Can't launch it

ErReQu4ttro

Hi,

i just downloaded the game some hours ago, then i installed it on default folder but when i try to launch it, it opens then starts loading something about "assets" and then appears an empty window with a generic "preload.error" (you can see the exact picture here: ********************************* ).

Edit: Dont know why but the link appears hidden by "*****", if anyone can explain me how to post a link/picture i will do it right away

I tried to launch refresher.exe before launching it, same issue.

Also tried disinstall and reinstall in a completely different folder, same issue.

How can i resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance

Marco

Hi Marco,

Sorry, images / links cannot be posting in the forum.

I know that you said that you already uninstalled the game, however, the best way to resolve this issue is to completely uninstall TCGO, and then download the game again (try using a different browser this time), and install the game to a brand new directory.

1. Go to the Programs and Features section your computer's Control Panel. Select the game and uninstall it.
  2. Go to the directory where the game was installed. The default directory is C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData.
  3. The game stores files in the LocalLow and Roaming folders. Go into the LocalLow folder and delete the "The Pok_mon Company International" folder. Go into the Roaming folder and delete the "Pokemon Trading Card Game Online" folder.
  4. Empty your Recycle Bin.

If this does not help, it would be a good idea to run a scan for viruses / malware, and run scandisk. Here are a few more tips to help get up and running:

• Ensure that you have the newest video and audio drivers for your system, downloaded from the manufacturer's website.
  • Try lowering your desktop resolution to 1024x768.
  • Once in the game, go to your Settings and change performance to "Fastest" and uncheck the special effect boxes, lower your game resolution to 1024x768.
  • Try switching the game to windowed mode from the in-game Settings.
  • Try running TCGO from the “Refresher” file, which can be found in your “Pokemon Trading Card Game Online” folder.
  • From your Windows accessories / system tools and run Disk Cleanup and Disk Defragmenter.
  • Before running TCGO, close any unnecessary background programs (web browsers, word processor, etc.).

Hi Marco,

Sorry, images / links cannot be posting in the forum.

I know that you said that you already uninstalled the game, however, the best way to resolve this issue is to completely uninstall TCGO, and then download the game again (try using a different browser this time), and install the game to a brand new directory.

1. Go to the Programs and Features section your computer's Control Panel. Select the game and uninstall it.
  2. Go to the directory where the game was installed. The default directory is C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData.
  3. The game stores files in the LocalLow and Roaming folders. Go into the LocalLow folder and delete the "The Pok_mon Company International" folder. Go into the Roaming folder and delete the "Pokemon Trading Card Game Online" folder.
  4. Empty your Recycle Bin.

If this does not help, it would be a good idea to run a scan for viruses / malware, and run scandisk. Here are a few more tips to help get up and running:

• Ensure that you have the newest video and audio drivers for your system, downloaded from the manufacturer's website.
  • Try lowering your desktop resolution to 1024x768.
  • Once in the game, go to your Settings and change performance to "Fastest" and uncheck the special effect boxes, lower your game resolution to 1024x768.
  • Try switching the game to windowed mode from the in-game Settings.
  • Try running TCGO from the “Refresher” file, which can be found in your “Pokemon Trading Card Game Online” folder.
  • From your Windows accessories / system tools and run Disk Cleanup and Disk Defragmenter.
  • Before running TCGO, close any unnecessary background programs (web browsers, word processor, etc.).

I have a friend who also has this problem. I have been working with him to get this issue resolved and we found that "The Pok_mon Company International" folder does in fact not install on his computer.

I suspect that the reason is because of malware we found on his pc but I just find it strange that more people are getting this, I have even tried sending him my "The Pok_mon Company International" folder from my own LocalLow, running the refresher, changing the resolution and a lot of other ways we tried to cheat the game into function.

If Guest2559218 also cant find his "The Pok_mon Company International" folder in LocalLow that should expose a pattern and allow you to start looking into this issue some more.

I have been having the same problem as the OP, however, I did find the "The Pok_mon Company International" folder after installing it. If I uninstall the game through the control panel this folder disappears, but the Pokemon Trading Card Game Online folder does not. I have been having this problem for almost two weeks now.

I have been having the same problem as the OP, however, I did find the "The Pok_mon Company International" folder after installing it. If I uninstall the game through the control panel this folder disappears, but the Pokemon Trading Card Game Online folder does not. I have been having this problem for almost two weeks now.

It was just a theory of mine that the missing LocalLow would be the cause. I still highly suspect that the problem lies within the installer and/or compatibility failure with certain computers.

I had no trouble installing and playing the game myself but the fact that my friend cant is a cause for concern.

Every time he tries to start the game he receives this message:

loading.preloadererror.title

loading.preloadererror.body

common.dialog.exit

I have helped him with his router settings in order to allow the game to connect and even convinced him to turn off his firewall during the update process with no luck.

It was just a theory of mine that the missing LocalLow would be the cause. I still highly suspect that the problem lies within the installer and/or compatibility failure with certain computers.

I had no trouble installing and playing the game myself but the fact that my friend cant is a cause for concern.

Every time he tries to start the game he receives this message:

loading.preloadererror.title

loading.preloadererror.body

common.dialog.exit

I have helped him with his router settings in order to allow the game to connect and even convinced him to turn off his firewall during the update process with no luck.

I got exactly the same problem, as for me I cannot find the "The Pok_mon Company International" folder either...

i have the folder in locallow but it is completely empty.. tried all the suggested steps but the issue persists.. any idea?

all of a sudden now it works.. dont know what did the trick.. last step i did, it was to uninstall the game by the installer itself instead of uninstalling it from control panel (i know that it makes no difference but..) and then i manually removed the pokemon international company folder from locallow and reinstall it again..

hope this helps

all of a sudden now it works.. dont know what did the trick.. last step i did, it was to uninstall the game by the installer itself instead of uninstalling it from control panel (i know that it makes no difference but..) and then i manually removed the pokemon international company folder from locallow and reinstall it again..

hope this helps

I'll tell my friend to try that, He always used the control panel.

Archived