New tutorials unskippable = unacceptable.

Astrobia

So just built a new computer and reinstalled the game last week. Was sorting out the options today and accidentally unticked the disable new user experience option... This then proceed to force you into the mind numbing tutorials which you can not escape. Restarted the game in the hopes of changing the option before they start, but no, it immediately forces you back into with the addendum you have to restart them from the beginning. It's the most unpleasant user experience I've had with this game in years...

Even if I was a completely new player it would be horrible. I might never have played the game online before but that doesn't mean I don't know how to play pokemon cards and have zero affinity for user interface conventions... And yet I must play through the linear by the nose no free will tutorial (which is little better than a video) with no other option. It's like the game is being held hostage, "We spent hours programing these tutorials so if you want to play the rest of the game you are going to go through them whether you like it or not". Completely unuser friendly. Terrible, just Terrible.

Oh and by the way, having only half the interface functions work for the step but step parts of the tutorial (i.e. when the tutorial tells you to attack, you can not click the attack button on the quickbar or whatever else you are used to, you must right click on the card and push exactly the button it wants you to push) also really annoying.

I second this. I was really hoping the tutorial might be a replacement for the older 23 minute video Pokemon produced 3+ years ago, but this is not. It's terrible, click-y for no reason, condescending. I do not recommend this for anyone.

Hi Astrobia,

I'll submit your feedback to the Dev team and leave your thread open for discussion in the meantime.

As always, we appreciate your input!

Archived