Ranks?

tmp200

When you choose to play a player in Versus, you have two options, Practice or Ranked. Ranked play is where you get paired up against someone who is around the same rank as you, but I'm wondering why we can't see what we are ranked. I've played countless games on PTCGO but it seems like I never get paired up with my skill level. I suggest you put in some kind of visual ranking system so I can see where my I rank against other players, and even challenge my friends to see who can get higher and higher. Thank you for reading!

I to am not sure what I am ranked but I would love to know. I have one custom deck I play random Versus matches with. I am at a 55% winning rate at the moment. I got this percent by dividing wins with one deck by how many games I have played with that one deck. You can find this info in 'Deck Manager". I don't know how the Ranking is picked. I was under the impression that you played either any ranked player which could be any one on the server or you play a player near your winning percentage with the deck you chose to battle with. At least this is what I have come up with as what goes on. Because a person has different winning percentages with different decks, it would seem right that you would be paired up against someone's deck that they chose that is close to the same winning percentage that the deck you chose to play with.

"Ranked games allow you to progress and play against better and better trainers"

This quote is what it says in the game when selecting 'Ranked' 'Game Type" So I guess you play better players but like half my games I have advantage. I would like to hear what it really is. I would like the game to have a Ranking of players on wins and loses with all decks but I was thinking that this data was not saved and recorded. I think a persons Rank would be based differently on the custom deck they created. Most people have more then one custom deck and so they would have more then one ranking. I guess the number one ranked player would be picked on their winning percentage with one of their decks. Maybe a moderator could say if I am right or not.

I agree, there's not enough information that surrounds ranked games? Are you, the player ranked? Or is it your deck's win percentage than determines your rank? If you lose a ranked game, does your rank go down? I wish it was possible to see your rank and knew more about how it worked!

Other games hide your true ranking for casual players' sake. Some games have a kind of hybrid system that may be a good compromise between the hardcore and the casual. I look at Starcraft 2's ranking system and that looks like it could work. Then again, starcraft you could observe games too and I would love that as well.

Hi tmp200,

I'll submit your feedback and suggestion to the Dev team for review and leave your thread open for discussion in the meantime.

As always, we appreciate your input!

Any ranking system is meaningless until PTCGO cleans up the bugs and eliminates auto-losses due to timing out before matches even begin.

Unless I open up my decks in the Deck Manager and wait for each card to load before heading over to PvP, I lose the first match of the day EVERY time due to timing out. My "winning percentage" for my main unlimited deck dropped from 96% (based on hundreds of matches) to about 85% before finally figuring this out.

• 5 months later...

I to am not sure what I am ranked but I would love to know. I have one custom deck I play random Versus matches with. I am at a 55% winning rate at the moment. I got this percent by dividing wins with one deck by how many games I have played with that one deck. You can find this info in 'Deck Manager"

That information is meaningless for estimating your actual VS rank because it also counts unranked VS and play testing.

I agree I think to be honest the team should work harder on the game features. We have ranks but don't know what they are or how they are earned. It says "advantaged" but why? Is it because I am a higher rank? Is it because my deck has won more than theirs etc. It frankly isn't very logical to rank people and not show them their rank.

I agree I think to be honest the team should work harder on the game features. We have ranks but don't know what they are or how they are earned. It says "advantaged" but why? Is it because I am a higher rank? Is it because my deck has won more than theirs etc. It frankly isn't very logical to rank people and not show them their rank.

Well absolutely a good point, arcangelgold. I completely agree, over that. I hope that the development team reads that and give us our ranks and also tell us how they calculate it in the next update patch notes. This would be helpful to all the players and as for new players, they shouldn't play to the experienced players until they become experienced themselves.

Archived