Favorite Cards of Phantom Gate

Pkmon24680

I was thinging about the set after furious fists and how it will affect the meta. With the current cycle change and Next Destinies through Dragons Exalted cards no longer viable, Phantom Gate introduces a lot of cards that could change the meta. What I want to know is what everyone's favorite card is from the the upcoming set from current known cards. My current favorite card from the next set is Aegislash-Ex because its ability is the second coming of Scizor Prime.

Yeah, Aegislash-EX is broken! But the psychic stadium looks also pretty interesting. That's gonna be a cool expansion though. Psychics will get lots of support and steel could become a factor.

Guest ArtichokeCat
Yeah, Aegislash-EX is broken! But the psychic stadium looks also pretty interesting. That's gonna be a cool expansion though. Psychics will get lots of support and steel could become a factor.

Return of Klingklang!

I like Dialga EX the most because Klingklang finally gets a big hitter!

XD Now we just need some Metal energy acceleration and we're good!

The Stadium card, Dimensional Ravine, is going to be interesting with Deoxys-EX in play. All you would need to do is attach 1 Plasma Energy.

Guest ArtichokeCat
The Stadium card, Dimensional Ravine, is going to be interesting with Deoxys-EX in play. All you would need to do is attach 1 Plasma Energy.

Hmm...I don't think so.

I thought it read reduce the Attack Cost of all Psychic Pokemon in play by 1 Colorless, not Psychic.

Please correct me if i'm wrong.

Hmm...I don't think so.

I thought it read reduce the Attack Cost of all Psychic Pokemon in play by 1 Colorless, not Psychic.

Please correct me if i'm wrong.

"The attacks of each [insert Psychic symbol here] Pokémon in play are reduced by [insert Colourless symbol here]".

Whether that means 1 Colourless Energy or 1 Energy in general is unclear.

*I had to put [insert] as the images won't appear.

Mega Gengar-EX might also become a major threat with the spirit link cards coming out and the move it knows, Phantom Gate. Phantom Gate allows M-Gengar-EX to use a move from the opposing active pokemon. Thats good if you can use it the same turn it comes out because of the gengar spirit link cards thats coming out.

First, ArtichokeCat is correct. The card says it reduces the attack cost for each Psychic Pokémon by one Colorless Energy. So, it won't allow Deoxys EX to do that.

I just looked at some of these cards today, but I haven't seen Aegislash EX or that Spirit Link thing. However, I am excited by the fact that AZ will be a Supporter Card! I hope the Full Art version captures the fact that he's huge!

Phantom Gate allows M-Gengar-EX to use a move from the opposing active pokemon.

Actually, not just the active, but any of the opponent's Pokémon. This makes Phantom Gate significantly better than Zoroark's Foul Play, which is limited to the active.

And yes, Dimensional Ravine only takes out a Colorless Energy in the attack cost, but that's still good. It reminds me of Energy Gain, one of the cards that made SP Pokémon so broken back then. XD

I had to put [insert] as the images won't appear.

Common short hand for the Energy symbols can save you some hassle; most are easy as it is just the first letter of the Type in English, either bracketed or in parenthesis. For example to denote a Colorless Energy symbol is [C] or ©. A few are trickier because in English, the several Types start with the same letter or even letters, or contain mostly letters already in use... to the point that its hard to find a letter not currently in use. XD Values also seem to be avoided.

As it will help the discussion to have it handy, here is what I have found to be common shorthand notation for such things:

C = Colorless

D = Darkness

? = Dragon*

Y = Fairy**

* = Fighting

R = Fire***

G = Grass

L = Lighting

M = Metal

P = Psychic

W = Water

*Dragon is odd because by the time it became a formal Type, the letters "D", "R", and "G" were already taken. [N] is the name of a card, and as stated vowels for whatever reason seem to be being avoided (Fire didn't end up as "I" while Fairy didn't end up as "A"). My admittedly brief search turned up no shorthand for the Type: sights that normally employ the other shorthand have simply chosen to write out "Dragon". I am open to suggestions; the way the game is going even if we never get some sort of "Dragon-Type" Energy, I suspect we'll get more cards that specifically cite the Dragon-Type, such as the Altaria and Gabite from BW: Dragons Exalted.

**Fairy uses the last letter of the Type; "*" and "R" were already in use by this point, and as stated vowels seem to be avoided.

***Even though Fire is one of the original Types, so is Fighting... which also begins with "Fi", so coupled with the color "red" starting with the letter "r", the third letter of the Type becomes the obvious second choice.

Right now I guess I am most excited about Gengar Spirit Link, both in a positive and negative way; right now M Pokémon-EX are too slow to compete with most other Pokémon, but if that is overcome for some of the near misses we already have (and likely will continue to get), then the opposite problem may occur.

I Would like to partiipate but the problem is how to get the english edition of each Card from phantom gates ?? but ithink the m-gengar is my favourtie because the Prime One was my favo Ghost pokemon :*

I Would like to partiipate but the problem is how to get the english edition of each Card from phantom gates ?? but ithink the m-gengar is my favourtie because the Prime One was my favo Ghost pokemon :*

The Phantom Gate expansion hasn't been printed in English yet.

Guest ArtichokeCat
I hope there's going to be a card in the near future to help manage these type specific special energies.

Aegislash EX is coming out in Phantom Gate/ Forces, with an ability that goes something like:

This Pokemon takes no damage from opponent's Pokemon with Special Energy attached. :P

But I don't think they're bringing back Lost Remover anytime soon.

So far, there hasn't been much card releases of the new set. Anyway I wanna find a way to use Manectric-EX. Why Manectric-EX ? Well it's mega was shown in the set and a glimpse of it was shown along with other cards in to seems to be a commerical of it. I hope they reveal it sometime soon to see some competitive side of Manectric-EX in the TCG !

Archived