PTCGO enables scamming/cheating/hypocrisy

DesDaddy

On July 28, Prof_Mathis said (in Forums->Announcements & News->Announcements->Mystery Box contents updates):

"The Bonus Wheel provides players with an opportunity to earn additional rewards for completing a Ranked match in Versus Mode or any match in Tournament Mode, including a pull from the Mystery Box. Some of the items in the Mystery Box are static, some are updated weekly (typically each Monday by 10AM PDT). Static items include:

25 Trainer Tokens

Note: There is currently a bug with the animation for this item, where only 1 Token is displayed. However, the proper quantity of Tokens are still awarded.

4 Tournament Tickets

1 random booster from one of the most recent Pokémon TCG expansions

The items that are updated weekly can include anything from single cards from expansions, promo cards, coins, sleeves, and more. Make sure you log in and play every week to discover the rewards contained in the Mystery Box!" (end quote)

By devaluing card values to less than a pack value (by spamming them on the wheel mystery box), how is PTCGO "rewarding" players? Unless it's for players who will only keep those cards for their collection, then it's a nice gesture (and if that's the case, then make them untradeable! Especially the CoL energies that do nothing to help anyone deck build since energies are already free), but that isn't what's happening. What is happening is every week there are a bunch of unsuspecting players who get ripped off in trades because people are offering brand new wheel prizes and trolling/misleading other players into trading a lot of items/cards of value for these brand new wheel prizes. It's a scam, and PTCGO is contributing to it by the way they are doing their wheel/mystery box. If PTCGO knows what's going to be on the wheel (if it's not a "random" process but selected cards, which looks to totally be the case given the evidence of a CoL energy per week), then PTCGO, why not make an official thread with what the cards are going to be for the weeks to come? Why hide this and allow others to get scammed?? Yes, you will say you want to encourage people to log in each week and play, but they will still do that, LOL. If they see the prizes on a thread ahead of time they will still log in to play, and a lot less likely to get scammed out of cards going forward. That way you help PREVENT scamming instead of ENABLING it. The community has done a good job making a thread about it, but it sadly is after the fact, only PTCGO can do it before the fact.

Maybe PTCGO won't do this though, because even though PTCGO says it's against the rules to scam other players, they themselves have been guilty of scamming and cheating their community. For example, what about the Canadians who spent $150 (real life dollars) on 4 Darkrai FA and 4 Giratina FA? (sorry, +5 LT virtual packs each as well, lol). To get Darkrai FA or Giratina FA promo (+5 LT packs) in the Gem Shop in Canada it was 500 gems for 1. Well, 650 gems is $25 real dollars. So basically $20 for 1 of those cards and 5 virtual packs. To get 4 of each promo it would cost $150 approx. That's a LOT of real life money. Why put those cards in the Gem Shop just to release them for free a couple months later on the wheel? That's a big obscenity from PTCGO to any Canadian that bought those cards. That is very low class. I'm not sure why after all this time PTCGO has not refunded those Canadians in a pro-rated way, unless they want to be facist and hypocritical about it. What a way to run a business..

Anyone in the Pokemon community (mods/profs included) here who endorses those cards being given out for free on the wheel, at the hands of totally ripping off Canadians in the gem shop I cannot support. That's just wrong. At least make them untradeable, have some common sense, but no, PTCGO decided to "test" the Canadian market, get all their money, and then make all those cards worthless by wheeling them. That pretty much is the definition of a scam. Users pay a bunch of real life money to PTCGO and then PTCGO makes those cards worthless. Maybe we should all be like PTCGO and scam players out of high end cards for worthless cards on here, because that is exactly what they did to Canadians when they put those cards for free on the wheel. If PTCGO is endorsing and enabling this behavior of ripping off their users for real life money, why can't we rip off users for virtual cards? (which is less worse than what PTCGO did to Canadians). PTCGO is allowed to be worse, and more evil, but if we were to be less evil and scam, that is wrong. Huh? Does not make sense. PTCGO is supposed to be the example, and lead the way with conduct, and yet they demonstrate how to scam. Again, it doesn't make sense, and they have still not released any information about what they are going to do about it. I feel for those Canadians.

So, some honesty from PTCGO would be desired. Let us know what you're doing so people don't get scammed and ripped off please. I can understand if it's a 12 year old trying to rip off others, but you are supposed to be a professional company. Please don't be hypocritical as well. You say it's illegal to post personal information on threads, yet Mike Liesik and Andrew Finch are allowed to use their real names.

If we (also users of threads) dare to share any of that information about us we would get in huge trouble, but somehow it's ok that they can, that just doesn't seem right. And what about the fact that mods/professors are allowed to share external (NON-OFFICIAL POKEMON) links in the threads? If we were to do that we would get muted or worse, but they can do it no problem. When the lovely Prof Snow gives people the website for timeanddate (i can't write the address for it with the period and the letters "com" cause i will get in trouble for posting an external non-official pokemon link, oh the irony) she is allowed to no problem. If us the user ever tried to be very helpful and nice and benevolent to the greater good of the pokemon community and posted the EXACT same external link as Prof Snow did it would get blocked and we would get in trouble for the exact same action that Prof Snow did. The exact same action. Again, hypocritical, like the wheel scam to Canadians.

