Discussion for a new Pokemon TCG video game

Bluelatios

Its been over 10 years since the Pokemon TCG for gameboy. Many fans have probably once thought about whether Nintendo should make a sequel for a current or future console. It would have a story,lots of CPU's, and the ability to play worldwide with people, much like this awesome website! Discuss your opinions on such a game, it would be amazing if Nintendo did it someday!

I believe this tcg online site is enough.....No more vidio games should be neccesary....However a ds tcg game would be realy cool....Wii too...actually....I change my mind....A tcg vidio game wouldn't be to bad!

Its been over 10 years since the Pokemon TCG for gameboy. Many fans have probably once thought about whether Nintendo should make a sequel for a current or future console. It would have a story,lots of CPU's, and the ability to play worldwide with people, much like this awesome website! Discuss your opinions on such a game, it would be amazing if Nintendo did it someday!

I will say this - the DS / 3DS would be the perfect platform. Touch based interface and the bottom screen could show your play area (which you'd use the touch screen to manipulate), while the top screen would show your opponent's play area which you do not need to touch. Bring back Dr. Mason and his creepy winks at the end of emails! ;-)

And of course the rules engine here at TCGo would be fairly simple to port to DS libraries for someone who knew their stuff.

Of course the decision to do something like this would be made by folks who will never hear this, but it's still a nice thought. I'm already thrilled about the online version, though, so no complaints here regular_smile.png

A TCG Game for the 3DS would be absolutely perfect.....add in online....and spotpass (random card when you pass someone maybe ? or something..) and it actually would be so good! :D

Would be absolutely fantastic! Plus, I think the tcg game boy color game attack graphics were pretty unique :)

The newbie to forums

i still have my pokemon tcg for gameboy. still got my favourite decks saved as my 4 ready to equip decks!

got my blastoise rain dance deck, with Lapras, dewgong and articuno

my HAYMAKER deck with Hitmonchan, Electabuzz and scyther.

my ol' reliable charizard deck, which runs fossil magmar, and rapidash, as the only other pokemon in the deck!

and a mono grass deck that abuses Venasuars poke power with the Pokemon center item, with base set Koffing, venamoth and scyther to desturb things up a bit

I would so love to see a tcg for the ds systems. I remember the cards that were just for the game only and not made in real life. I think it was the 3 birds where they did a "random" thing when played down.

Moltres had the effect of Interviewers questions getting fire energy from the first 10 or so random cards in the deck.

Zapdos did 70 damage to a random pokemon in play (both yours and the oponents) excluding Zapdos (the one who just used it.

Articuno flipped a coin, if heads the oponent is paralyzed!

there was also a GB Ditto, because the game couldn't handle fossil Ditto, and the same with Base Set Electrode so made a GB card for it. the also did a Flareon Jolteon and Vaporeon, who only needed colourless energy, and could be put in any deck!!!

What if you had an ipod application of the game? i think that would revolutionize the pokemon world to adding another way to play

I also think it would be neat if the game could be updated to include more and more cards, kind of like a system update on the Wii or 3DS. Yeah, connecting to this website is definitely a plus too!

@ Bluelatios:

I'm sure that updates would be natural for a web game (like version 1.0, 1.1, etc.), and, besides this thing getting out of beta, being able to use the new sets as they come is one of the things that I'm looking forward to!

(BTW, aren't Latios usually blue? tounge_smile.png)

@ Bluelatios:

I'm sure that updates would be natural for a web game (like version 1.0, 1.1, etc.), and, besides this thing getting out of beta, being able to use the new sets as they come is one of the things that I'm looking forward to!

(BTW, aren't Latios usually blue? tounge_smile.png)

I believe he was referring to a console version of the TCG by that post.

But a 3DS Version of TCGO does sound like a good idea to me, and it allows a bit more power and resources to be put into single player.

But ofcourse you'll have to worry about the hackers of the offline mode.

And I'm pretty sure we have even more complicated and confusing effects since the old Game Boy days, I would like to see how that turns out...

But lets worry about developing on a different platform once TCGO generates enough capital (get enough money).

Oh well. Do the Professors (moderators) have anything to say about a console release of the TCG?

The console game should have all the sets from Base Set 1 onwards in it too! You could have challenge decks where you have matches were youd have to use the e-sets to build your deck (expedition, aquapolis, skyridge etc.) so that you have to use all the cards you earn, the game would be HUGE! I'd love it!

What if you had an ipod application of the game? i think that would revolutionize the pokemon world to adding another way to play

Nintendo and Apple are in direct competiton in the handheld market, they wouldn't do that. =p

It would be a great idea to make this. It would be even better if the online mode was fully compatable with TCGO here on this website. So you can do everything you can here but on the go.

Well if Wii and 3DS had flash support on the internet browser, the game could easily be played online, it would also need to tie into Nintendo Wi-fi connection. The 3DS has some major security added, that nobody is really sure how it works. And for good reason, cause it keeps the hackers away! I'll bet action replay wont work either. Btw, I think the original blue Latios is the coolest so it was the best name for me :). It has a nice ring and sounds better than just Latios. on other forums, Latios would probably be taken already too, and Latios#### wouldnt sound cool.

Archived