Latias EX FE ERRATA

NightmareXCH

Hi,

i am a player new,

I need to know what is the rule or "FE ERRATA"

is to play the card Latias EX,

because I thought they could only give direct damage and a few days ago they attacked me with Mewtwo with attack "X ball" and and also have me confused.:( :confused:

PD: before hand thank you very much and sorry if this was not the place of the post

Latias Ex- ability bright down

prevent all effect of attack, including damage, done to this

pokemon by your opponent´s Pokemon with abilities.

My question is: which is the "FE ERRATA" or restriction?

WITH RESPECT TO THE SAME

Attack "x ball" deals damage to Latias Ex or not?

for example for the ability Latias -EX, would help me in a fit of pokemon:Greninja: ability-watershuriken??? or not??

Yes. Any Pokémon with an ability (Greninja, Suicune, Sigilyph, Pyroar, Lugia-EX, Genesect-EX, Virizion-EX, etc) will not be able to damage Latias-EX.

So, for example, take the ability "Safeguard" that Suicune and Sigilyph use. In under normal circumstances Latias-EX wouldn't be able to do any damage to them but because of its "Barrier Break" attack it reverses the roles. It can do damage to them but they can't do damage to it because of it's "Bright Down" ability.

Any Pokémon without ability like Mewtwo-EX can still do damage.

yea i still don't understand what fe errata is supposed to mean.

but seems like the other guys have sort of answered your questions

I will say however, greninja's water shuriken ability will be able to damage Latias, even though its own attack Mist Slash would not

normally you will find the answer if you read the description of the ability/attack properly

yea i still don't understand what fe errata is supposed to mean.

but seems like the other guys have sort of answered your questions

I will say however, greninja's water shuriken ability will be able to damage Latias, even though its own attack Mist Slash would not

normally you will find the answer if you read the description of the ability/attack properly

While you are absolutely correct that Latias EX is still affected by Abilities that an opponent uses on it, I would like to point out that Greninja's Mist Slash is not affected by any effects on the defending Pokémon, and that means Bright Down can't prevent it.

That said, I'm totally with you in not understanding what errata is supposed to be in play here.

Hi NightmareXCH,

Latias-EX's Bright Down Ability states: Prevent all effects of attacks, including damage, done to this Pokémon by your opponent's Pokémon with Abilities.

As Mewtwo-EX does not have any Abilities, the X-Ball attack can be used successfully.

Other trainers have done an awesome job of explaining the Bright Down ability here. :)

If you believe that this isn't functioning as intended, or if you are playing the game in another language and believe there is a translation error, please let us know.

Thanks for your report and your patience! :)

Hi all,

first of all thank you very much for your answers and patience,

I'm from the country as Chile so game format in Spanish,

where truth if one is new to playing, reading may initially translated

lead to misinterpretations, but reading carefully means that only prevents the effect and damage the "ability".

the latter speak of "FE ERRATA" as recently buy a deck of cards and had a section of a document that said the title "FE ERRATA" for the new letter "pokemon catcher".

Please excuse me if I'm not using appropriate vocabulary, before hand thank you very much for your attention.

Hi again NightmareXCH!

I see what you mean! "Errata" is the term used when a card receives an update to its text that changes or clarifies the way a card works. Pokémon Catcher received an errata that added text: Flip a coin. If heads, switch 1 of your opponent's Benched Pokémon with his or her Active Pokémon. Therefore, this card now requires a coin flip when it did not previously.

Versions of this card produced prior to the XY series will not have this text printed directly on them, but they still require the coin flip due to the errata. XY and later versions of this card will have this new text printed on them.

I hope this was helpful!

While you are absolutely correct that Latias EX is still affected by Abilities that an opponent uses on it, I would like to point out that Greninja's Mist Slash is not affected by any effects on the defending Pokémon, and that means Bright Down can't prevent it.

That said, I'm totally with you in not understanding what errata is supposed to be in play here.

my bad on the Mist Slash, forgot the exact description for it

Archived