Drowzee (FuF 35) - first attack broken

Azbats

Even though the opponent was asleep they got to wake up even though I attacked with Sinister Suggestion. This is an issue with the updated version and had worked in the previous version.

I believe the coin flip to see whether a Pokémon wakes up from the Asleep status occurs after one player's turn has finished, and before the next player's turn starts. Since the coin flip occurs between turns, Sinister Suggestion doesn't affect it - so I think, according to the rules, this is actually a fix.

I believe the coin flip to see whether a Pokémon wakes up from the Asleep status occurs after one player's turn has finished, and before the next player's turn starts. Since the coin flip occurs between turns, Sinister Suggestion doesn't affect it - so I think, according to the rules, this is actually a fix.

That sounds correct - Sinister Suggestion says "during your opponent's turn" and coin flips for burns/asleep occur between turns, so it is not a bug.

Imagine the plight of a Burned+Asleep Pokemon if that weren't the case - Drowzee would be able to keep it asleep indefinitely while it constantly suffers burn damage.

iMatio and Stratadrake are correct. The Asleep flip occurs between turns, so Sinister Suggestion does not affect it. This is working as intended.

Archived