New player, what cards/deck should I shoot for?

Clawshrimpy

Hi there, I've just recently started playing, I'm still working on doing the single player stuff, but I kinda want to move into actually expanding my collection, so I wanted to know if I wanted to buy codes for packs/theme decks, which packs/themes I should buy, what kind of decks I should shoot for, or how I should get started with building my collection and building decks?

I'm just a little lost with how many theme decks and different types of booster packs there are, so I donno which ones to get codes for.

Im assuming you mean the Tokens / Coins you get (the in game currency) you should get a good theme deck with them, they should cost 500 tokens, and play in Ranked Mode (after you unlocked it by playing 5 practice games), and use the theme deck in the Theme Deck Battles, which should earn you Wheel Spins after each game, in which you may get More Tokens, Tournament Tickets and Mystery Rewards. For the coins, you should continue this process buying the good theme decks, and playing in this mode, until you feel like with the Mystery Rewards you have gotten enough to start a collection (whether it's packs or cards). You probably should keep the Trainer Cards you get from the wheel, but trade off the energies / promos to others for packs, which you can spend on Inexpensive Decks (Like Round and Flareon N Friends) to start playing ranked.

Some Good Theme Decks To Get:

Froakie (XY Starter Deck)

Xerneas (XY Base)

Pangoro (Furious Fists)

Im assuming you mean the Tokens / Coins you get (the in game currency) you should get a good theme deck with them, they should cost 500 tokens, and play in Ranked Mode (after you unlocked it by playing 5 practice games), and use the theme deck in the Theme Deck Battles, which should earn you Wheel Spins after each game, in which you may get More Tokens, Tournament Tickets and Mystery Rewards. For the coins, you should continue this process buying the good theme decks, and playing in this mode, until you feel like with the Mystery Rewards you have gotten enough to start a collection (whether it's packs or cards). You probably should keep the Trainer Cards you get from the wheel, but trade off the energies / promos to others for packs, which you can spend on Inexpensive Decks (Like Round and Flareon N Friends) to start playing ranked.

Some Good Theme Decks To Get:

Froakie (XY Starter Deck)

Xerneas (XY Base)

Pangoro (Furious Fists)

Hey, thanks! But I also wanted to know, if I wanted to spend some real money into the game, if I go to a store that sells physical cards (and I wanna redeem some boosters) which boosters should I guet/which boosters should I avoid? I know theyre are blocks and a rotation of the format sorta like other card game, I heard a bunch of older cards were just rotated out, so I don't want to make a bad purchase when i'm buying cards for my collection. :3

That being said, knowing what to do witht he coins is all well and good, too!

My opinion, avoid anything before Boundaries Crossed. Most of the cards are illegal and the ones that aren't can be easily obtained. But the ones to go for are Boundaries Crossed, any Plasma pack and Furious Fists, But, if you want to get some useful cards that can still be legal, try Legendary Treasures. Avoid XY, Flashfire. Most of the " Good Cards" Lost their luster due to the rotaition ( Which, if you haven't heard, is Next Destinies, Dark Explorers, Dragons Exalted and Dragon Vault.)

You also said about playing the paper version? If you are, then get anything from the BLW era as well as XY era, BLW-on is the current format for day 2. Since you are going to be new, follow my advice until you think you can make day 2.

Archived