg

I read the rulings for it on a thing called Pokemon compendium EX on Pokegym and it said you could.

Are those official rulings?

Yup. I didn't check that place for this ruling, I shoulda really but...

Yeah, the Compendium LV.X is a resource used by many P!P Judges/Tournament Organizers all over the world. It is probably the best and without a doubt the most reliable resource for card rulings.

no you can not because it says it counts as evolving your pokemon, which is illegal first turn hope that helped :)

Actually, the card would have to SAY that it can't be used on the first turn in order for that to be true.

Because according to the TCG rules, if the cards break the rules of the game, the cards take priority.

Look here at the card text of the Trainer-Item card Rare Candy.

Choose 1 of your Basic Pokémon in play. If you have a Stage 2 card in your hand that evolves from that Pokémon, put that card on the Basic Pokémon. (This counts as evolving that Pokémon.) You can't use this card during your first turn or on a Basic Pokémon that was put into play this turn.

* Errata applied.

Wally's Training's card text does not say that at all. So evolving on the 1st turn is legal.

In fact, you can evolve normally without using Wally's Training, and then play said card to evolve again. However, the reverse is illegal--and this tactic is illegal on the 1st turn, as no normal evolutions are allowed.

But again, forced evolutions by a Trainer card or Attack effect, is.

If the card doesn't say you can't, you can. That's usually how it goes.

And, if the card happens to break the rules of the game, the card takes the priority.

I read the rulings for it on a thing called Pokemon compendium EX on Pokegym and it said you could.

Are those official rulings?

Yes, those are official rulings. But I did not see the exact rule for this card on there..

Archived