I'm not sure what PTCGO is thinking. If they are giving all these rare cards on the wheel/mystery box to help newbs be able to trade better and get stuff, do they not realize once those cards get put on the wheel their value drops to less than a pack? That doesn't help newbs trade, it just hurts. If they are trying to help players get access to every card, then just go ahead and do that already, quit yanking your clientel around. Know your plan, and be honest about it so everyone is in the loop and no one gets ripped off. Don't scam people a couple months later. You must have a vision and a 1 year plan and a 5 year plan of what PTCGO will look like 1 and 5 years down the road, right? Well, share that. Show us the future of PTCGO and let us help with it, instead of doing things to push important users away. It seems PTCGO wants to get rid of all the users who will give them real life money, which makes no sense at all from a business standpoint. Right now they are making those users who buy real packs angry. It seems PTCGO is trying to take out the value of packs to make it a true trading card game. It's pretty obvious they want codes and the virtual cards to be worthless (although if that's the case I still don't know why we have to pay real life money just to get one in a pack). It seems to be 1 step forward, 2 steps backwards. In everything they do (updates/patches included). Why push away the people who give you real life money? Again, it makes no sense.

Anyways, I don't expect anyone to read this since it's so long, except PTCGO cause they have to. And that's good. I'm sorry if I upset you, but it's also upsetting to me when you wheel/mystery box things how you do and people get scammed. I guess we'll see what the future of PTCGO is...if they have any idea what it is and how to exeggcute it properly...

Short Version of this post (maybe I should put this at the top, lol):

1. PTCGO please don't enable scamming/cheating

2. PTCGO please make a thread showing what the wheel prizes will be for the foreseeable future (since you already know)

3. How PTCGO scammed Canadians out of a lot of money

4. Hypocrisy of PTCGO

5. PTCGO is pushing away users who have given them (and would give them) lots of money

jeez man, enough is enough, i understand your sadness, but this is going too far, there are ppl who appreciate what they are doing, so calm down, no need to cry over it by writing a whole tread on this stupid thing again.

jeez man, enough is enough, i understand your sadness, but this is going too far, there are ppl who appreciate what they are doing, so calm down, no need to cry over it by writing a whole tread on this stupid thing again.

This post isn't to you, and you totally missed what it's about. Also, ripping Canadians out of $150 real life dollars IS "going too far". If you get mugged for $150 (especially by someone you trust) then don't complain and don't go to the police about it..

Anyways, stop trolling my posts please and thank you.

Most people don't think that way. There are a few rich horders, hording all these rare cards and jack up the price to rip profit from them. You know very well who I'm referring to. You didn't make this post when Giratina and Darkrai promo came out. You made this post after they keep giving away CoL energies. You fear that all these old cards that you were hording are gonna lose value, that's when you flipped out. You think trolling this forum will stop Pokemon Company from giving your hord items as wheel prize, then think again.

Most people don't think that way. There are a few rich horders, hording all these rare cards and jack up the price to rip profit from them. You know very well who I'm referring to. You didn't make this post when Giratina and Darkrai promo came out. You made this post after they keep giving away CoL energies. You fear that all these old cards that you were hording are gonna lose value, that's when you flipped out. You think trolling this forum will stop Pokemon Company from giving your hord items as wheel prize, then think again.

That is not true, DesDaddy originally made the post somewhere else, but wants to bring attention to the mods via this post with his claims, reasons etc. By what I know, I don't think he hoards much compared to other hoarders (etc... etc....)

By his definition, reprinting cards would be considered scamming. Supermarket giving weekly sales would be considered scamming. Why should people pay for more, when they can get it cheaper the next week.

By his definition, reprinting cards would be considered scamming. Supermarket giving weekly sales would be considered scamming. Why should people pay for more, when they can get it cheaper the next week.

Big difference between being charged $150.00 for something and being given it for free ($0.00). It's not $6.99 on sale for $5.49 at a supermarket. Anyways, I mentioned this a long time ago and when promo Giratina FA and Darkrai FA were released on the wheel mystery box, fyi. Also, if you're going to sell something for $150 that's fine, but when you give it away for free shortly after, that's a scam (as I gave evidence about). It coming from PTCGO just confuses me, that's all, sorry that bothers you. I also explain about myself a bit in the Wheel Prizes thread, if you want some context/information before accusing me of things..

Hello,

Please note that volunteering any player's personal information (including moderators) without their explicit permission is prohibited on the forums. This thread will be closed for review by the moderation team.

Archived