Exchange Unwated Cards for Tokens?

MaSkullzOnFire

Most of us have around 10 of a card that we never use (in most cases these are the common cards) and seeing as we can only have 4 of a Pokémon/Trainer/Special Energy in a deck the other cards are just sitting there in our Collection not being used and the chances of them getting traded are going to be around 0% as nobody wants them.

So I propose a system, perhaps an extension on the Shop, that allows us to exchange all of those unwanted cards for Tokens (1x Token for 1x Common, 2x Token for 1x Uncommon, and so on).

I have seen this idea before and I have mixed feelings about it. On the one hand, I have cards that I could afford to dispose of, but on the other hand, I feel like this system could be abused if not balanced properly.

Here are a few of the questions that need to be asked.

• How many tokens does each card get you?
  • On average, how many packs does it take to provide you with enough tokens to by another pack?
  • How can this be abused?
  • Should this only be for cards, or can we trade in other items?
  • Should you only be able to trade in cards that are marked as tradable or vice versa?
  • Do cards that are no longer in circulation get you more since you can’t get them anymore?

The last 2 are what I am mostly concerned with and feel like they will become a topic of debate if such a system is put into place. Although this would be nice, I really don’t feel a need for it at the moment, and for now I’m going to stick with trading away my extra commons for other commons I don't have since the new trading system has made it more likely people will find and accept my offers.

Guest ArtichokeCat

Something RoyalDuke said about how to abuse this option:

"Redeem the Rallying Cry theme deck infinitely and get your self an infinite number of tokens."

or something similar.

Just have a system sort of like hearthstone. You don't have to be able to craft cards with dust or anything fancy but being able to trade in extra copies for tokens would be nice. Also it might be best if this was only allowed for unlocked cards.

"Redeem the Rallying Cry theme deck infinitely and get your self an infinite number of tokens."

or something similar.

No Support for this suggestion known to mass use the rallying cry deck for cards

Based what I have seen here, I propose that there could be an exchange/trash option implemented. Unlocked cards could be exchanged for tokens. Maybe not quite 1 token per common and up, but maybe 5 commons for 1 token and go from there. For locked cards, you could choose to trash extra cards that you don't want or need. With this, no infinitely unlocking Rallying Cry for tokens, and the tokens you can get aren't exactly free since most people have to buy packs or win tournaments to acquire them. That is my opinion anyway.

Based what I have seen here, I propose that there could be an exchange/trash option implemented. Unlocked cards could be exchanged for tokens. Maybe not quite 1 token per common and up, but maybe 5 commons for 1 token and go from there. For locked cards, you could choose to trash extra cards that you don't want or need. With this, no infinitely unlocking Rallying Cry for tokens, and the tokens you can get aren't exactly free since most people have to buy packs or win tournaments to acquire them. That is my opinion anyway.

5 commons for 1 token? That's a bit silly. That's 475 cards for a 5 card pack.

I guess if you use current values for common's bulk trading...roughly $.03/card (common's/uncommon's)...then 133 cards is a $4 pack. Round it up and make it 150 cards to get enough tokens for a regular 10-card pack or 75 for a 5-card pack.

or something similar.

Then perhaps there could be a limit to the amount of locked cards you can exchange? Say, 15 locked cards per month?

Well this has the problem with the thing i said earlier and is quoted a few times on this thread.. but with a max of 3 tokens per card (rare) or 4 (ultra rare if you wanna count that) i dont think that would be such a problem... redeeming countless ralling cries for such a little rewards is not worth the effort

the thing then would be why to bother trading those cards in if you only get 1-4 tokens for each one...

i've got many commons with 4 or more locked but im not gonna trade them in for so little its just not worth the time...

and i think a lot of players would feel the same so making it like that could be a waste of time....

dont get me wrong im all for a way to get something for your unwanted extra locked cards but with all the free stuff out there i dont think there'll be a foolproof solution for this.

unless a distinction would be made between the locks on cards you can get from codes (like the ralling cry deck) and those you get from the 5/10 card boosters in the shop (using tokens)...

I love the idea of being able to turn cards into token of some sort, but, tokens themselves are rather useless. Sure, I can buy 5-card packs, but I'm just getting more junk with a slim chance of something worthwhile.

I'd really like to see tokens used as a currency in the Trading system. So that I could trade my Genesect-EX for 6000 tokens, or my little CubChoo for 300 tokens. Rather than use Packs as a proxy currency, just be allowed to use tokens. Skip the middle man(packs), so to speak.

So then, I could trade my commons on the Trading market for tokens rather than packs. Since tokens would be worth something in trade, more people would be willing to accept common cards for small tokens where in the current system they aren't worth bothering with.

That's my dream. Tokens in the Trading system.

That's my dream. Tokens in the Trading system.

Offering tokens in trades is a bit of a double edge sword.

Although I would love to trade a few of my extra cards for tokens, or use tokens to buy cards from other people, I know that if tokens became tradable, then there would be room for abuse of that system.

At the moment tokens can only get you untradeable cards, so if you traded your cards for tokens you would have then turned a tradable card into a few random untradeable cards. This would be the same as a trade in system and there is nothing wrong with it on your end. However, the other person would have just traded a collection of potential untradeable cads for a tradable card. This would essentially make it so that people could trade untradeable for tradable cards. This would radically change everything because suddenly people could just save up enough tokens to buy an EX card and then trade it for packs instead of spending the tokens on untradeable packs.

Maybe they should allow people to trade in cards for tokens only if they own a tradable version of it. So we would not see people trading in cards they got from theme decks and cards from token bought booster packs and so on. I for one would rather the Gem system be used in other countries then Canada, like in America. I believe I heard Canada is the only country that can use Gems. Tradable cards should be cashed in for Gems is better to me. And Gems could be bought with real money and Gems could buy every thing in Shop and Gems would be tradable with Trades for things. I am thinking of $.50 spent on Gems that could buy one 10 card booster pack in Shop. I already get to buy 10 card booster packs at my local Comic book store for $.50 each. So that is the price I would expect to see. Why would I spend more when I get them cheaper?

I came up with a new idea. What if a program is written that always gets rid of 5 or more untradable cards in a persons collection. A person only needs 4 of one card so 5 or more would just get deleted. To pay people back, after one card is deleted they are given one token or a fair amount depending on the cards worth.

Or they could just delete all cards that a person has 5 or more and give no pay back.

Another idea is that when a person wins a new card on wheel or by opening booster packs and so on. That a program would be able to identify what cards a person already has in their collection and would make sure a person doesn't get 5 or more of the same card. Maybe this should just work for untradable cards as cards you win on wheel are tradable and code card booster pack cards are tradable and people may want to be able to win 5 or more of the same cards in those cases. So maybe just for when it is untradable cards.

Guest ArtichokeCat

What if I want 100 FA Shaymin EX LT in my Collection because I really like Shaymin?

That would suck having all your Shaymin deleted. :/

What if pokemon didn't allow you to redeem things more than once suchs as codes for theme decks. Then you could still end up with a huge amount of one card, but it would take a long time to get them and so there might not really be any abuse of a system like this fourm is talking about.

Guest ArtichokeCat
What if pokemon didn't allow you to redeem things more than once suchs as codes for theme decks. Then you could still end up with a huge amount of one card, but it would take a long time to get them and so there might not really be any abuse of a system like this fourm is talking about.

Yeah they need to fix the thing with the Rallying Cry theme deck. :)

Archived