pyroar is broken

Noctune

The card prevents players solely relying on Basic Pokémon. To rely on Basic Pokémon alone (whether EX or not) is just silly. If anything, Pyroar encourages players to expand their decks and to not just fill it up with EX cards.

That being said, however, Latias-EX is one of the very few Basic Pokémon, if not the only one, that can take down Pyroar. So if you're ever worried about coming across a couple in a deck just throw in a couple of Latias-EX. Job done. Pyroar is now useless.

You can also attach either Rock Guard or Rocky Helmet to your active Pokémon and use it as a sacrifice. That way Pyroar still takes damage, and if you use a Hypnotoxic Laser with Virbank City Gym the opponents Pyroar is going to go down in a couple of turns.

My point is that Pyroar may seem tough but with the right combination of cards it take be taken down just as easily as any other Pokémon.

Don't forget about those EXs with the Mega forms. The Mega form is not considered a basic stage so they can destroy the Pyroar (which is unfortunate for me since that's my best deck :/)

I think Toxicroak EX can work well to knock out Pyroar especially in conjunction with Virbank City Gym.

Unless they have a Sparkling Robe to counteract it.

Oh, don't forget about Garbador's Garbatoxin ability... and pretty muh any Pokemon with burn/poison attacks (though, as mentioned, Sparkling Robes can stop this... unless you had a tool discarder)

A Pokemon or card in general is only broken if it forces a majority of competent players to construct their decks outside of convention. A lot of people like to use Garbotoxin since so many people like using abilities, Pyroar's ability doesn't protect it from status effects, Genesect-Ex has the G-Booster to deal with it, and then there are other EXs with moves that can check it like Cobalion and Latias. Pyroar may be an obstacle, but it isn't broken.

I have a team plasma deck with genesect ex and G Booster. I have to play Glaceon (Plasma Freeze) and Eevee (both two times) to counter Pyroar. Do you have any other ideas? I don't like to play my deck that way as Eevee is useless, if you don't get Glaceon or the opponnent doesn't paly Pyroar. G Booster doesn't help as the opponent uses Megaphones against it. Do you have any better ideas? I don't want to change too much cards.

• 2 weeks later...

u can kill pyroar with all nice ex cards if u have garbodor with tool card attached in your bench :D

check garbodor's ability and make a good anti-pyroar deck :D

i love watching it happen but pyroar just tears up ex like they are nothing

Do people complain as much about other Pokemon that can take down an EX with relative ease?

Let's see...

- Sigilyph (Legendary Treasures) and Suicune (Plasma Blast): Safeguard ability makes them immune to Pokemon-EX (excepting anyone who can bypass the Ability, like Cobalion-EX and Latias-EX)

- Team Plasma Jolteon (Plasma Freeze): Electri-Defuse prevents the defending Pokemon-EX from attacking (this WILL stop a Latias-EX dead, and is not affected by Garbotoxin)

Archived