The new theme decks

Sapphirewave

So, it’s been a few days since 3 new theme decks were added to the game, so I think it's now time to ask the question a lot of people are probably asking; How good are these decks compared to the others and in theme deck mode?

Since I’ve only played with Mental Might at the moment, I can’t give my opinion on the other 2 decks. That being said, I find it to be one of the best decks that have been given away for free so far. If I had to pick, the stars of that deck are Gallade and Miltank, and the single Evosoda really does help. I normally use Explosive Edge in theme deck mode and more often than not players who use Mental Might have put up really good fights.

Guest ArtichokeCat
So, it’s been a few days since 3 new theme decks were added to the game, so I think it's now time to ask the question a lot of people are probably asking; How good are these decks compared to the others and in theme deck mode?

Since I’ve only played with Mental Might at the moment, I can’t give my opinion on the other 2 decks. That being said, I find it to be one of the best decks that have been given away for free so far. If I had to pick, the stars of that deck are Gallade and Miltank, and the single Evosoda really does help. I normally use Explosive Edge in theme deck mode and more often than not players who use Mental Might have put up really good fights.

What? 3 NEW theme decks were added?

I don't see them.

The only new theme deck I have the the mental might theme deck...

What? 3 NEW theme decks were added?

I don't see them.

The only new theme deck I have the the mental might theme deck...

You have to purchase the 2 FUF theme decks (using either tokens or entering the code from a physical copy).

I'll just give my comments on each of them, after rigorous plays with all three;

Dark Hammer; this deck is very inconsistent. While it can hit very hard, I rarely have time to set up before my opponent overwhelms me. The draws generally make the deck. Pangoro is a powerhouse, but he doesn't hit as hard as Yveltal from destruction rush, and the Resilient Life theme deck is still very popular, and often crushes this deck with it's versatility and resistance to dark. I will add this though; never brush off Machamp, that card saved me quite a bit when testing this deck.

Mental Might; This deck is extremely consistent. Whether you are just letting Gallade sit on the bench for an easy 80 damage for only one energy with Miltank, or using Swoobat to spread energy around for Gallade's Powerful Storm attack, it seems to always have a way to be playable, and with often ferocious results. Don't take this deck lightly.

Enchanted Echo; This is the deck with the most versatility. With Eevee's easy first turn evolution, and it's evolutions (Sylveon and Leafeon) both having cheap energy attacks, you can set up extremely fast. Leafeon's first attack Soothing Scent does 30 damage, as well as putting the opponents pokemon to sleep, which can be a great advantage. It's second attack Magical Leaf does 50 damage, but if you flip a heads, that increases to 80 and heals Leafeon of 30 damage. Not quite as useful as Serperior from Basic Green, but definitely faster. Sylveon; this card is a powerhouse to say the least. Most enemies will set up their main attacker first; Sylveon can move the energy off the defending pokemon and onto any pokemon on the opponent's bench, which often halts retreats, and to make things worse; you can put it on an altogether useless pokemon. The energy is wasted. It's second attack is quite basic, but still worth mentioning as it will be the heavy hitter; Echoed Voice does 50 damage on the first turn, but increases to 100 on the next. There are some valuable bench sitters such as Victreebel which by discarding one grass energy- will poison and confuse your opponent's defending pokemon! This deck is definitely my favorite of the three.

Test out the decks yourself and see what you prefer!

Archived