Extended and Modified format verus mode

Spartanclone001

Pokemon.com has announced that for the first time ever there will be two separate formats this 2015 season, will PTCGO have the option to allow players to play in versus mode using either cards/decks for this respected format? I think this is a necessary option for players to play using separate formats aimed towards that that competitive play.

Anyone else know if this would be coming to PTCGO? It does not feel right that some players are entering ranked games with two separate formats with one formate have an advatage over the other.

The Standard format rotation will be implemented in the online game at approximately the same time that it becomes effective in the physical game. We will be supporting the Expanded format in the online game, though it won't be until later this year.

I gotta say, I'm very glad to hear that Extended / Expanded Format will be part of the TCG Online! I'm definitely looking forward to some of the interesting opportunities that will result from having this available, since Unlimited still seems a bit out of my league.

Archived