Card art replaced by strange computer symbol

Joe-Dexter

Most of my cards artwork have been replaced by this odd computer symbol. This is the best I can describe what it looks like: A planet on the left hand side, 3 arrows in the middle pointing to a computer on the right hand side. I have tried reinstalling the program. Updating to the latest patch. Nothing works. I am running a Mac 10.9.4 Mavericks.

Any help would be awesome!

One of the big "rule number one"s of troubleshooting these days is don't reinstall an app unless you're specifically asked to do so -- it rarely ever fixes the problem (excepting if there's been an update/patch since the last installation, but a lot of apps will check for that automatically), more often it's just a waste of your time.

That is the "downloading image" placeholder used to indicate the game doesn't have the card image loaded yet -- it will go away once the download finishes. (In the case of foil cards, it has to download two images -- one for the card and one for the reflective foil pattern -- so you may see cases where the placeholder image is reflected in the card even though the card itself has loaded.)

The only odd part is how with the last update it seemed to wipe the cache, forcing the game to re-download all cards again.

Thanks for the reply! It must be unusual that its taking 20 minutes to load any sort of image though right? Do you know if this is something I will have to go through everytime I open the app?

Hello Joe-Dexter!

Stratadrake is correct - you can usually get these images to download quickly by opening your Collection and scrolling through your cards in Tile view, giving each one time to load. Once these are loaded, you will not have to load them again unless you uninstall the game and after some game updates.

I hope this was helpful! :)

Archived