Preloading error

bulbasaur32277

When I try to start the game up and it says "please wait loading assets" it takes a lot longer to load than usual and then when it get to about 90% it's says preloading error and exits out. Then after about 4 to 5 more times I can finally log in but when I go to random matches and they show the Player vs Player screen pre match, both me and my opponents have a big question mark on them with no avatar shown. I waited like 5 mins but still nothing and it would not go into the match. Does anyone else have this problem?

I've experienced both issues, both where it takes too long to "load assets" and where it gives me the preloader error at 0%. As for the "?" in the place of your avatar on the VS screen, that's the placeholder image while your avatar information (and your opponent's) is loading. Why they thought it was a good idea to make you wait at the VS screen while that happens is beyond me, but it has led to some rather unfair "timeout" losses. I've already reported it, but in the meantime I found a handy interm solution for the avatar loading problem is to not just jump into the VS matches. Instead, monkey around in the other areas when you first log on. Entering the Trainer Challenge is especially helpful, as you cannot get timed out there while waiting for the initial avatar load, and after one or two matches not only is your avatar loaded up enough to shoe up instantly on the PVP VS screen, but your opponent's show up rather quickly as well (if not instantly). It may not be ideal, but it works. I only wish I had some idea of how to fix the preloader problem.

I am having the exact problem as the OP. Except mine has literally never worked since I first tried to play two weeks ago. I sent in a ticket on the 16th which included everything they recommended, and have yet to hear back from them.

Archived